PDA

View Full Version : Unable to identify stream

kullek
03-09-2007, 07:14 AM
I use the public login and not minilogin. My new server has been running great for the past few days. Now everyone else, and myself, are producing this error when choosing the server at server select:

7818 [03.09. - 10:55:20] [WORLD__CLIENT] New connection from 70.xx.xx.xxx:1388
7824 [03.09. - 10:55:21] [NET__ERROR] 70.xx.xx.xxx:1388: Received OP_SessionRequest in ESTABLISHED state (0)
7818 [03.09. - 10:55:21] [NET__IDENTIFY] Unable to identify stream from 70.xx.xx.xxx:1388 before it closed.

Yesterday when this happened, I rebooted the machine and people were able to log in for about an hour, then the above error started occurring again.

This is a linux server (0.7.0 - 989) and it is directly connected to the internet. There shouldn't be any firewall issues. Again, it was working perfect for a few days until this started happening.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Cripp
03-12-2007, 06:26 PM
make sure ports are correctly forwarded..
make sure you have your hosts files(windows) correctly edited on server and playing machine.. as for linux.. make sure the server machine has its own hostname like with no-ip.com.. and on playing machine make sure the server machine ip is linked with the no-ip.com address for the playing machine..
and make sure youe eqem_config.xml is correct...

gimmie a little ill edit post with some snips of what to change.. (if i dont forget) :-D

sheesh i hope some of this makes sense... kinda pulled it all out of my ass but maybe it will help hah ; )

PS: this post is also info for culex i saw on IRC.. hope he sees this maybe? /shrug

Culex
03-12-2007, 11:49 PM
Thank you for the help.

I have since made the proper configuration to my dns server and tested it out locally. I can now ping hostname.myserver.com and get the local address from both the EQemu-server and my client machine. I'm uncertain though, as to how this will help external clients log in?

Culex

jeardoebj
04-03-2007, 02:27 PM
I've been running a windows server for a few weeks now and everything was working perfectly up until a few days ago when I started having this exact problem. I'm certain it's not a server or network configuration issue, as I have my firewall and port forwarding configured correctly.