PDA

View Full Version : Dumping a particular char.

bot403
06-06-2002, 09:38 AM
Maybe a feature can be added that lets the server dump an account or certain char to a playername.sql file. This would make transfering chars easy, or backing up certain ones. It would automatically take care of what accounts own which chars and things like that. Maybe one for exporting a char, and one for exporting a whole account. Then when you hav the sql file you can just source it and the account will be imported.

Oh yea, and when is there going to be a logging feature for the world server such a ./world.log so it can be analyzed if something happens. Make sure it works for linux :p No sane person would use windows to host a serious server anyways;)

stormgod
06-06-2002, 11:16 AM
just use mysql front for that , all the info is already in even the account number , only problem is that you will have to adjust the account number after the transfer so its the right account who gets the char

Lurker_005
06-06-2002, 12:09 PM
Yea, just use Mysql to save the data. It isn't too hard to do once you start to learn mysql commands. And learning mysql can help you a LOT if your running a server.

bot403
06-06-2002, 02:42 PM
i know mysql, but i thought it would just be easy to type
./world dumpacct bot403
and have a bot403.sql file with ALL my chars and my acct info rather than this
(startup ssh and login to Linux box downstairs)
bash#mysql -u USERNAME -pPASSWORD DB
mysql>use eq;
mysql>select * from account where name='bot403';
(grab pen and paper and write down acct #)
mysql>select * from characters where acct_id=(number i wrote)

etc. etc.....

It was just an idea that crossed my mind and i thought it might help DB newbies or us lazy ppl ;)

and then dont make me type out what i would have to do to put the new char in the DB.
./world importchar bot403.sql

Its somethign to think about, maybe a feature to put on the side until eq is perfect and only needs silly features like this to bloat the codebase.

stormgod
06-07-2002, 01:14 AM
use mysql front its a nice program that will permit you to dump a particular field or table to a sql or txt file ask lurker for the adress or look in the forum it is somewhere in

Lurker_005
06-07-2002, 07:43 AM
stormgod, did you get mysql-front to dump non-ascii blobs corectly? That is the only thing I dislike about mysql-front :(

bot403, since your running mysql on linux, I hear myPHPadmin (or is it myadminPHP) is somewhat like mysql-front, and you would just use your web browser to access it.

stormgod
06-07-2002, 08:00 AM
PhPmyAdmin version 2.24 or 2.26 forgot exact number of the latest version

lurker : I know I can dump items just fine , I didnt tried for character so ..
but maybe the bug for non ascii as been corrected in a version if not maybe email them so they know about this issue hehe
anyway I will go to their site today or this week end and see if there is any issue about blobs

Lurker_005
06-07-2002, 11:38 AM
Any time I export items it only outputs the item name for the raw_data field :( If you can figure out why your getting the full blob and I am not, I would be gratefull!