PDA

View Full Version : OBJECT Table

Angelox
12-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Anyone know why a ground-spawn item I made will disappear from the OBJECT table and not respawn?

EDIT
The item spawns as planned, and I can pick it up - after that is when it poofs from the object table in the database.

Angelox
12-09-2006, 10:13 AM
NM this, I figured it out

John Adams
12-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Cool, glad you brought this up. I found an arrow sticking out of the ground in a GoD zone, picked it up, and it was apparently gone for good. Is this true? How do you get it back? Please educate me. :)

TIA,
J

Angelox
12-09-2006, 11:51 PM
Cool, glad you brought this up. I found an arrow sticking out of the ground in a GoD zone, picked it up, and it was apparently gone for good. Is this true? How do you get it back? Please educate me. :)

TIA,
J
I hear ya, it had me stumped for a while - and I couldn't find any thing on this anywhere.
But it's pretty simple - It's all in the GROUND_SPAWNS table! (thanks cbmoder, for the idea).
OBJECT must have some other use, that I don't understand yet.
Take a look at ground_spawns, and you'll see what I mean. What we need now, is a complete ACTORDEF listing (with descriptions) - I only found partial ones that describe other static items.

bufferofnewbies
12-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Hmm, so items capable of being picked up on a cursor can be implemented into the object table also? very interesting possibilities for single instance spawns. (ok, so it may only be useful for Easter Egg hunts...)

Not sure if the ground_spawn has a 'one-time' field (guess I should have looked before I posted), but this does offer a nice possibility for artifact level item and spell creations/ quests for those whom are first to find out about them.

Good show on finding out what the error was (I missed this post until now :( ), and thanks for giving me yet more to think about so that I never get done with what Im doing now. You're so evil like that... :p

John Adams
12-11-2006, 07:07 AM
but this does offer a nice possibility for artifact level item and spell creations/ quests for those whom are first to find out about them.
Everytime I read these forums, nearly every day, I get a new idea for what I'd like to do to customize my server... like this comment above. :) What I am also finding out is, I am far from the first person to think of anything really cool. hehe... but, the best of all things in one server - now there's a place to call "home".

EliteSting
12-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Check out Patience's Mall sometime , it's usually listed under the Jest server when it's up. He's building a mall of objects , really quite interesting , and very handy.