PDA

View Full Version : got a question

notavialablena1081
12-09-2006, 09:09 AM
Im a complete newb so plz take it easy on me.

Didnt see it in the wiki

Is there a way to edit spells and npc properties via the database, and if so is there a way to view all of the spells through the database. Have played on live until recently and would like to make a solo play server of lan, with spells id insert of equivelent to live in some aspects. Like namely pets and such with the increased max dmg and health, played a mage and loved my little fluffy with 10k hp unbuffed hitting for 130ish. Well if not guess ill have to find a way to make something work, as I said I am a complete newb and in all possibillity prolly stuck my foot in my mouth by missing the answer elesewhere.

LostZaphod
12-11-2006, 03:03 AM
There are no tables related to spells. There is a text file named "spells_us.txt " that is on the client machine and on the server. A hex editor can be used to modify the file, but the client and server files must match. I do not recommend modifing the file, as if it is not done correctly the file does not load completly.

cofruben
12-13-2006, 07:46 PM
The spells information is specified in that text file, as LostZaphod mentioned. If you don't know any sort of estructrural programming I do not suggest you dealing with that file, the best thing you can do is request a spell editor. There was one around, but I'm guessing it's somewhat outdated since the file structure was modified some time ago.

I suggest you checking tools forum, or searching for "spell editor".

Maybe when I have time I'll try to work on an updated spell editor, who knows...