PDA

View Full Version : scarecrow model

sfisque
11-28-2006, 09:06 AM
i've been having a bear of a time getting an NPC to show up as a scarecrow, basically, i went to west karana, found one, did #npcstat, got the bodytype, race, texture, etc. but when i try #spawn in a different zone (like rathemtn) i get a human model (like its not present). from what i have read, the scarecrow should be global (because of the enchanter spell that gives the scarecrow form). is there some caveat or detail regarding creating a scarecrow that i might have stumbled on?

== sfisque

chestbuster
11-28-2006, 01:30 PM
Do a forum search or look through the wiki. I remember seeing something about importing models for a zone.

John Adams
11-29-2006, 01:36 AM
Try searching for this string "_chr.txt" (no quotes). Lots of info on this already posted. The model info needed seems extremely cryptic, and is a hit-and-miss it seems. There is a very old guide out there too for models, but it's outdated.

But, it does work. I added new global Orc models and changed orkies around to look all WoW and stuff. Cool.

sfisque
11-29-2006, 05:42 AM
figured out what it was. for some reason, the gender was set to zero rather than two (neuter). i thought i had set it correctly but when i stat'ed the mob i noticed the gender was wrong. i set it appropriately, rezoned and he came up correctly.

the scarecrow model is indeed global. it has to be to support the enchanter haste spell that gives scarecrow form. just like werewolf form is global as well. does anyone know which signature and file the original spider model is found. i found a thread that discusses the "new titanium" spider model, but i want to use the old world model in a few spots.

for those who find this posting via Search, the proper setup for a scarecrow model is:

race: 82 body: 3 gender: 2

== sfisque