PDA

View Full Version : Titanium and Lavastorm, Nektulos, Bazaar

Rhodan
11-08-2006, 09:47 AM
I figured out how to get all the old zone to show up in the Titanium client. There seems to be a bit of confusion about how its done. Some say just delete the *.eqg file and other say that doesn't work. Well, both are right.

The Titanium install contains the old Lavastorm and Nektulos files so deleting (or better, renaming) the nektulos.eqg and lavastorm.eqg files and restarting your client will then use the old files.

The Titanium install does NOT contain the old bazaar files and actually only has three new bazaar files. Deleting these will just make your client crash when you try to enter the bazaar.

To get the old bazaar files, install an older version of EQ to a different directory than Titanium (I used c:\oldeq). This will overwrite your desktop icon and start menu entries for EQ so you'll have to change their properties to reflect your titanium install but, it does not affect the operation of titanium in any other way.

Rename the bazaar files that are in the Titanium directory (I just put "new" in front of the name) then copy all the bazaar files from the old eq install into the titanium directory.

You'll also want to grab the old map files (the maps that show up in the client when you hit "M", not the server map files) for bazaar, lavastorm, and nektulos. Go into the titatium\maps directory and rename the three <zone>.txt files (put new in front). Next go to the old eq maps directory and copy the three .txt files to the titanium maps directory.

Make sure you changed the desktop/start menu icons to run the eqgame.exe in the titanium directory then start your client again. You can now see all three old zones!

p.s. I think bazaar originated with Kunark? The new bazaar with DoN (Dragons). SO any eq between should have the old bazaar.

Sakrateri
11-08-2006, 10:00 AM
bazaar came with Luclin

sdabbs65
11-08-2006, 11:45 AM
bazaar came with Luclin
anyone that played in that ERA knows the Luclin patch's is what changed EQ
forever...and the servers were constanly going down for updates evermore.

John Adams
11-08-2006, 01:36 PM
The old bazaar has it's nostalgia, but anyone using new(er) clients will have the new one. Might be best to just fix the zone points for new bazaar (coincidentally, I had just done this the other night - but I am lacking the zouts).

Rhodan
11-08-2006, 05:07 PM
anyone that played in that ERA knows the Luclin patch's is what changed EQ
forever...and the servers were constanly going down for updates evermore.

I played from Beta 3 until a little while before the first expansion. When I came back, both Velious and Kunark were out (what a learning curve!). I played for a while again then took another extended break this time LDoN, Luclin, and PoP were all out, along with some others... I ended up buying the platinum pack as it was cheaper than buying the expansions seperately.

So my memories in EQ are quite long and patchy. I easily get confused about what expansion did what ;)