PDA

View Full Version : Faren - Ton Firepride - Garuc Arehn - Suuspa Clanim

BWStripes
07-21-2007, 05:43 AM
A series of 4 quests from Qeynos. This was one of the best starters I ever found to balance out faction with the dark side(TM) of Qeynos. Except the time I walked into the Bloodsabers' guild with my ToL Paladin. D'oh.

The quest line runs thusly:
1) Give Farens tacklebox back to him, get a dress.
2) Give the dress to Ton Firepride who wanted Hurrieta (The Ironprides, N Qeynos) dead. Receive a Bloody Dress
3) Go to Garuc (SK GM) in the Qeynos Catacombs. Give him the dress, receive random armour or rat-shaped ring.
Optional: 4) Hand in the rat-shaped ring to Suuspa Clanim, Temple of Life in N Qeynos.

First we have to patch the database to spawn Faren's tacklebox in the water off the pier in South Qeynos.

insert into ground_spawns (zoneid,max_x,max_y,max_z,min_x,min_y,heading,name ,item,max_allowed,comment,respawn_timer) values('1','155.0','-144.7','-36.9','155.0','-144.7','0','IT63_ACTORDEF','13702','1','Wooden Fishing Tackle','9600');

File: qeynos/Faren.pl - WILL OVERWRITE PEQ Quest

#############
#Quest Name: Faren's Tacklebox
#Author: ?? (Update by BWStripes)
#NPC's Involved: 1
#Items involved: 1
#############
###NPC 1
#Name: Faren
#Race 1 (Human), Texture of 1, Size 0, gender of 0
#Location XYZ: 89.2, -161.0, 3.8 in South Qeynos
#Level: 3
#Type: Quest NPC
#Reward: itemid 13129: Hurrieta's Tunic
#############
###Item 1
#Name: Wooden Fishing Tackle
#ID: 13702
#Ground Spawn
###

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Oh.. Hiya, I'm just out here fishing, since I can't find a job. I hope this [bait] I just bought catches me a big ol' fish.");
}
if($text=~/what bait/i){
quest::say("I use Captain Rohand's Secret Recipe Super Magic Catch-A-Lot brand bait. I bought my pole from Sneed's up by the north pond.");
}
if($text=~/tacklebox/i){
quest::say("Oh. That mean [dwarf], Trumpy, just knocked my tacklebox into the water. Could you please get it for me? I can't swim.");
}
if($text=~/fishboy/i){
quest::say("Hey! My [tacklebox]! You rotten dwarf!");
}
if($text=~/dwarf/i){
quest::say("Yes, that Trumpy is a dwarf, and a mean one too. I think he got kicked out of Kaladim and came here. Avoid him if you can."); #Improvised text
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if($itemcount{13702} == 1){
my $faren_randomcash = int(rand(20));
quest::say("Thank you so much! If you want some free advice, steer clear of those [Irontoes]! They are nothing but trouble. Here, It's not much but I must thank you somehow.");
quest::summonitem("13129"); #Hurrieta's Tunic
quest::givecash("$faren_randomcash","0","0","0");# Random from 20cp
quest::faction("135","2"); #Guards of Qeynos
quest::faction("9","2"); #Antonius Bayle
quest::faction("53","-1"); #Corrupt Qeynos Guards
quest::faction("33","-1"); #Circle Of Unseen Hands
quest::faction("217","2"); #Merchants of Qeynos
quest::exp("200");
}
}

#END of FILE Zone:qeynos ID:1091 -- Faren

More follows....

BWStripes
07-21-2007, 05:44 AM
Next installment:

File: qeynos/Ton_Firepride.pl - WILL OVERWRITE PEQ Quest

#############
#Quest Name: Murder of Hurrietta
#############
###NPC 1
#Name: Ton_Firepride
#Race 1 (Human), Texture of 1, Size 0, gender of 0
#Location XYZ: 89.2, -161.0, 3.8 in South Qeynos
#Level: 3
#Type: Quest NPC
#Reward: itemid 13134: Hurrieta's Bloody Dress
#############
###Item 1
#Name: Hurrieta's Tunic
#ID: 13129
#Quest Item
###

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Greetings, adventurer! A mighty warrior such as yourself deserves only the finest in armor and we here at Firepride's were trained by the finest dwarven smiths. We shall be branching out and crafting [other items] soon, also.");
}
if($text=~/other items/i){
quest::say("Ah, such interest! We have yet to finalise our inventory before we branch out - check back with us later."); #Improvised text
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if($itemcount{13129} == 1){
my $ironpride_randomSP = int(rand(8));
quest::say("Ha! This is great. Here's your money, murderer! Hope the guards don't find you. Now get lost! Take the tunic. Maybe Garuc will reward you for such a vile deed. I sure don't want to keep it around here.");
quest::summonitem("13134"); #Hurrieta's Bloody Dress
quest::givecash("5","$ironpride_randomSP","0","0");# Random from 8sp
quest::faction("135","-1"); #Guards of Qeynos
quest::faction("9","-1"); #Antonius Bayle
quest::faction("53","2"); #Corrupt Qeynos Guards
quest::faction("33","2"); #Circle Of Unseen Hands
quest::faction("217","-1"); #Merchants of Qeynos
quest::exp("400");
}
}

#END of FILE Zone:qeynos ID:1127 -- Ton_Firepride

BWStripes
07-21-2007, 05:44 AM
Into the catacombs for this one:

File: qcat/Garuc_Anehm.pl - WILL OVERWRITE PEQ Quest

#############
#Quest Name: Murder of Hurrietta
#Items involved: 6
#############
###NPC 1
#Name: Garuc_Anehm
#Race 1 (Human), Texture of 3, Size 0, gender of 0
#Location XYZ: -655.0, 357.0, -35.0 in Qeynos Catacombs
#Level: 61
#Type: SK GM
##
#Reward Item: 1-5
#Name: Random Patchwork armor
#ID: 2104, 2106, 2108, 2111, 2112
###
# Item 6
# Name: Rat Shaped Ring
# ID: 13301
# Quest Item
#############
###Item
#Name: Hurrieta's Bloody Dress
#ID: 13134
###

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Welcome to the Shrine of Bertoxxulous! You appear to be [new to the shrine]. I do not remember seeing you around.");
}
if($text=~/i am new to the shrine./i){
quest::say("New blood to spread Bertoxxulous' disease? We presently need the help of a [young shadowknight]. There are certain deeds which must be carried out.");
}
if($text=~/i am a young shadowknight./i){
quest::say("Then let your supreme task be the extermination of the Priests of Life. Know that they threaten the will of our Lord Bertoxxulous. For every fallen paladin and cleric of the Temple of Life. you shall rise within our ranks. So... do you [loathe paladins]?");
}
if($text=~/i loathe paladins./i){
quest::say("As do we all. The paladins of Qeynos come from either the Hall of Thunder or the Temple of Life. We have put a bounty upon their heads. Destroy these knights and return either the Order of Thunder or the prayer beads of these inferior men. There has even been a report from [Commander Kane].");
}
if($text=~/commander kane?/i){
quest::say("Kane Bayle is the Commander of the Qeynos Guard. He has found it advantageous to befriend the Bloodsabers. We share a [common goal]. He assists us in many ways. He has some new information to reveal. Go and tell him you are a Bloodsaber. Do not speak with him while he is on duty!!");
}
if($text=~/common goal?/i){
quest::say("Kane Bayle and the leaders of this shrine all wish to overthrow the rule of Antonius Bayle. He, for power, and we for the glory of Bertoxxulous. From this city, our diseased lord shall appear and tread across the land spitting death from his mouth and deforming the land. His glory shall be eternal!");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if($itemcount{13134} == 1){
my $garuc_reward = quest::ChooseRandom(2104, 2106, 2108, 2111, 2112, 13301);#Updated to issue random patchwork armor, or a rat-shaped ring
my $garuc_randomSP = int(rand(20));
my $garuc_randomCP = int(rand(20));
quest::say("Excellent work. You have done us a favour as well; meddlesome Ironprides. Take this reward."); #Text improvised
quest::summonitem("$garuc_reward");
quest::givecash("$garuc_randomCP","$garuc_randomSP","0","0");# Random from 20cp20sp
quest::faction("135","-2"); #Guards of Qeynos
quest::faction("257","-2"); #Priests of Life
quest::faction("183","-2"); #Knights of Thunder
quest::faction("21","3"); #Bloodsabers
quest::exp("500");
} else {
#do all other handins first with plugin, then let it do disciplines
plugin::try_tome_handins(\%itemcount, $class, 'Shadowknight');
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
}
}
#END of FILE Zone:qcat ID:45070 -- Garuc_Anehm

BWStripes
07-21-2007, 05:45 AM
Finally playing off the temple of life ;)

File: qeynos2/Suuspa_Clanim.pl - WILL OVERWRITE PEQ Quest

#############
#Quest Name: Hunt the Bloodsabers
#############
###NPC 1
#Name: Suuspa_Clanim
#Race 1 (Human), Texture of 3, Size 6, gender of 1
#Location XYZ: -629.0, -180.0, -11.0 in North Qeynos
#Type: Paladin GM
##
#Reward: Cash
#############
###Item
#Name: Rat shaped ring
#ID: 13301
###
sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Welcome to the Temple of Life, $name. It is here that you may pay tribute to the Prime Healer. Does not your heart beat with the sound of life? It is He who makes it so. Do not let the hand of Bertoxxulous and his [new disease] lay upon your soul or, like so many, you shall meet your fate at the end of my sword!");
}
if($text=~/new disease/i){
quest::say("The new disease I speak of is called the Bloodsabers. They are the loyal followers of Bertoxxulous and as such have been condemned by our temple. Do you wish to [join the fight]?");
}
if($text=~/join the fight/i){
quest::say("Then seek out those who worship the Plaguebringer. End their threat!! Each member has upon them the mark of the Bloodsabers, a rat-shaped ring. I shall reward all those who return such rings to me.");
}
if($text=~/Brother Trintle attacked Brother Estle/i){
quest::say("Impossible!! What madness do you speak of!!? If he did he must have had a reason. Maybe Trintle had been tainted by the words of Bertoxxulous..?"
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if($itemcount{13301} == 1){
my $suuspa_randomSP = int(rand(20));
my $suuspa_randomCP = int(rand(20));
quest::say("Ah, one less of the Plaguebringer's followers to poison these lands."); #Text improvised
quest::givecash("$suuspa_randomCP","$suuspa_randomSP","0","0");# Random from 20cp20sp
quest::faction("9","3"); #Antonius Bayle
quest::faction("135","3"); #Guards of Qeynos
quest::faction("257","3"); #Priests of Life
quest::faction("183","3"); #Knights of Thunder
quest::faction("21","-2"); #Bloodsabers
quest::exp("1000");
}
if($itemcount{13908} == 1}{
quest::say("This is not good. Hmph. It appears they are shattered. For the first time one of our members has been swayed. I reward you for your deed. Also, if you have found anything upon Trintle, let me know.");
quest::givecash("$suuspa_randomCP","$suuspa_randomSP","0","0");# Random from 20cp20sp
} else {
plugin::try_tome_handins(\%itemcount, $class, 'Paladin');
}
#END of FILE Zone:qeynos2 ID:2048 -- Suuspa_Clanim

Angelox
07-21-2007, 06:19 AM
We got this one for ax_peq also, Infact we are fishing all your stuff over to the DB.

Angelox
07-21-2007, 12:13 PM
This one may not be working , I get error from it;
Suuspa_Clanim.pl

BWStripes
07-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Oops, I'd pasted up v0.9 which was missing brackets, sorry.

#############
#############
###NPC 1
##
#############
###Item
###
sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Welcome to the Temple of Life, $name. It is here that you may pay tribute to the Prime Healer. Does not your heart beat with the sound of life? It is He who makes it so. Do not let the hand of Bertoxxulous and his [new disease] lay upon your soul or, like so many, you shall meet your fate at the end of my sword!");
}
quest::say("The new disease I speak of is called the Bloodsabers. They are the loyal followers of Bertoxxulous and as such have been condemned by our temple. Do you wish to [join the fight]?");
}
quest::say("Then seek out those who worship the Plaguebringer. End their threat!! Each member has upon them the mark of the Bloodsabers, a rat-shaped ring. I shall reward all those who return such rings to me.");
}
quest::say("Impossible!! What madness do you speak of!!? If he did he must have had a reason. Maybe Trintle had been tainted by the words of Bertoxxulous..?"
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if($itemcount{13301} == 1){
quest::say("Ah, one less of the Plaguebringer's followers to poison these lands."); #Text improvised
}
if($itemcount{13908} == 1){
quest::say("This is not good. Hmph. It appears they are shattered. For the first time one of our members has been swayed. I reward you for your deed. Also, if you have found anything upon Trintle, let me know.");
} else {
}
}

Angelox
07-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Got it, thanks for your work!

Angelox
07-23-2007, 11:38 AM
Still invallid - make sure you don't have the old PL cached somehow as the files are same size (your old and new one)

BWStripes
07-23-2007, 11:54 PM
Ack, I'm such an idiot. I didn't account for the fact that sometimes the file locks when I do quick updates across the network. For some reason the file was an inbetween version and was not saved with the final version.

I've just tested this out, and the handins and dialog work properly now. Sorry about that :/

#############
#############
###NPC 1
##
#############
###Item
###
###Item
#Name: Busted Prayer Beads
#ID: 13908
###
sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
}
}
}
quest::say("Impossible!! What madness do you speak of!!? If he did he must have had a reason. Maybe Trintle had been tainted by the words of Bertoxxulous..?");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 13301 => 1)) {
quest::say("Ah, one less of the Plaguebringer's followers to poison these lands. Take this as a reward for your service."); #Text improvised
quest::givecash("$suuspa_randomCP","$suuspa_randomSP","0","0"); # Random from 20cp20sp
}
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 13908 => 1)) {
quest::givecash("$suuspa_randomCP","$suuspa_randomSP","0","0"); # Random from 20cp20sp
} else {
}
}

Teppen
07-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Negative faction hits after turning into Garuc are alittle low. I remember doing this quest long ago, and as it is random rewards you dont always get the ring and have to repeat, and i know you already have random rewards setup so thats cool, but if this is put on PEQ I would up the positive and negative faction hits to atleast +5/-5 or maybe even higher. On live after you did the turn in to Garuc with an agnostic character over 5 or 6 times merchants in qeynos wouldnt sell to you and the non corrupt guards of qeynos didnt like you much.

I always did the quest with a newbie created character since you could complete it at level one then put it into shared back and give to another character to avoid getting the nasty faction hits. I remember my paladin loved that newbie ring. However, I dont see merchants of qeynos on the faction hits, but I do see guards. dunno, but faction hits of +2/-1 are way too low if put on PEQ. If any devs weave this into PEQ, take this post into consideration if you want like live.

cavedude
07-25-2007, 03:20 AM
Added to PEQ, thank you!