PDA

View Full Version : Server GUI

d00d
01-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Im wondering why not just make the server a gui which still shows the normal debug info in the middle and have menus at the top to check characters logged in, guilds, char gear, and all of the other info they place on a internal web server with it by going to http://localhost:9000. I think it would be really nice if someone decided to do it. Any reason for that or will it happen in the future?

mattmeck
01-24-2007, 01:02 AM
I guess it can be done but i dont see it happening.

The point of the server is to run with as little overhead as can be managed, this frees resorces to actualy allow players to play. Adding what your talking about would use up resorces and allow less peopl to play.

Ad the fact that any DB and most code changes would require updates too this, and its time taken away from making EQEmu better.

Now as a side project anyone can do whatever they want, I am sure people may use it /shrug.

John Adams
01-24-2007, 03:24 AM
What's wrong with the Emulator Management page that comes with the EMu?

rojadruid
01-24-2007, 09:53 AM
What's wrong with the Emulator Management page that comes with the EMu?

The Emulator Management page that comes with the Emulator, just needs someone to complete the rest of it really, its a great little tool, wish I knew how to code in php.

John Adams
01-25-2007, 02:02 AM
I've actually been making considerable changes to my "Templates" php files. It's the one thing I know how to do. If I get things stable and standardized, I'll submit my changes to EQEmu for packaging.