PDA

View Full Version : Forum Request New section.

candlesaccount
12-19-2006, 07:07 PM
I think this forum needs a new section: Custom content Submission. In my own experience with emulators, the players always came up with better ideas, gadgets, and pets... etc. than the original game developers. Cases in point are 1; I'd never play on another Osi pay shard for UO after seeing all the cool content the emulator for that game has and 2: In Dark age of Camelot horses were only a temperary transport that took you from point a A to B then disapeared, but the emulator guys of that game took it even further and made mounts fully controllable, then went on to add more custom creatures as mount. When people begin to tinker with thier servers and find and or create something cool they have nowhere to post it. And whats the point in making something cool if you can't show it off? :) I understand that eqemu is not complete, and a handful of good people are working hard as much as their busy lives will let them, and i'm thinking that maybe there is no post like that already is to focus on making the game more complete, but i still think it would be more beneficial than harmful to eqemu. Other people would be helping test what was made, maybe find something neat they may want to add to their own servers. I myself have a few ideas but haven delved into the workings of eq yet (still exploring the big big world).

John Adams
12-20-2006, 01:54 AM
I think this is a great idea. There really is nowhere for anyone to share non-legit custom content except via personal links or their own webspace. Could be a nice off-topic addition.