02-23-2007, 03:26 AM
Just updated the npc editor
http://66.159.225.58/eqemu/eq.html

Added a few improvements such as -

NPC and Loot Editor
-Fixed and enhanced program functionality
-Ability to search by both name and lastname at the same time
-Added a simple and quick NPC creation tool
-Added user input for npcid for npc copying and npc creation. - This is for those who use npc id's based on formulas. You can now enter your id (as long as it's unused)
-Compatible to emu ver EQEmu-0.7.0-985

Amra
02-23-2007, 03:58 AM
Thanks George!

ksmith08
07-27-2007, 01:18 AM
George,

I downloaded your 'My Database Editing Tool Suite' And could not get it to run.

The error I was getting was something like 'directory or path not found.' I don't remember the exact error. I did change the *.ini file to match my system set-up.

I seen where you said to run the resource/register.ocx.bat Is that something that should have been in the zip package? Or did I miss another download somewhere.

Thanks.

GeorgeS
07-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Make the winzip has directory option enabled to it preserves the directory structure.

GeorgeS

ksmith08
07-27-2007, 01:48 PM
That part seemed okay. I extracted to a folder called "C:\eqtools" (I created that.) In that directory were 4 executables, a db.ini file, readme file, and a folder called 'help'

The help folder had 10 html files and a graphics folder (which of course was filled with jpeg files.)

The exact error was 'runtime 76 path not found.' The version of winzip I'm using had an option to extract files and folders, and I made sure that was selected.

Thanks.

GeorgeS
07-27-2007, 03:42 PM
My bad :)
I've uploaded a new updated .zip - try it now and thanks for reporting the issue

GeorgeS

ksmith08
07-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Made a big difference. I'm downloading the MYODBC drivers now, but I'm able to at least run the executables now.

Thanks.

GeorgeS
08-12-2007, 04:57 AM
Also, updated the source for my tools - this inlcudes everything except vb6 to run them.

GeorgeS

TheLieka
08-28-2007, 05:05 PM
I just want to throw out some kudos to you man. I set up my server a few weeks ago, and (like many silent others, I'm sure) these things have been a lifesaver for me.

Thanks for all you do for the community; we really do appreciate it (even if we are quiet at times).

Dax

GeorgeS
01-25-2008, 04:16 PM
I have updated many of the tools already. I'm in blitz mode and programing like crazy today. Must be the wine...

about the Quest Editor
Anyway, I did forget - someone asked how to rename a quest they added as a template. You simply hit the spacebar and type in the new name.
The new version has this shown below the button.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
01-25-2008, 04:28 PM
oh George, do you plan on revisiting your Tradeskill Editor?
I belive its long due for an update =)

overall it is tremendosly slow (well perhaps thsi due to sheer number of recepies...) also the clicking back and forth bitween 2 views (recepie list and detaisl) kind of bad (IMHO).
Perhaps the entire thing coudl be placed on a single window screen: list of recepies on the left and recepie editing details on the right.

can't think of anything else right now (must admit I don't use it very often since I haven't realy gotten to TS part on my custom world project)

GeorgeS
01-25-2008, 06:34 PM
I'll look into this and see what can be improved. I realized it's slow as hell when loading again and again. This can be fixed.

Removing the tabs so it works on one page may be a great idea...

I'll let you know how it goes.

GeorgeS

trevius
01-29-2008, 04:16 PM
GeorgeS,

As I have said before, all of your tools are amazing. The NPC loot editor is awesome for multiple purposes.

There is something that has me puzzled about editing certain NPCs. The NPCs I am wondering about are NPCs that are spawned through a quest event. Since the NPC isn't actually listed for any particular zone (as far as I know), they don't appear to show up in the list.

One example is the Tower of Frozen Shadows. There are quests set in place for the key droppers and certain named to spawn that aren't in the NPC database for that zone. I am not exactly sure where they are unless they are just out there not assigned to any zone. This is much more apparent in potimeb. In potimeb, there is only 1 spawn in the database table, and it is a trigger spawn. Because Potimeb is a series of events, there are no real static spawns, they are all triggered. I am wondering if there is a way to list all triggered spawns for a zone, or even all spawns that aren't set to any specific zone that might be used for events such as these.

Maybe there is a way to set the mobs that aren't in the spawn table in any zone to be changed so they are actual normal spawns in the zone they are supposed to be for. Even if that change is a manual one.

As is, I am planning to completely respawn all of potimeb myself and set it up so it doesn't use triggers at all. It will be a fair amount of work to get it halfway decent, but if there was an option to move in the spawns that already exist, but aren't in that zones' database, it would really quicken things up.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have on this. If you have any questions, or need more specific examples let me know. An easy way to see this is to pull up potimeb in your npc loot editor, and then look at that zone in your quest editor as well. You will see the spawn trigger has a large series of events assigned to it. Although as far as I can tell, it is only complete up to the end of phase 1 (I don't see phase 2-5).

ChaosSlayer
01-29-2008, 06:06 PM
there are 2 easy ways to edit such npcs:
a) add them to any spawn group in the same zone with 0% chance to spawn, then they will pop up in Georges npc editor
b) edit them directly in mySQl browser

loglos
03-23-2008, 01:21 PM
George,

When running most of your tools, I could get connected to the db but I could not get past the intro page. I would get:

Run-time error '339':
Component 'a.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

The test connection tool ran fine. It was something else. It took me a while but I finally figured it out and wanted to pass this info on. I'm not sure how many it will affect.

As far as I know, the second part of this will only affect those in Vista 64 Bit but the shortcut trick may work for those on Vista 32.

First, create a short cut to the file register_ocx.bat in the resource directory (from the zip you downloaded). In the shortcut to this bat file, edit the properties and select run as administrator. When you run the bat file, if it can't find the files, add the path to each ocx (as in the sample below).

For 64 bit:

c:\windows\syswow64 is actually where the 32 bit tools reside. There is a regsvr32 in system32 (which is 64bit) and a regsvr32 in syswow64 (which is 32 bit). :shock:

Edit the bat file so that it looks like this (or just create a new file):

c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\a.ocx
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\DXAnimatedGIF.ocx
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\imagelist.ocx
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\TABCTL32.OCX
c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 C:\Shared\eqemu\resources\MSCOMCTL.OCX

echo all registered

I got rid of the /s at the end of the commands because that was making it run silently and I was not seeing the error codes.

Now run the shortcut. You should get a dialog after each ocx saying that the dll was successfully loaded. Now the tools will work.

If you are running vista 64 and are having problems accessing mysql via odbc, post a reply here and I will write up a fix for that.

Hope this helps someone,

loglos

ChaosSlayer
03-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Geogre, so what did you decided on Tradeskill editor? (see above)
Can you redesign it a little bit so it is all in one page (recepies list on one side, and recipy detaisl on another, auto shown when recepy in the list is clicked)

ChaosSlayer
03-28-2008, 03:00 PM
oh another thing- the editor will produce an error when there is no any recepies in the DB and you trying to make new one

GeorgeS
03-30-2008, 10:22 AM
I will look to see if I can do this without a total rewrite.
The error should be easy to fix, and I'll start on this now.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
03-30-2008, 12:55 PM
Thank you George :cool:

GeorgeS
03-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Just finished the program -
Tabs are gone and entire interface is on a single page now
Copy/Paste for ingredients added.

1.0.0 -Redid front interface so no more tabs, and added copy/paste ingredients function too.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
03-30-2008, 06:16 PM
thanks George =)
looks nice, but still gives me an error when clickign "new recepie":

Run Time error 94 - invalid use of null

note this is when Db has no any recepies entries at all

GeorgeS
03-31-2008, 10:16 PM
Just fixed the error. I checked with an empty table and appeared to work fine. Remember to make many similar recipes use copy/paste recipe and modify as needed.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
03-31-2008, 11:45 PM
thanks works now =)

few more notes: in the collumn Replace Container - if i try to put in 1, it automaticly changes it to 0, no matter what i do. (btw this error goes all way back almost a year, I just kept forgeting to tell you)

interface notes - the redish/orange text colors kind of bad IMHO... some lighter colors perhaps? The Grey color (like the one used here on boards when it says Reply to Thread) would be good. Also perhaps light blue/green as second color?

Copy and Paste buttons- could you make them look as actual buttons please =) ? They way they look right now (text boxes) I get a temptation to click them more than once, cuase I am nto always sure if they have actualy "clicked"

thank you =)

GeorgeS
04-01-2008, 01:28 AM
Ok fixed those issues. Colors changes are difficult because the grid only allows certain color combos, and many do not work.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
04-01-2008, 02:02 AM
ah George ...sorry to bother you again...
But why does evyryhing in npc editor suddenly turned RED? :cool:

If its posible, can we go back to gold/yellow text color?
If grid supports it (as it did before in npc editor) , then IMHo gold on black is BEST readable combo for both editors (TS and npc/loot) :cool:

thanks

fault
04-01-2008, 03:46 AM
George a few things.

Quest editor, Refuses to connect to mysql. Even though the connection info is correct. Even tried the root information and still no go.

Error message:

MySQL connection FAILED. Check db.in, did you install MY ODBC drivers?

Second thing is I can;t get the npc/loot editor to run.

Error Message:

Runtime error '91':
Object Variable, or with block variable not set.

GeorgeS
04-01-2008, 09:50 AM
look at resources/register_ocx.bat and register the ocx files.

do you get the npc/loot editor splash screen at all?
if not then you may not have extracted the zip into proper folder structure (select preserve directories) or a variables table, or a combination of the above. (I presume based on my code, the error would come from missing folders).

There should be help, resources folder in the folder list

Regardig the colors, I will consider it after playing with the program.

GeorgeS

fault
04-04-2008, 01:31 AM
look at resources/register_ocx.bat and register the ocx files.

do you get the npc/loot editor splash screen at all?
if not then you may not have extracted the zip into proper folder structure (select preserve directories) or a variables table, or a combination of the above. (I presume based on my code, the error would come from missing folders).

There should be help, resources folder in the folder list

Regardig the colors, I will consider it after playing with the program.

GeorgeS

it has the same structure the zip had. and yes I ran the file to reg the dependancies after I read the readme, all checked out fine.

xxarthurxx
05-15-2008, 11:38 PM
hate to jump in but i have the same exact error... im extracting the tools using winrar ill try winzip right now

xxarthurxx
05-16-2008, 12:12 AM
so my problem def seems to be a connection to the server issue the connection to the server tool doesnt work... im using the correct login and password and my DB is peq... i cant figure out why it isnt working :/

xxarthurxx
05-16-2008, 12:23 AM
im running EQEmu 0.7.0-1108 and mysql 5.0 could this be the problem? :/

xxarthurxx
05-16-2008, 03:20 AM
im dumb... so ya i just had to dl all the dll files i didnt realise there were more dlls farther down on your site im dumb k thx sorry :D

Aramid
05-16-2008, 04:48 AM
What Operating System are the 2 of you using?

If you have XP and go into Control Panel, Administrative tools, ODBC you can tell if it's a database connection or not by testing it via the ODBC driver directly.
I believe GerogeS's tools only work with the 3.51 ODBC drivers and not the 5.X drivers. If you are running Vista :shock: , well........

xxarthurxx
05-16-2008, 03:04 PM
i use xp and mysql 5.x... everything works now that i dled the dll files from geoges site.

GeorgeS
05-21-2008, 10:52 PM
The tools do work with vista, as I have a vista 32bit machine. ODBC 5.x drivers do not work however, the 3.51's work fine.

I'm working with making every tool work wth vista and mysql 5.x as so far it's good.

More tools coming soon..

GeorgeS

xxarthurxx
05-22-2008, 12:36 AM
love the tools G, thanks again for all your hard work, makes creating custom content easy and fun!

GeorgeS
05-25-2008, 02:13 AM
NPC editor has some big changes added. Now you can make npc's and view the graphic at the same time. Also the picture of the npc is shown, and there are more functions under the tools menu.

Many updates and changes.

GeorgeS

warsonofrage
08-18-2008, 07:16 AM
not sure why but the spawn editor doesnt work....gives me a runtime error 53

tradeskill editor works but when you load recipes....rather hit the load all button it will load them make the ping noise you get from a program thats done what its sposed to then ctd. have done the ocx registration on both programs or least i think i did... im confoozled any help please.

GeorgeS
08-18-2008, 10:06 AM
Since this happens during/before the splash screen then -

runtime error 53 is a file not found error. This likely comes from a unzip problem. When you extract make sure you preserve directory structure when unzipping and that there's a folder called 'help' and 'resources' within your folder.

GeorgeS

warsonofrage
08-19-2008, 12:14 AM
got both those folders....its weird structure seems the same but im gonna dl the winzip program see if it does something different

warsonofrage
08-19-2008, 12:55 AM
stupid no edit button.......ok here is the folders i have in the initial unzip

help
resources

files not in folder

db
everquest (icon)
grid_editor
npc_loot_editor
readme
spawn_editor
tradeskill_recipes

from what ive read this is correct.

now in the folders i have the following.
help folder is 3.23 megs and shows 10 html files and one internal folder named graphics.

other folder in top of this directory is resources. folder shows 18.4 megs in size with 70 items and one folder named images inside.

ive registered the ocx files and i can use the npc_loot_editor but thr tradeskill thing still crashes after loading all recipes. dont know if this is known bug....and spawn editor still gives me a runtime 53 error.....if im missing something then i apologize for bugging ya but everything seems as if its been done right

something i hadnt noticed before since i never used it....the grid editor also is showing a runtime error 53.....to be clear i also downloaded this file to a diff hard drive then before...tonight from website. and used winzip to make this work. registered the ocx and set up the db config the same as before.

host=localhost
user=*********
password=**********
database=peq
everquest_folder=e:\Everquest
quest_folder=e:\EQEmu\quests

//everquest_folder this is for music during runtime. Leaving this to a dummy folder or Not adding this will not load music
//for example - everquest_folder=null

now...hope this helps somehow. any suggestions at all would make me a very happy dev

many thanks in advance for your time and effort in this project i love these tools and they have honestly made my work a thousand times easier

MNWatchdog
08-19-2008, 01:41 AM
George, could you please unify all your tools into a single download, install and configuration file so that everything in all nice and happy in 1 directory out of the box.

All these multiple bat files that need to be run, multiple .INI files to updates, etc, are just plain tedious to deal with.

Thanks.

trevius
08-19-2008, 03:33 AM
warsonofrage,

It sounds like you probably didn't download the myODBC drivers from GeorgeS' website. Make sure you download and install those. That sounds like the only thing you haven't mentioned yet.

warsonofrage
08-19-2008, 06:06 AM
redownloaded and tried to install but can confirm the drivers are already installed.

GeorgeS
08-19-2008, 10:23 AM
I think it was a bad zip file. I remade the file and now it should work.
Sorry for the confusion.

GeorgeS

warsonofrage
08-19-2008, 01:37 PM
no worries man i cant wait to dl it
doing so now :) thanks again btw this stuff is awesome

Babul
09-12-2008, 04:52 AM
Hello, I wanted to try your tools but all the download links on the web page do not work.

GeorgeS
09-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Try then now. Changed some left over link to the correct ones

GeorgeS

Babul
09-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks GeorgeS, I have downloaded the tools now and isntalled.

Unfortunatly they dont seem to work with my configuration, I have edited the db.ini with the correct information which allow me to run both the server and another tool I downloaded (EQemu database editor) but for some reason i am gettin errors, some open with check your db.ini or myodbc drivers but they are intalled version 5.1.

The connect tool also fail but the same info work with mysql admin to connect and with the server iteself, so it seems there is a problem with my setup and the version of your tool?

And on some i get an error 91 run time error object variable or with block variable not set.

I am using win xp sp3
mysql server 5.0.67 with PEQ database and the last version of the Emu server.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Babul
09-12-2008, 06:19 PM
And on some (spawn editor and grid editor) i get an error 91 run time error object variable or with block variable not set , while the npc lot edit open and then also give the same db error and another error if i click past this: missing isbot field please add the SQL to create the bot first. and on the graphical window it say Running DBversion: unknown.

GeorgeS
09-12-2008, 08:41 PM
If the cursory check connection program does not work, then it's the ODBC drivers no doubt. Use the ones from my site and only those will work

Next, make sure you're using ip=127.0.0.1 on local machine.

GeorgeS

Skizoke
10-02-2008, 02:30 PM
This program works for me, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to use it. If anyone feels like writing a simple guide or instructions on how to create an npc from an existing one or from scratch I would greatly appreciate it.

If it can be done using this tool only great, but if i have to use some query's as well, that is fine too.

Skizoke
10-03-2008, 12:51 AM
Let me say I know how to add an npc using the database by adding records to npc_types, spawn2, spawngroup, and spawnentry.

I'm confused on what to do with this program, though.

GeorgeS
10-03-2008, 10:21 AM
The core of the program is basically to add loot/modify loot, add/kill/modify NPCs. Other functions exists as add-ons - I would like to have a help made, but I'm a bit lazy at making one.

GeorgeS