PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone be interested....

Aerewen
12-14-2006, 12:42 PM
In giving me a hand with putting together the tutorial?
Allak has a pretty nice overview of all the quests from it, but I stopped paying sony for EQ months ago... (something about having to buy 3 expansions a year just to keep up that rubbed me wrong :P)

so i need to find someone who has either a very good memory of gloomingdeep... or an active EQ live account to make a newbie and roam the tut to get locations of mobs and whatnot... :)

having a microphone would be a biiiiiiiiiiiiiig plus as we can skype or vent instead of having to type everything out... im thinking of cranking it out this weekend, just sitting down for a couple hours and punching it all into the database

all the npcs are in already.. so are the pathing grids... problem is they are all for the old tutorial lol so ive been moving arias and all the gang up to their new locations for the cool looking tutorial. once we're done ill export the SQL and pop it on here :)

Cripp
12-14-2006, 12:45 PM
i think angelox is already putting together gloomingdeep...
ask him about it

njlinus
12-14-2006, 02:53 PM
I think sony is still offering a trail that only allows you to use the tutorial..might want to look into that. http://everquest.station.sony.com/ click on try it now for more info.

Angelox
12-14-2006, 10:29 PM
Here's the full source for tutorialb;
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/files/tutorialb.tar.gz
It will work with ax_peq database, may or may not work with the others (back up first).
Source the files in by the order they are.
This zone is probably as close as you can get to live for now, until the EqEmu source supports the quest system there is here.
If you want to look at it first, it's running at the "Legacy of the Rathe" server (that I know of).
This source has a few more tweaks added to it, that are not live with Rathe yet.
OR, you can download the ax_peq DB, install apart from your other database(s), and temporarily change the database settings in your eqemu_config.xml

Note;
It will change your default new-character home to Gloomingdeep.

sdabbs65
12-15-2006, 12:47 AM
Here's the full source for tutorialb;
http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/files/tutorialb.tar.gz
It will work with ax_peq database, may or may not work with the others (back up first).
Source the files in by the order they are.
This zone is probably as close as you can get to live for now, until the EqEmu source supports the quest system there is here.
If you want to look at it first, it's running at the "Legacy of the Rathe" server (that I know of).
This source has a few more tweaks added to it, that are not live with Rathe yet.
OR, you can download the ax_peq DB, install apart from your other database(s), and temporarily change the database settings in your eqemu_config.xml

Note;
It will change your default new-character home to Gloomingdeep.

Works Great I wish all your update came that way... so much easier to upgrade a prev database that way.

Aerewen
12-15-2006, 07:39 AM
awesome ill source it in and punch out the quest scripts in perl and post em here... only thing i really needed help with was the placing of npc's and mobs... but ill just use allak on one computer, eq on another, and the server/perl editor on the 3rd :)

have it done hopefully by next week