VargTass
11-11-2006, 07:04 AM
Heya all!

I wonder how i can get the old spells back and no new spell effects

Thanks for your time.

VargTass
11-11-2006, 09:51 PM
OK i gigured it out now how to get CLASSIC SPELLS

Just get rid of these files in your EverQuest Folder as following.

SpellEffects Folder - gequip5.s3d - global6_chr.s3d - spellsnew.edd - spellsnew.eff

Put those files into a backup folder also the spelleffects folder so nothing of above listed is inside EverQuest folder.

And there you go old spell graphic back!!!

Zard
11-18-2006, 12:33 PM
Nice job VargTass!
I have been wanting to figure this part out for a while now. I do not see the initial spell effects when casting, but once the spell lands it is definitaly back to old effects. I always prefered the old shielding buffs spell type effects.
Thanks again!

Craleu
11-21-2006, 04:30 AM
thank you
i've been wondering what happend to the old effects

Zard
03-23-2007, 09:48 AM
Fyi,

I ended up reverting back to the new spells after trying this out for a few months. I finially started to notice other graphical issues such as certain new model weapons not showing up correctly. Cartographers ink bottle graphic for example. Most spells were definitaly the classic look though. If it were possible to keep the spells old and weapons new I would take that option in a heartbeat.

Still a great option for classic spell look if you can suffer the loss of other graphics. thx.

klamath
03-26-2007, 01:58 PM
Old spells graphics only work proper on 5.3 and below the new 6.0 + do not support this.

So_1337
03-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Working fine for me on 6.6 with the fix suggested above. The only thing I miss is that my skeleton pets are the original EQ skeleton models, haven't seen anything else just yet.

Zard
01-30-2009, 02:19 PM
haha i never give up :) While working with my database I noticed that item 31956 : "Ring of Escape" a gm item had the very same particle effect I have been searching for! I used the spell editor to find out its particle effect number was 86. I then edited the spells_us.txt file and replaced minor shieldings particle number to reflect the same and bam, it worked! While the initial casting graphics flow upward instead of outward...it still had the same landing effect as the old spells and does not interfere with other graphics of the game. Now just have to edit a bunch of spells and Imma happy camper...enjoy!

Zard
01-30-2009, 02:47 PM
I should also mention that my post above will not fix ALL older spell graphix...it is specific to the benificial spell buffs like minor shielding or a clerics symbol line of spells....it however does not bring back the old root spell look or the old nuke spell effects....sorry.

Zard
02-04-2009, 10:40 PM
ok so perhaps my last posts were not as impressive as i thought...apparently if i ever played a rune casting player i would have seen it a long time ago lol. I am still messing around with the old spells by removing the suggested files above and noticed that if i only remove the spellsnew.edd & spellsnew.eff that i get the same result (from what i have tested) AND i still get the new weapon graphics....cartographers ink bottle shows up just fine...havent tested skelly pets to see if old or new models though. So that leaves me wondering....why remove the other files...spelleffects folder...geqyuip.s3d...global6_chr.s3d? What point does it serve with spell effects?