PDA

View Full Version : 2.1 disconnect

humphrey
02-02-2002, 05:02 AM
i have 2.1 and its still disconnecting and none of the new commands are working. =\ anyone else have same problem?

Schmuck
02-02-2002, 05:17 AM
Yeah, it seems a little bit laggier than usual..no random disconnects for me (yet, hehe) and none of the new #shape, #race, #texture, or #zheader commands are working...

xiix
02-02-2002, 11:18 AM
i am getting the disconnects after i enter world for about 10 secs. i tried several different zones and it still does it. seems really laggy

madborg
02-02-2002, 11:34 AM
i am getting the disconnects after i enter world for about 10 secs. i tried several different zones and it still does it. seems really laggy

Does your zones have spawns in them or are they empty?
the "10 second" problems seems like the old "zone death" thing of a few releases ago.

xiix
02-02-2002, 11:44 AM
yes there spawns in all of them. In neriak commons there were spawns that were jumping.

hanuman
02-02-2002, 12:28 PM
I had that same problem with zones crashing after about 10 seconds.

Using activitymanager i noticed that everquest was using 100% of my cpu.

So i set all zone.exe processes to slightly higher than normal priority and world.exe to high priority and that fixed the problem. Perhapps a similar method might help you?

Btw im using win2k, athlon 800mhz and about 700mb ram
/Hanuman

madborg
02-02-2002, 01:09 PM
yes there spawns in all of them. In neriak commons there were spawns that were jumping.

I have gone to three zones on my server with no sign of zone death. I have spawned one armored human and she is not jumping.

If anyone has a zone that has no spawns, try to go there and see if there is a zone death -- or not.

--------------------

Here is what I have seen on got frags

-didn't notice if spawns were jumping, but i don't think so
-zone appeared to be on the verge of death as packet numbers went to yellow and red
-#zone resulted in 100% crashes.

On my server -- so far (minilogin two box set up)
-no mob jumping
-zones seem stable
-#zone is working fairly well

-------------------------------

Baron Sprite
02-02-2002, 01:21 PM
created spawns in admin used to jump I know that, now I just do it myself ingame :D

DeletedUser
02-02-2002, 10:32 PM
the LD while zoning is because too much data is being sent. On live servers both the spawns and your inventory items are compressed before they're sent... ours arent yet... still tring to debug those packets.

xiix
02-03-2002, 05:36 AM
well i figured out why i was disconnecting 10 secs after i enter world. i forgot i put in drawde's spawn/loot data, so i deleted all that out and put it back in without drawde's spawn/loot data and now everything works fine.

anyone knows why this is?

Zeitgeist
02-03-2002, 11:39 AM
weird, i have all of drawde's data in and am working fine.