PDA

View Full Version : Mysql, minilogin

rezjo
12-24-2006, 03:31 AM
Ok, im totally new to this emulator thing... i read the new player guide and all that jive, but as i was reading through the forums i saw a post where someone had said there wasent any non legit servers... so then i thought, hey... why not do the mini login thing, i went to look it up on the wiki and i find stuff that looks quite complicated,

My questions: is it difficult to set up the mini login?
Are there non legit servers that would just save me abunch of aggrivation?

im just looking to play through the game with advantages 1-70 geared with the best stuff for my level and all my skills maxed and all the current spells.
just to keep me occupied for a few weeks

CrabClaw
12-24-2006, 06:19 AM
In my opinion, set yourself up a EQEmulator login account and try out Zebuxoruk or one of the populated servers and see how you like it. That is the easiest route, if you want to set up your own it'll take a little more work but, you get the freedom to twink the stuffing out of yourself. :) I do both myself. The EQEmu lifestyle takes a little learning to get going, but then the game becomes a fun hobby.

rezjo
12-24-2006, 05:52 PM
Hmmm alrighty, quick question though

It seems there are many versions of mysql, is there any specific one to use for th mini login deal?

Angelox
12-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Hmmm alrighty, quick question though

It seems there are many versions of mysql, is there any specific one to use for th mini login deal?
On this issue, we stand divided ... :)
But I can tell you, if you are just starting out, get Cavedude's installer at http://www.sesmar.net. It uses MySql 4.0, which if you can't find, it's posted at my site. It will save you many a headache. I hope you like to read instuctions!

hobbes
01-01-2007, 07:03 AM
mysql 4.0. i looked on your website angleox, but could not find it. i have scoured all over the net with my only luck being 4.1. i've been banging my head trying to get a copy of 4.0 since, from what i've been reading, is what eqemu is built on. biggest pain, download the mysql, follow the instructions, go to fire it up, and i come up with the same thing every time, cmd box comes up, then goes away. this applied not only to windows 98 but also 2k. i have followed numerous guides on the internet, both windows and linux. linux being more difficult. all the windows guides state how easy the installation of mysql is. got high hopes only to have it fail. so my question is, am i missing something important that maybe someone can clue me in on? im sure we have many admins out there that could spare a sec to throw a dog a bone. lol, finally got an error that i thought would lead me somewhere, turns out to be error:0. when you look it up, there is no error:0 . this occured after the installation and the setup wizard, wrote the .cnf file i think, and when it got to the part where it starts the server, its like clock work, it always fails. well, any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance. :-?

Angelox
01-01-2007, 07:08 AM
Here ya go;
http://foonville.com/MySql4.rar

hobbes
01-01-2007, 09:27 PM
angelox, thank you very very very much. thats like gold in my book. i will burn it to cd. lol. that takes me one step in the right direction. i can't think of any other way to thank you. ~bows humbly~