PDA

View Full Version : Database question

nemious
02-12-2007, 11:48 AM
I was woundering what database is the most current or is the wiki still right if not can someone point me in the right direction.

mattmeck
02-12-2007, 12:35 PM
depends on what you mean by most complete....

Most like live?

More spawns?

nemious
02-12-2007, 01:13 PM
depends on what you mean by most complete....

Most like live?

More spawns?

think I am going to go with most like live

mattmeck
02-12-2007, 02:18 PM
go with PEQ, there up to POP

WildcardX
02-12-2007, 06:48 PM
... Luclin... Most of LoY....

mattmeck
02-12-2007, 07:11 PM
should have said up to but not including =)

Angelox
02-12-2007, 11:45 PM
Release: Final
This is as good as its gunna get.
EQEmulator Version: 0.7.0
Database: Download
Quests: Download

Until this changes to a new release, ax_peq database will be the most complete database, simply because it includes PEQ , Cavedudes's EQ, and what I added to it. Or at least, that's the way I see it.
The stuff you are talking about is not for the public yet , right?

cavedude
02-13-2007, 03:12 AM
Aye, our release is coming, but in the meantime Angelox's is the most current db.

nemious
02-13-2007, 09:09 AM
thanks guys

smartmonkey777
03-02-2007, 09:55 PM
personally i ABSOLUTLY cant wait till alpha release POP/loy database.

cavedude angelox mattmeck and all of the Devs.

you have done a terrific job with the emu i love having eq emu.

BTW, cavedude are you going to keep going after PoP , loy is done ?

cavedude
03-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Our goal is to keep going until we populate all the zones currently supported by our client.

wolvenbane
03-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Our goal is to keep going until we populate all the zones currently supported by our client.

I probably don't need to say it but... YAY!! :)

#cynicmode: on

Of course this is all assuming we get to stick with Titanium for a while. I can remember following the EQEmu work in the early days and being constantly disappointed that I couldn't join in the fun because I had the wrong patch. Stuff like:

DevPost1 Jan/2004: DON'T patch to live until we tell you to!
DevPost2 April/2004: STILL don't patch to live!
DevPost3 July/2004: Okay if you patched back in February like we told you to...

Of course that's waaaaay back in the day when there were several sites that dreamed of putting together what I've found here.

#cynicmode: off

Side note: PoP and LoY are currently being worked on. Those maps were released with the current DB (that is, the maps on the server) and technically anyone could #zone into an unpopulated area. Heck I've played on some creative servers that populated the zones themselves (Zeb -- miss ya! AngelOx -- you rule!) with custom content / Live emulation.
What about some of the Omens of War and later maps? Is this something to be released by the EMU team with server updates? (I swear this isn't a complaint. I just really want to know.)