PDA

View Full Version : Well... anyone with some spare time?

morganpartee
12-22-2006, 08:52 AM
Im very very very interested in working on EQEMU, and would absolutely love to!...problem is, is that im not programming savvy enough to know what/where to edit!.. i have experience in sql (little) and experience in html (Lots)...but anyone wanna show me the ropes? i definately have time! lol 8-)

WildcardX
12-22-2006, 09:23 AM
I do appreciate your enthusiasm, but if you want to contribute to the server code you need the following skill sets:

1. Expert knowledge of C++ for both WIN32 and linux platforms. (80%)
2. Intermediate knowledge of perl. (10%)
3. Expert knowledge of MySQL and it's script syntax. (10%)
4. Time and drive to look through and understand the server code. (Another 100%)

sfisque
12-22-2006, 09:27 AM
best bet, if you're working on windows, download the free version of visual studio for C++. most of the emulator code is C++ and some C. get a good C/C++ book too. if you end up fixing something make a patch diff file, upload it to the forum, and if its solid, maybe one of the core devs will put it into the cvs repository. i'm not a core developer on the project, so i cannot guarantee this, but worse case, if you post any fixes here, people can download them and patch their servers directly.

welcome to the community.

and make sure you read all the wiki/forum rules. in a nutshell, the main rules are "no warez, hacks, backpatching, etc. discussions or links". there are other rules, so read up. failing to do so usually ends up in getting flamed. just a pre-warning.

== sfisque

morganpartee
12-22-2006, 12:45 PM
thanks to everyone... and i definitely have the time! lol
but, ill wokr on learning c++... been wanting too anyway... does anyoen know of a good decompiler i could use?

nemious
12-22-2006, 03:16 PM
well eqemu uses VC++.net so you should get it from the microsoft web page. So just learn sql perl and C++ your looking for a compiler not decompiler.

morganpartee
12-23-2006, 07:28 AM
to take apart eq you need a decomp dont you? lol...or did yall do it w/o raping eq?

cavedude
12-23-2006, 08:48 AM
There is no need to use a decompiler, and that is a questionable topic you may wish to stay away from.

morganpartee
12-23-2006, 09:51 AM
will do cavey...i just wasnt sure how you did it.. though i can understand now...lol :-D