PDA

View Full Version : Kithicor Forest discussion

Angelox
03-31-2007, 01:12 AM
I'm working on daytime/nighttime spawns in Kithicor , I remember this zone somewhat; I remember nightimes here was a massacre if you ran through alone and were not *real* careful. I also remember camping at the commons zone and killing undead at night. which was real hard, because the nightstalkers here were extremly nasty. Usually ended up in making runs for the zone (sometimes never got there).
Anyways. I'm researching this but mostly from memory, as data from older zones are slowly fading away.
I know what I see now in the Kithicor forest (spawns), has a lot, but seems to have stuff missing. for example I remember a lot of roamers at night. Maybe someone can tell me if the daytime roamers changed to undead at night and what types?
anything else you can remember will be a great help.

g00niebird
04-04-2007, 10:13 AM
I remember Kithicor being a fun teen-level zone, where my ranger and druid toons would snare-kite spiders and other forest critters. There was also a group of orcs in the (southwest?) corner that were part of some quest. The undead showed up Halloween of 2000 IIRC, during an event marking the opening of the planes.

Ruined a perfectly good zone, IMO. I used to like Kith before. After, it was just a run-like-hell way to get to RV or HH.

I think the undead are on a separate spawn, that is only active at night. I seem to remember there still being bears and such at night.

RangerDown
04-05-2007, 11:40 AM
The stronger undead were a night-only spawn, and they were partly the reason we introduced spawn conditions in eqemu so we could account for such restrictions.

Even during the day there would be the occasional lower-level pesky skeleton.

Kayot
04-06-2007, 12:17 AM
The only thing I hated was when some stupid day creature hits you and drops your Invis to Undead spell.

samandhi
04-06-2007, 04:05 AM
Yeah I remember being a young halfling druid running on the sides so as to avoid the undead, and there were usually orcs on the HK side and bixies on the other side....

The undead showed up Halloween of 2000 IIRC, during an event marking the opening of the planes.Gawd was it that long ago? I played from when EQ first opened to JUST before Velious, then gave up cause verrant no longer ran the show and thigs were getting nerfed left and right...
[slightly off topic] I remember a ton of people getting banned for using the wall exploit in a dungeon in kunark (dont remember the name now but was lower level dungeon) that caused a major stir because it was simply a matter of standing against the wall and critters couldnt get to you.... THAT's when it really went down hill for me.... Sorry to get so far off topic

Kayot
04-06-2007, 05:46 AM
There was a pathing error in Highkeep where if you stand on the wood in the first major area in the basement the monsters had to walk around the whole room to get you, then you simply stand off it and they run the other direction. I was able to kite the whole room with that bug. -- But that is off topic too...

samandhi
04-06-2007, 02:26 PM
There was a pathing error in Highkeep where if you stand on the wood in the first major area in the basement the monsters had to walk around the whole room to get you, then you simply stand off it and they run the other direction. I was able to kite the whole room with that bug. -- But that is off topic too... I DID NOT know that... all the times I died there hehe...

samandhi
04-06-2007, 02:32 PM
anything else you can remember will be a great help.
Have you checked out this thread? http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?p=131618#post131618 I saw your thread asking on the original FNW thread about this... maybe that can help.. If I get some time in the coming week, maybe I'll try and set it up and log it or just give my observations....