PDA

View Full Version : EQ2Emu?

zrweber
12-28-2006, 10:19 AM
What's the chances that there will ever be a EQ2Emu?

Aerewen
12-28-2006, 10:22 AM
i thought the mattmonster just chewed someone out for this exact question like 2 days ago...

Step 1: Click "Search" in the main nav
Step 2: Type "EQ2" in the search box
Step 3: Click "Go"
Step 4: Read the responses to everyone else who already asked this question so we don't have to reply to it a million times.

Thank you that is all :p

zrweber
12-28-2006, 10:36 AM
well dont hurt me im new =[

/searched.

mattmeck
12-28-2006, 10:39 AM
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21494

Right there near the top of the proper forum, off topic =)

learn young jedi! proper forum posting FTW!

Angelox
12-28-2006, 10:52 AM
well dont hurt me im new =[

/searched.

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

http://www.nahunta.org/~angelox/soup.jpg

Zeaus
12-28-2006, 03:06 PM
What's the chances that there will ever be a EQ2Emu?

If someone starts the project and is determined enough to continue it, with support then there might be a chance.

Will it be able to use the existing eqemu source? Not without at least completely reworking it. Its completely possible that there is a chance. I mean look at the eqemu.

If anyone did get pretty far on an eq2emu then i am sure there are many people from this community that would support both eqemu as well as an eq2emu. :grin:

Knightofteirdal
01-03-2007, 02:46 PM
Whats up, Aaden here EQ2Emu Mod to the stars. Glad your interested guys but EQ2Emu isnt in development anymore because

a) Image went to jail or something
b) LE is in afghanistan until who knows when
c) our site is down so we have nowhere for people to go to discuss issues like this.

As for reworking the EQEmu code never going to happen.

Different Games Different Emu Code.

Adios long live Doodman

John Adams
01-04-2007, 06:36 AM
a) Image went to jail or something
This means he could soon have a lucrative contract with the CIA?

krusher
01-08-2007, 01:26 AM
I am working with Rogean to get the web server back online. We changed providers and since Image and LE have vanished i didnt know who to contact about the renumber. I will post when completed.

GeorgeS
01-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Actually Eqemu has been coded for many years now, and still atracts many well after it's peak. Many have even come back here after trying out eq2. I for one feel the emu (eq1) is by far the best I've seen and am even more excited at the new blood that we get now and then...

GeorgeS

John Adams
01-09-2007, 01:25 AM
I tend to agree, GeorgeS. While people poo poo and mock the archaic graphics in EQ1, it's like the grandfather of all things addictive. New players that have never seen Everquest before come here, try the emulator, and I'm sure some even go to the live game afterwards to see what it's like to play with actual human companions. :)

No matter how many times I've quit in 7 years, no matter what other games I play that make me go "holy wow... pretty", I always come back to EQLive. Glutton for punishment, I guess.

Arkaiden
01-10-2007, 12:18 AM
As everybody knows, the first alpha of EQ2Emu has been released. Anyone here who has the source of it and can share it?

John Adams
01-10-2007, 01:37 AM
I wouldn't mind checking it out too (Emulator collector, here). I'll poke around and see what I can find, but this forum is definitely not a resource for EQ2Emu. Google would be more helpful.

GeorgeS
01-15-2007, 03:29 PM
As everybody knows, the first alpha of EQ2Emu has been released. Anyone here who has the source of it and can share it?

yes some time ago, but I too lost the binaries - since I wanted to focus on EQ1 tools. Eqemu2 would have taken years to develop to where EQ1 is today.

GeorgeS

Knightofteirdal
01-22-2007, 02:17 PM
yes some time ago, but I too lost the binaries - since I wanted to focus on EQ1 tools. Eqemu2 would have taken years to develop to where EQ1 is today.

This is not true, EQ2Emu was very far along in development considering the time that it was up. Other than this please i urge a moderator to end this topic for the time being.

link2009
01-22-2007, 03:43 PM
Wow guys, I'm glad you're discussing this in the general section...I did it last time and it got closed :P.

Now, back on topic. I currently reside in Canada and I have a server that is pretty much not used for anything. If the mods / devs from the previous EQ2 Mod want to get in contact with me, please do. I want to revive project. I have the EQ2-Alpha Emu Source Code and I can re-host the website on my server + host files, FTP etc... Connection speed is currently 1Mbit up, but with enough support *Cough $200/month* I can get a T1 (20Mbit Up/Down) which is pretty freaking amazing.

bufferofnewbies
01-22-2007, 03:54 PM
Wow guys, I'm glad you're discussing this in the general section...I did it last time and it got closed :P.

Ahh, thanks for reminding me.
MOVED to EQ2 discussion! :p