PDA

View Full Version : team work on populations

Zengez
11-19-2006, 01:53 PM
I was thinking more about my 'wiki style population server' ... Would anyone want to join up on this? Was thinking perhaps having a closed server under which several select world buildes could just do as much grunt mass population as possible, even if it's not nameds or loot tables but just the 'yard trash' of every zone would compile a huge portion of creatures in the game, and more importantly once the project was done it would allow DB builders to focus on the more complicated aspects/creatures, like properly creating named creatures, and building their loot tables and quest trigger spawns etc... I'm not sure how long it would take because it would depend on how many people would be interested, but if it was needed I'd be willing to host a 24/7 server to be the 'victim' server...

As an aside I was wondering if anyone who actually HAS done massive mob populations could perhaps tell me (and others) if there is a rough formula for things like mob hp and mindmg/maxdmg etc... If nobody wants to do a team effort on mass populating maybe I can do some in my spare time, although I haven't as much free time as I'd like, and I'm sure others are in the same boat, which is why I figured a coordinated effort might be better... still some work is better than no work.

Post any replies or interest and perhaps we'll get something rolling.

GeorgeS
11-29-2006, 02:41 PM
Sometime ago I posted some SQL to do this sort of thing on a global scale. It works as I use this in my database

see this thread on some ideas
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?p=127228#post127228

GeorgeS

bufferofnewbies
11-29-2006, 08:38 PM
I have actually been searching for that post for awhile now. Thanks for the link again. I had forgotten who did it, so I couldnt search by username and all my searches returned way too many for my lazy arse to look through.