PDA

View Full Version : Tutorialb

Angelox
12-03-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm trying to set the zone up , but it seems I have the original tutorialb for a zone, and I have the spawns for the newer Tutorialb, which is much larger and better.
I'm wondering what needs to be done in order for the newer Tutorialb zone to turn up, instead of what shows up now.

John Adams
12-04-2006, 02:32 AM
My guess is if the new Tutorialb showed up post DoDH, it'll be found in a live patch. You saying it's just physically laid out differently? Could be you just need the Live-patched tutorialb.* files? There have been lots of changes since DoDH.

GeorgeS
12-06-2006, 02:48 PM
That's what I would do. Backup the old files before this

GeorgeS

bufferofnewbies
12-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Ang,
Just a thought, but if this new zone requires a download/ patching from live:
would that not defeat the purpose of the Titanium install version?

Everyone is always free to do what they want with what they have, but if you do something with this new tutorial, and then 'they' change the zone around again so it is different from current live, it seems you run the same problem that eqemu had not long ago. Noone is allowed to send anyone newly joining the patch to use, causing FNW all the joys of banning people who merely want to join in the festivities with your 'database release'. Hehe, notice I say 'release' since it may not be your database completely, but you are the one releasing this version. :p

cavedude
12-06-2006, 03:01 PM
More than likely the newer zone will not work with our older clients. It's not as simple as swapping out a file (though I'm not saying not to try) since the client has to have support for the zone.

bufferofnewbies
12-06-2006, 03:06 PM
ahh, never tried to enter tutorial on the live account.

I know that 'with modifications I will not mention here' the live account I have here can play on my current emu server. So they are still somewhat compatable, currently.

Angelox
12-06-2006, 03:09 PM
The tutorialb I'm working on , is the one that comes with Titanium - the problem I had was with my Video and had me confused with what I thought was an underworld zone. I use Linux for my Client , which adds problems with the newer zones at times.
Tutorialb originally started out a very small zone, then they made it a fairly large zone. In the large zone is where they made changes with npc's, quests and such. I don't really want to try and match what they have new all the time - I just thought it would be nice to have a working, tutorial zone (the large one).
Right now Titanium is where it's all at, so thats what my parameters include

bufferofnewbies
12-06-2006, 03:12 PM
ahh, so when you say old tutorial. Do you mean tutoriala? the one with the kobold and the guy in the jail?

btw: i grabbed your latest dbase updates, love the Rathe guy. :)

Dr Zauis
12-06-2006, 11:56 PM
ahh, so when you say old tutorial. Do you mean tutoriala? the one with the kobold and the guy in the jail?

btw: i grabbed your latest dbase updates, love the Rathe guy. :)

Im pretty sure a 6.1 and maybe early 6.2 clients will have the old tutorialB.
In fact I Think DRP server pack 1 might have old tutorialB spawned. Im pretty sure one of sesmars earliest databases had the old tutorialb spawned.
Ive played them both..Both on live and emulated. TutorialB was totally revamped about the time I joined this website. Or shortly there after.

Angelox
12-07-2006, 01:32 AM
In fact I Think DRP server pack 1 might have old tutorialB spawned. Im pretty sure one of sesmars earliest databases had the old tutorialb spawned.
Ive played them both..Both on live and emulated. TutorialB was totally revamped about the time I joined this website. Or shortly there after.
Hi Zauis!
The Tutorialb you sent me, was from an old format of the Eqemu DB, I've had to figure out not only differences in all the updates made since what probably was 6.1, but also there was a difference in the X Y coords. It belongs to the "large zone format". what's changed is some NPC's and things inside the zone.
If you still don't know what I mean, move/rename your clients "tutorialb.eqg" file into a temp directory, then log in and and you'll see. When you do this, a much smaller tutorialb zone, and probably spawned (at least on my DB it is).
Your file belongs to the large zone version, which includes the tutorialb.eqg file. I already have it running and fixed the quests, but I'm still adding drops/loots, more npcs, and more quests.
When I'm done, the Zone will look a lot like the current tutorialb on live, as the physical parameters of the zone are the same, whats changed is inside the zone.

John Adams
12-07-2006, 01:41 AM
I'm confused. If the large tutorialb comes with Titanium, what was the problem again? I thought you were missing a newer tutorialb.eqg file or something - post DoD.

Angelox
12-07-2006, 02:13 AM
I'm confused. If the large tutorialb comes with Titanium, what was the problem again? I thought you were missing a newer tutorialb.eqg file or something - post DoD.
Hi John,

This is my understanding and I could very well be wrong :)
Titanium comes with a tutorialb.eqg file, also tutorialb.s3d file; delete the eqg file and your left with the older sd3, which is what the client will now read.
since eqg files are just updates made to the zones, tutorialb.s3d must have been how Gloomingdeep started.
Sometime before Titanium, there must have been a tutorialb.s3d with the active zone in use, as that version is populated in my database, and I didn't do it.
Comprende viejo?

Edit:
The problem I had was, my video had all the shaders turned off, and eqg zones will not work for me like that - but i thought I was in an underworld. I deleted the eqg file and discovered the old zone. But then I realized my shader problem, and have the eqg file back in.

Dr Zauis
12-07-2006, 02:27 AM
Hi Zauis!
The Tutorialb you sent me, was from an old format of the Eqemu DB, I've had to figure out not only differences in all the updates made since what probably was 6.1, but also there was a difference in the X Y coords. It belongs to the "large zone format". what's changed is some NPC's and things inside the zone.
If you still don't know what I mean, move/rename your clients "tutorialb.eqg" file into a temp directory, then log in and and you'll see. When you do this, a much smaller tutorialb zone, and probably spawned (at least on my DB it is).
Your file belongs to the large zone version, which includes the tutorialb.eqg file. I already have it running and fixed the quests, but I'm still adding drops/loots, more npcs, and more quests.
When I'm done, the Zone will look a lot like the current tutorialb on live, as the physical parameters of the zone are the same, whats changed is inside the zone.

I remember having a DB with the old zone spwned but I had to change the underworld #s and the zone in point before I could play it.
Then they changed to the new version so I actually have both clients. Then Jimmothy released the files I gave you. By then I was using a new DB and spawned the new tutorialb.

John Adams
12-07-2006, 02:32 AM
Comprende viejo?

Edit:
The problem I had was, my video had all the shaders turned off, and eqg zones will not work for me like that - but i thought I was in an underworld. I deleted the eqg file and discovered the old zone. But then I realized my shader problem, and have the eqg file back in.
Comprende, amigo.

Btw, don't forget that GoD fog fix we did a while back, if you have funky shadowing problems in your zone. Maybe your fog needs tweaking to see it right? I believe it's posted in my thread about GoD fixes, where FNW yelled at me for not using packet collectors that don't work anymore. :) j/k fnw

cavedude
12-07-2006, 02:33 AM

That was my database and I never spawned that zone so you must be thinking of a different database... Unless of course I did pop it and completely forgot, but I seriously doubt that ;)

bufferofnewbies
12-07-2006, 04:54 AM
Titanium comes with a tutorialb.eqg file, also tutorialb.s3d file; delete the eqg file and your left with the older sd3, which is what the client will now read. since eqg files are just updates made to the zones, tutorialb.s3d must have been how Gloomingdeep started.

wow, the 'old' tutorialb is total news to me. I must have skipped too much time between account activations. :)

Good show then. Any day I learn something new is a good day. Now I can go back to bed and wait for tomorrow....

John Adams
12-07-2006, 08:14 AM
The only tutorial zone I accidentally went into once had a kobold in a jail cell. Not sure if that's new or old, but I do remember the zone being small. And fast to get through.

bufferofnewbies
12-07-2006, 08:34 AM
that's the tutoriala, its where everyone starts out with limited UI access on live (or at least 'used to' start out at). You get the key from the kobold to free the guy in the cell, and he leads you to tutorialb (via zoning) to start your revolution.