PDA

View Full Version : Juegile Sohgohm

CrabClaw
06-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Well here is the Qeynos cloth-y newbie armor quest (my fav' town). Unless otherwise suggested, I am going to try to fill out as much of the Qeynos starting quests as I can for the other classes.

Enjoy and feel free to comment.

#############
#Quest Name:Juegile Sohgohm's Armor Quest Series.
# For:
# * Enchanter
# * Magician
# * Wizard
#Author: CrabClaw
#NPCs Involved: Juegile Sohgohm
#Items Involved:
#zone: qeynos
#Revised CrabClaw v1.1

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Why hello there! Its not often that I get many visitors to our sacred hall here. I am Juegile Sohgohm, Master Elementalist of the Order of Three. I have studied in these hallowed halls for all of my days. In my spare time I also pride myself as being a mentor for all of our new apprentices. If you are a young [Magician, Wizard or Enchanter] and you hail from the Order of Three house I might have some work for you.");
}elsif($text=~/I am a young magician/i){
quest::say("Excellent, you must have certainly heard of the [training exercises] all new recruits must undergo."); }
}elsif($text=~/What training exercises/i){
quest::say("The training exercises that I have prepared for my recruits are very necessary for the development of ones intellectual and hunting abilities. You will be presented with a Beginners Sewing Kit first, that will be used to combine a number of different [magical items] to create an infused armor material. Your material can then be combined in a loom with a pattern that I will present you with to create assorted pieces of Arcane Order Armor."); }
}elsif($text=~/What magical items/i){
quest::summonitem(17271);
quest::say("The items that are required for your armor materials will come from all area of Qeynos, including some of our merchants. When you are ready to collect the items for a specific armor piece please tell me what armor piece you [want] to craft. I can provide you with the material recipes and applicable patterns for Arcane Order [Cap], [Bracers], [Sleeves], [Sandals], [Trousers], [Gloves] and [Robes]."); }
}elsif($text=~/I want to craft Bracers/i){
quest::summonitem(27482);
quest::say("To create your bracer material you will need to combine 1 Woven Spider Silk, 2 Snake Eggs, 1 Large Myotis Bat Ear and a Cloth Wristband in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Bracer of the Arcane Order."); }
}elsif($text=~/I want to craft Cap/i){
quest::summonitem(27481);
quest::say("To create your cap material you will need to combine 2 Woven Spider Silks, 1 Rabid Wolf Hide, 1 Fire Beetle Leg and a Cloth Cap in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Cap of the Arcane Order."); }
}elsif($text=~/I want to craft gloves/i){
quest::summonitem(27486);
quest::say("To create your glove material you will need to combine 3 Woven Spider Silks, 1 Shadow Wolf Paw, 1 Puma Skin and 1 Giant Fire Beetle Eye in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Gloves of the Arcane Order."); }
}elsif($text=~/I want to craft robes/i){
quest::summonitem(27487);
quest::say("To create your robe material you will need to combine 5 Woven Spider Silks, 1 Medium Quality Bear Skin, 1 Bandit Sash, 1 Giant Fire Beetle Leg, 1 Golden Bandit Tooth and 1 Cloth Shirt in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Robe of the Arcane Order. I have one more [task] for you to complete young Conlara, so please come see me after you have completed your robe."); }
}elsif($text=~/I want to craft sandals/i){
quest::summonitem(27484);
quest::say("To create your sandal material you will need to combine 3 Woven Spider Silks, 1 Gnoll Jawbone, 2 Gnoll Pup Scalps, and Cloth Sandals in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Sandals of the Arcane Order."); }
}elsif($text=~/I want to craft sleeves/i){
quest::summonitem(27483);
quest::say("To create your sleeves material you will need to combine 2 Woven Spider Silks, 2 Giant Whiskered Bat Eyes, and Cloth Sleeves in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Sleeves of the Arcane Order."); }
}elsif($text=~/I want to craft trousers/i){
quest::summonitem(27485);
quest::say("To create your trouser material you will need to combine 4 Woven Spider Silks, 1 Giant Fire Beetle Carapace, 1 Spider Legs and 1 Matted Lion Pelt in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Trousers of the Arcane Order."); }
}elsif($text=~/What task/i){
quest::say("I have heard word that there are numerous gnolls in the hills terrorizing a good friend of mine Rephas. I need you to go to the hills and assist my friend Rephas. Rephas had 3 pages of research he was studying and they were stolen by these gnolls. I need you to retrieve these pages and bring them to Rephas. He will then give you a completed book to return to me. Bring me back the completed book from Rephas and I will surely reward you for your efforts."); }
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
#This needs the Rephas NPC to tell you about the pages.
if(($itemcount{27428} == 1 && $itemcount{27429} == 1 && $itemcount{27430} == 1)){
quest::say("Thank you for helping me. Take this as payment young magician.");
quest::summonitem(27495);
}
#END of FILE Zone:qeynos ID:1061 -- Juegile_Sohgohm

CrabClaw
06-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Tweaks and so forth...

v1.2

#############
# For:
# * Enchanter
# * Magician
# * Wizard
#Items Involved:
#Revised CrabClaw v1.2

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Why hello there Conlara! Its not often that I get many visitors to our sacred hall here. I am Juegile Sohgohm, Master Elementalist of the Order of Three. I have studied in these hallowed halls for all of my days. In my spare time I also pride myself as being a mentor for all of our new apprentices. If you are a young [Magician, Wizard or Enchanter] and you hail from the Order of Three house I might have some work for you.");
quest::say("Excellent, you must have certainly heard of the [training exercises] all new recruits must undergo.");
quest::say("The training exercises that I have prepared for my recruits are very necessary for the development of ones intellectual and hunting abilities. You will be presented with a Beginners Sewing Kit first, that will be used to combine a number of different [magical items] to create an infused armor material. Your material can then be combined in a loom with a pattern that I will present you with to create assorted pieces of Arcane Order Armor.");
quest::say("The items that are required for your armor materials will come from all area of Qeynos, including some of our merchants. When you are ready to collect the items for a specific armor piece please tell me what armor piece you [want] to craft. I can provide you with the material recipes and applicable patterns for Arcane Order [Cap], [Bracers], [Sleeves], [Sandals], [Trousers], [Gloves] and [Robes].");
quest::say("To create your bracer material you will need to combine 1 Woven Spider Silk, 2 Snake Eggs, 1 Large Myotis Bat Ear and a Cloth Wristband in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Bracer of the Arcane Order.");
quest::say("To create your cap material you will need to combine 2 Woven Spider Silks, 1 Rabid Wolf Hide, 1 Fire Beetle Leg and a Cloth Cap in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Cap of the Arcane Order.");
quest::say("To create your glove material you will need to combine 3 Woven Spider Silks, 1 Shadow Wolf Paw, 1 Puma Skin and 1 Giant Fire Beetle Eye in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Gloves of the Arcane Order.");
quest::say("To create your robe material you will need to combine 5 Woven Spider Silks, 1 Medium Quality Bear Skin, 1 Bandit Sash, 1 Giant Fire Beetle Leg, 1 Golden Bandit Tooth and 1 Cloth Shirt in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Robe of the Arcane Order. I have one more [task] for you to complete young Conlara, so please come see me after you have completed your robe.");
quest::say("To create your sandal material you will need to combine 3 Woven Spider Silks, 1 Gnoll Jawbone, 2 Gnoll Pup Scalps, and Cloth Sandals in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Sandals of the Arcane Order.");
quest::say("To create your sleeves material you will need to combine 2 Woven Spider Silks, 2 Giant Whiskered Bat Eyes, and Cloth Sleeves in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Sleeves of the Arcane Order.");
quest::say("To create your trouser material you will need to combine 4 Woven Spider Silks, 1 Giant Fire Beetle Carapace, 1 Spider Legs and 1 Matted Lion Pelt in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Trousers of the Arcane Order.");
quest::say("I have heard word that there are numerous gnolls in the hills terrorizing a good friend of mine Rephas. I need you to go to the hills and assist my friend Rephas. Rephas had 3 pages of research he was studying and they were stolen by these gnolls. I need you to retrieve these pages and bring them to Rephas. He will then give you a completed book to return to me. Bring me back the completed book from Rephas and I will surely reward you for your efforts.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if(($itemcount{27428} == 1 && $itemcount{27429} == 1 && $itemcount{27430} == 1)){
}

Angelox
06-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Thanks alot Crabclaw this is nice work (as always)- it's nice to see people giving and not always taking. Looks like you just about own this forum :)

CrabClaw
06-29-2007, 04:35 AM
Sure no problem - I love hooking things up where I can. Even some of the 'non-uber' little quests are worth it. But as I learn a little more of Perl (my new PowerGREP tool is helping big time in my self teaching) I can do the more involved quest setups. :)

I have given up the 'Live'-MMO scene for the while (LOTRO and Tabula Rasa beta was....ickpaw) so I will invest my time creating some things to share and go back to exploring SQL (and playing with MiniSQL and PostGreSQL too) as well.

But I am open to suggestions for helping to fluff out any neglected areas too. Qeynos is just my new focus at the moment. It's an often neglected little town that has some nice quests if you do some digging.

I got one more release I am hoping to release too, a fun one as well, before I go back to finding more unfinished ones.

Angelox
06-29-2007, 06:57 AM
I sent you a PM, I started a little "something" on my DB, and was hoping you might have some time to help me out.

CrabClaw
06-29-2007, 08:17 AM
Sure no problem :)

CrabClaw
06-29-2007, 04:47 PM
V1.3 with final fixes and yes, I chewed out my QA staff.

#############
# For:
# * Enchanter
# * Magician
# * Wizard
#Items Involved:
#Revised CrabClaw v1.3

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Why hello there Conlara! Its not often that I get many visitors to our sacred hall here. I am Juegile Sohgohm, Master Elementalist of the Order of Three. I have studied in these hallowed halls for all of my days. In my spare time I also pride myself as being a mentor for all of our new apprentices. If you are a young [Magician, Wizard or Enchanter] and you hail from the Order of Three house I might have some work for you.");
quest::say("Excellent, you must have certainly heard of the [training exercises] all new recruits must undergo.");
quest::say("The training exercises that I have prepared for my recruits are very necessary for the development of ones intellectual and hunting abilities. You will be presented with a Beginners Sewing Kit first, that will be used to combine a number of different [magical items] to create an infused armor material. Your material can then be combined in a loom with a pattern that I will present you with to create assorted pieces of Arcane Order Armor.");
quest::say("The items that are required for your armor materials will come from all area of Qeynos, including some of our merchants. When you are ready to collect the items for a specific armor piece please tell me what armor piece you [want] to craft. I can provide you with the material recipes and applicable patterns for Arcane Order [Cap], [Bracers], [Sleeves], [Sandals], [Trousers], [Gloves] and [Robes].");
quest::say("To create your bracer material you will need to combine 1 Woven Spider Silk, 2 Snake Eggs, 1 Large Myotis Bat Ear and a Cloth Wristband in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Bracer of the Arcane Order.");
quest::say("To create your cap material you will need to combine 2 Woven Spider Silks, 1 Rabid Wolf Hide, 1 Fire Beetle Leg and a Cloth Cap in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Cap of the Arcane Order.");
quest::say("To create your glove material you will need to combine 3 Woven Spider Silks, 1 Shadow Wolf Paw, 1 Puma Skin and 1 Giant Fire Beetle Eye in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Gloves of the Arcane Order.");
quest::say("To create your robe material you will need to combine 5 Woven Spider Silks, 1 Medium Quality Bear Skin, 1 Bandit Sash, 1 Giant Fire Beetle Leg, 1 Golden Bandit Tooth and 1 Cloth Shirt in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Robe of the Arcane Order. I have one more [task] for you to complete young Conlara, so please come see me after you have completed your robe.");
quest::say("To create your sandal material you will need to combine 3 Woven Spider Silks, 1 Gnoll Jawbone, 2 Gnoll Pup Scalps, and Cloth Sandals in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Sandals of the Arcane Order.");
quest::say("To create your sleeves material you will need to combine 2 Woven Spider Silks, 2 Giant Whiskered Bat Eyes, and Cloth Sleeves in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Sleeves of the Arcane Order.");
quest::say("To create your trouser material you will need to combine 4 Woven Spider Silks, 1 Giant Fire Beetle Carapace, 1 Spider Legs and 1 Matted Lion Pelt in your assembly kit. Once you have created the proper material take it to a loom along with this pattern to fashion your very own Trousers of the Arcane Order.");
quest::say("I have heard word that there are numerous gnolls in the hills terrorizing a good friend of mine Rephas. I need you to go to the hills and assist my friend Rephas. Rephas had 3 pages of research he was studying and they were stolen by these gnolls. I need you to retrieve these pages and bring them to Rephas. He will then give you a completed book to return to me. Bring me back the completed book from Rephas and I will surely reward you for your efforts.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
}
}