PDA

View Full Version : Custom spell problem

Astaldoath
10-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Ive tried to make a custom slow spell but it says You feel bogus as an unknown spell accosts you. The effect still works, no icon appears though either. Anyone know why this happens?

bufferofnewbies
10-17-2006, 04:39 PM
have you added this spell to both server and client spell_us.txt files?

Astaldoath
10-17-2006, 04:43 PM
have you added this spell to both server and client spell_us.txt files?

No, but i didnt do that with my previous spells either and they worked perfect. However I will try

Ueguvil
10-17-2006, 04:54 PM
No, but i didnt do that with my previous spells either and they worked perfect. However I will try

No, they didn't work perfect. Unforunately the client can't magically know the info for the spells and needs to read it from it's own spells_us file.

Astaldoath
10-18-2006, 04:35 AM
No, they didn't work perfect. Unforunately the client can't magically know the info for the spells and needs to read it from it's own spells_us file.

yeah i guess I should have said they worked fine, dont ask me why lol.

I love you :D, it works now!!!

Xavius
11-04-2006, 10:51 AM
I've been trying to configure a couple of custom spells now, been using a spell editor, can someone explain exactly what is needed as I'm at the point where I've managed to update the spells_us.txt file with a new customer haste spell, made sure the spells_us.txt file is on both server and client machines but its not showing in the spell list if I do a #spfind when logged in... is there something else I'm meant to be updating for the spell to appear and be castable?

Xavius
11-05-2006, 10:49 AM
never mind, found a glitch on one of the spells that was preventing it from loading the remainder in spells_us.txt!