PDA

View Full Version : Tool - New Quest Editor

GeorgeS
03-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Ok folks, finished the program. You can download it from my website
http://www.wizardportal.shorturl.com/eqemu/eq.html

It has many quest templates (which I verified to work BTW) and a host of editing functions. Hope it eases your editing tasks...

GeorgeS

Ok

REVILOR666
03-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Thanks George

Amra
03-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Thank you, George. Nice job!

Zard
04-10-2007, 02:48 AM
Excellent tool, Thanks George!

A request if I may as I do not know how difficult it would be.

Ability to rename saved templates. All I can figure out so far is to save the template to an empty slot. But I have not figured out how to rename the template to help me remember which is which. If this option is already there and I have missed it I apologize.

I ended up adding a template that offers an item in exchange for other items specific to class ( weapon and armor turn in quests for returning an NPC's requested item, will offer different rewards depending on your class)

Zard
04-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Tried to edit the previous post, but no edit button was available...
I just noticed today an icon at the far right top that lets you search the item database! Very handy.
I only discovered it by accident as it seems the right side of the program cutts off and is not fully displaying the program. I am using a winxp machine if that is why. Perhaps there is a part of the program that does what I ask above but is not showing up for me due to this issue. Perhaps others have experienced this and know a fix to get the full program window to display properly.
Thanks in advance.

GeorgeS
04-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Hi - In order to rename an existing template, click on it then hit the spacebar. Type in the new name and click on Save. That's it.

Regarding 'hidden' things, the problem is I'm running WUXGA on my laptop which runs at 1920x1200 natively, so when I make the compiles, I try to fit the program within a typical user's workspace view. I shoot for 1024x768. Only thing for me there is that typical resolution takes up just over 1/4 of my screen area. There are no other icons to the right of the search items one.

GeorgeS

Angelox
04-22-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm a little slow, but I get there :) I just started using this one as I was looking for a decent editor in windows - very nice!
But I have the same problem as usual;
My screen resolution is 1024x768 you must have it set way up there, far past what my "classic" computers can handle (not to mention I can't hardly see tiny text like i used to).
I was hoping you could make it in a window to fit my old clunker.
Thanks for the great tools! I still use many of them.

Only three reasons why I keep a windows PC;
1- GeorgeS tools
2- EverQuest Client
3- still some old games I can't get to run under Linux

GeorgeS
04-23-2008, 06:17 AM
Thanks for making it stickyfied :)

I'll look into the resolution issue. I've got many tools running on my laptop (17 inspiron dell) running 1920x1200

Glad you like the tool. There are going to be some quest/script additions when I get the time to make more.

GeorgeS

trevius
04-23-2008, 08:00 AM
I've always wondered why all of GeorgeS' tools aren't stickied lol. He has enough almost to deserve his own section :D

Angelox
04-23-2008, 09:11 AM
I've always wondered why all of GeorgeS' tools aren't stickied lol. He has enough almost to deserve his own section :D

Might not be a bad idea - GeorgeS has always stuck around to support his stuff too

cavedude
04-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Could we put the links/descriptions for all of Georges' tools in one sticky like Wind does with his stuff, and remove the stickies on the individual tools for specific discussion? Would help clean up this forum a bit, make his great tools easy to find for everybody, and still keep the discussions going.

trevius
04-23-2008, 01:43 PM
A sticky of a post that describes each of his tools and then just has a link to his website at the bottom for where to get them should work great for new players that don't know about them and don't know to look in his sig for his website.

mattmeck
04-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Could we put the links/descriptions for all of Georges' tools in one sticky like Wind does with his stuff, and remove the stickies on the individual tools for specific discussion? Would help clean up this forum a bit, make his great tools easy to find for everybody, and still keep the discussions going.

Better yet his own section of the forum! With him as a moderator over it!

moydock
04-23-2008, 11:14 PM
nicely done, grats George!

trevius
08-07-2008, 05:15 AM
Found a fairly nasty bug with the Quest Editor Tool, though it should be really easy to fix.

The Quest Editor Tool is automatically changing this:

$npc->CastSpell(6536, $userid);

to this:

$npc->castSpell(6536, $userid);

And, since this command is case sensitive, it causes the script to fail when the c is lower case.

I will keep an eye out for any more similar issues.

GeorgeS
08-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Thanks- got it and updated program

GeorgeS

Telltolin
08-08-2008, 09:09 AM
I just downloaded this program, and I see that I'm not the only one with resolution problems. If you plan to release things like this, be sure it works for everyone, you know. I'm running 1024x768.

GeorgeS
08-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Simply put - I do not make these unintentionally compat for every PC. These are free tools I make on my own time and making it
work for every config is not possible.
thirdly, The resolution issue has been addressed before. I will retry to compress it into 1024x768

GeorgeS

trevius
08-27-2008, 04:45 AM
Hey GeorgeS, I found another fairly major issue with the quest tool. It seems that the auto capitalization for certain per commands is causing scripts not to work after they are saved. I know for sure that the "F" in "For" being capitalized will break any script that tries to use it. It has to be all lowercase like "for". I imagine that "While" should probably be "while" as well.

There may be some others, but I have confirmed that at least "For" needs to be fixed for sure. Looking at a perl Tutorial, it seems to show all perl commands in all lower case, so "while" should probably be lower as well.

GeorgeS
08-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the bugs.

I fixed the caps for those words, but it appears due to the nature of the person who wrote the code-sense control, every word needs to be defined if you want it to be Lcase. I added those you mentioned, and a few others.

I think it will need a list to import or we'll go word by word until most are in.

Anyway, the newest DL should fix that

--also it should barely fit into a 1024x768 window by a hair --by request

GeorgeS

trevius
08-28-2008, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the quick fix!

LOL, I wasn't expecting the window position adjustments and it freaked me out a little when I first opened it. I like that the edit section is wider now, but I think having it taller was better than wider. Maybe I just need to get used to it. I think it is just nice to see more of the quest lines at once.

After seeing how the edge and button gets cut off now with the size adjustment of the window, I am gonna have to make a new background and definitely make a button set for it :) I think if the buttons were just a bit smaller, they could all fit in there without getting cut off.

I really like the size of the NPC Loot Editor window, but maybe I am biased cause I have a wide screen monitor and it just looks like a good window size for wide screen. But, IMO, if one tool is going to be limited to a certain size, they all should be (though, I don't think they should be limited). I think the quest editor is something you don't have to edit very often, so if possible, it might be nice if you just made 2 versions available for download. One for 1024X768 and one the size that it used to be, which I am guessing was the same as the NPC Loot Editor. Not that I want to make extra work for you, but a few people wanting small windows because their screen is 10 years old (no offense) shouldn't really be enough to make you cater the tool(s) to them. The smaller size is still functional, but IMO it is very cramped. Maybe it just takes time to get used to though :P

Frothel
09-01-2008, 12:12 PM
I have had great success with all of your tools thus far! They enable the newb programmers, like me, to focus on creativity. I just downloaded your quest folder and extracted the files, but when I try to launch it, it gives me the following error:

You need to specify the path to your Eqemu Emulator Quest files

How do I fix that so that it points to my files on my computer?

trevius
09-01-2008, 04:36 PM
In your db.ini file, you need to set the path to your quests folder. Most likely it is C:\eqemu\quests or something like that.

Skizoke
09-30-2008, 12:50 AM
I have had great success with all of your tools thus far! They enable the newb programmers, like me, to focus on creativity. I just downloaded your quest folder and extracted the files, but when I try to launch it, it gives me the following error:

You need to specify the path to your Eqemu Emulator Quest files

How do I fix that so that it points to my files on my computer?

I am having the problem and I am positive I am pointing to the right path.

It is copied directly from the address bar of my computer when I am sitting in the directory.

everquest_folder=C:\EQEmu\quests

Edit: If it matters I am not an advanced user, I didn't install everything seperate from scratch. I got the installer that got the server up and running for me. Server seems to be running with no problems. I can use the mysql to do a number of things, but no luck with quests.

I did have a problem when registering dll's. All of them registered except for:

regsvr32 imagelist.ocx /s

I am using vista 64bit if that matters. I haven't had any luck finding that missing DLL on the web. Plenty of people talking about the DLL but I didn't see a place to download it.

Thanks for any and all future help.

Skizoke
09-30-2008, 10:34 AM
GeorgeS has told me what to do to fix it. I'll take care of it when I get home from work.

Thanks all.

GeorgeS
09-30-2008, 10:35 AM
I'll look into imagelist.ocx. and it might need to be added to the resources file.

Also, the db.ini error you pm'ed me about comes from a syntax error/typo
host=localhost
user=eq
password=eq
database=peq
everquest_folder=c:\Everquest
quest_folder=c:\EQEmu\quests

the above is correct. The error comes up when quest_folder="" or there's a line/frame shift - missing CR somewhere?
Copy that shown above and paste into the db.ini, but modify your account data. Like I said the error comes from inccorectly parsing the db.ini file for some reason. You're welcome to pm me with you db.ini file for me to examine.

GeorgeS

Skizoke
09-30-2008, 11:50 AM
I sent you another pm, thanks.

GeorgeS
09-30-2008, 10:17 PM
Yeah that error is weird. I cannot explain this at all. The only thing is the file is missing - then the program should report a db.ini missing error. I've no idea.
However, I redid the db.ini parser to help and it should spit out the line in the db.ini it's having problems with.

Quest Editor
ver 1.1.9 Program will report syntax error if db.ini has problems and db.ini parser redone

GeorgeS

Richardo
11-19-2008, 08:58 PM
George,

I get an error when loading the executable.

"Component 'DXAnimatedGIF.ocx' or one of its dependencies is not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

GeorgeS
11-19-2008, 10:47 PM
That ocx should be registered via 'register_ocx.bat' in the resources folder.

If running vista, right click on the file and run as admin.

GeorgeS

trevius
01-11-2009, 06:39 AM
GeorgeS, I see that the quest editor automatically changes the case of some of the quest objects still. Can you disable all of the case changing for the tool? The example I am currently having problems with is it changing SetTarget to settarget. Since all of the quest objects are case sensitive, it is important that these don't get changed automatically. If there are any other automatic case changes, you probably want to remove all of those as well.

Richardo
01-29-2009, 10:55 AM
That ocx should be registered via 'register_ocx.bat' in the resources folder.

If running vista, right click on the file and run as admin.

GeorgeS

Running XP, not vista.

GeorgeS
01-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Ok made some changes

Quest Editor
ver 1.2.0 Removed animated gif reference. Added keywork 'SetTarget' to its dictionary

The case issue is with a dll/ocx that I have no control over. Any specific keywords need to be added to it's dictionary. I added quite a few last time, but sometimes things slip thru.

GeorgeS

Dodie
06-17-2009, 09:27 AM
Can't get this to work with newest Rev, anyone using this still ?

thx

GeorgeS
06-17-2009, 10:18 AM
It works for me. I looked at the code, and there's nothing that should prevent it from loading up.

What version worked for you?

GeorgeS

Dodie
06-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Haven't used it since rev 200 hehe, it gives me the a.ocx error, missing file registry etc, I have used the register file... never have had any problem with this tool before.

GeorgeS
06-18-2009, 12:56 AM
All the tools use a.ocx. Not sure why it won't register because this ocx has been there since 2004.

GeorgeS

Dodie
06-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Hmm, is there anything i can search for in the regedit? so i can see if it is in its right place

Dodie
06-22-2009, 08:54 PM
IT says this when i try to run the OCX registr

On all the .OCX =This is not Internal or external command or program

Shendare
06-22-2009, 09:28 PM
You opened a command prompt, changed to the directory a.ocx is in, and typed the following? regsvr32 a.ocx

Dodie
06-23-2009, 08:19 AM
You opened a command prompt, changed to the directory a.ocx is in, and typed the following? regsvr32 a.ocx

Well, when I do that, or use the .Bat file. I get the same error. it says it isn't a command or file or program.

Shendare
06-23-2009, 01:13 PM
It sounds like it's regsvr32 that's not running properly, then.

Look in C:\Windows\System32 and see if regsvr32.exe is in there.

Dodie
06-24-2009, 07:04 AM
Yeah I Found it... seems to work

Dodie
06-25-2009, 06:02 PM
This may be OT but, anyone have a clue what is wrong when not any commands are working in the CMD prompt? like ping / ipconfig.. all says unknown command etc

gaeorn
06-25-2009, 07:02 PM
path environment variable is not set correctly.

Dodie
06-25-2009, 07:10 PM
Were do i change it

GeorgeS
06-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Here's the syntax. From command prompt, type this in, but change the location to where your a.ocx resides.

regsvr32.exe "E:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\VB6\EQ_ITEMS\resour ces\a.ocx"

GeorgeS