PDA

View Full Version : I Need your help

Angelox
10-28-2006, 12:38 PM
If you look at some of the zones I spawned, take for example Harbinger's Spire - I've been told it was very well spawned and very Live-like. Would you believe I spawned it totally from memory? I knew stuff like, where the mobs spawned, exactly where they stood , where the roamers went and the when, where and what the named mobs dropped. Believe me, I didn't need a packet log to tell me where mobs like Varin Deathclaw spawned, how he roamed, what he dropped, or how nasty he was; I knew this by heart.
What I'm getting at is, there must be more of you players out there like me, there must be some zone or info you know well, that needs to be "imortalized" in an EQEMU database?
If you can help me with this, I will do my best to get the data running asap. Here's some ideas on how you can get the info to me;
- one zone at a time - don't come to me with a bunch of zones, because I'll freak!
- if you can download my Database, and populate the zone, then extract the data in to a sql , this would be the best way.
- since I know everyone can't do that, I'm willing to try any other idea you may have as to how you can get that data to me. Maybe set you up with some editors or I'll make a public server so you can come in and place spawns and grids.
As you know, my database belongs to everyone (always has and always will) , so this data will be for everyone too.

GeorgeS
10-30-2006, 03:12 AM
Angelox, your memory is very good.

I spent many days in POS (plane of storms), and managed to get 70 there.
It's a zone I should have memorized, but like many other people, moved from zone to zone, never fully exploring every npc drop - thus the packet collector would be my choice.

I can populate some npc's from memory, but not all the drops.

GeorgeS

Angelox
10-30-2006, 04:40 AM
Angelox, your memory is very good.

I spent many days in POS (plane of storms), and managed to get 70 there.
It's a zone I should have memorized, but like many other people, moved from zone to zone, never fully exploring every npc drop - thus the packet collector would be my choice.

I can populate some npc's from memory, but not all the drops.

GeorgeS

Thanks GeorgeS - You just reminded me that I played a bit there too. I remember the druids used to charm frogs and kill the giants - I had an Enchanter, and did the same. One time we tried to make a "Druid raid" ( i was the only Enchanter) on a fort way in the back of the zone, with about 5 charmers. It was pretty crazy, as the frogs kept breaking charm. And the named there would wipe out frogs (charmed or not) and us too,in a flash. Still a lot of fun though.
I bet if we put our heads together, we'll make a decent zone there. And whatever is missing, we can always research on the net. I'll be in touch with you on this.
I've been a little "Burnt out" for a while - over sat my self here a while back, and that really effects a muscular condition I have.
But I plan to do more zones.

Angelox
10-31-2006, 01:15 PM
GeorgeS,
I got Postorms populated and posted (together with a few other Pop zones), if you want to download and finish it off with what you know, it would be great.

GeorgeS
11-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Excellent - I will DL the sql

GeorgeS