PDA

View Full Version : AX_PEQ for Older MySQL versions

Angelox
11-30-2006, 06:40 AM
I posted the MySQL database at my web page, that should work with MySQL versions under 4.1 - I installed MySQL version 4.0.23 on a windows machine, and it restored with out errors. Also ran EqEmu server with it, loaded with no errors.

sdabbs65
12-01-2006, 05:09 AM
I posted the MySQL database at my web page, that should work with MySQL versions under 4.1 - I installed MySQL version 4.0.23 on a windows machine, and it restored with out errors. Also ran EqEmu server with it, loaded with no errors.

Why? who wants to go backwards ?
You do great work by the way and im looking forward to seeing more of your neat zones.

Angelox
12-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Why? who wants to go backwards ?
You do great work by the way and im looking forward to seeing more of your neat zones.

There's still quiet a few that still use SQL 4, and it's what's recommended for the emulator. Some of the Devs even point out it will run better with 4.
I use MySql5 , but for no good reason - I don't have a server , so it works fine for my database work and home-play.

GeorgeS
12-06-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm one of those that has not upgraded to ver 5.x, and most likely won't until absolutely required.. Many here use 4.023

GeorgeS

cavedude
12-06-2006, 02:58 PM
4.0 is certainly the best version of MySQL under Windows for EQEmu. On Linux, I am using 5.0 with no problems at all, but that's no surprise to me ;)