PDA

View Full Version : Quest Help

Murl~
06-05-2002, 11:14 AM
I have typed both

NPC_SCRIPT npc_id { 4058
TRIGGER_TEXT:Hail, Queen_Velazul_Di`zok:{ I see you've found me! That bastard husband of mine must of disclosed my location. He must be stopped! Kill him and bring me his head for a most wonderful reward! He can found in Lake of Ill Omen on a cement island! I await your return with this traitors head!

}
}

and

NPC_SCRIPT 4058 {
TRIGGER_TEXT:Hail, Queen Velazul Di`zok:{ I see you've found me! That bastard husband of mine must of disclosed my location. He must be stopped! Kill him and bring me his head for a most wonderful reward! He can found in Lake of Ill Omen on a cement island! I await your return with this traitors head!

}
}

into Quest helper version 0.9.... neither work. am i not setting a directory right? do i need to add the quests to DB some how? im stupid =/

Shawn319
06-05-2002, 11:23 AM
this would probable be better off as a reply to the actual Quest Helper thread.

*moved from EQemu ro third party*

Baltar
06-05-2002, 11:53 AM
You shouldn't have to add it to the db. Make sure the file is
the <npcid>.qst format.

eq:

1.qst

would be the quest for npcid 1.

The directory should be the quest directory under your eqemu
directory. There still isn't an official readme for the latest scripting so don't be embarassed yet. :)

Lurker_005
06-05-2002, 12:59 PM
The second one should be right, for testing perhaps shorten the trigger to just Hail perhaps shorten the response also just to be sure. then save it in [eqemu dir]\quests\4058.qst

stormgod
06-05-2002, 01:23 PM
he did all right except one thing

you need to precise which action your npc will do
right now its only a trigger with nothing

(nice text you tipped but useless if not combined with an action)

just check one of the checkbox and select the action result you want (lest say you want : SAY )

and put your text after the say action exemple :

NPC_SCRIPT 4058 {
TRIGGER_TEXT:Hail, Queen_Velazul_Di`zok:{

SAY: I see you've found me! That bastard husband of mine must of disclosed my location. He must be stopped! Kill him and bring me his head for a most wonderful reward! He can found in Lake of Ill Omen on a cement island! I await your return with this traitors head!

}
}

this actually should work A LOT better