PDA

View Full Version : Swarms

inkubus
07-24-2007, 06:53 AM
It appears that swarms are not functioning, or maybe I'm implementing them wrong. I'm adding a pet under the same name as the spell.

Spell Name: Call of the Tempest (Spell ID 3870)

In this example:
SwarmPet810 is the pet

Added to pets table with a test npc

Message returns as:
'Unknown pet!'

Just to add to the note on this, this is an item proc on Timespinner, Blade of the Hunter (Item ID: 24573).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Bolly

Striat
07-25-2007, 07:15 AM
Call of the tempest is a swarm pet as you've said. Swarm pets do not currently work. In fact, they crash the zone. Now, the problem with the spell not summoning a pet is that it uses spell effect Summon Pets. If you change it to the # associated with Summon Pet, you'll atleast get a summoned pet. Will post #'s soon

inkubus
07-25-2007, 09:51 AM
I cannot distribute spells_en/spells_us out to my players. Just so you know.

Irreverent
07-27-2007, 03:26 AM
But if you do this, then they won't disappear when the mob dies. They'll just hang around. Also won't this limit you to 1 pet? A similar thing would be the weapon Hammer of the Timekeeper. This normally summons many epic pets, with limited time/hp. I couldn't get it to work, so I just changed it to a same level proc DD.

inkubus
07-27-2007, 05:23 PM
No it still says unknown pet - so I ended up addnig it to the proper table (hehe!). aa_swarmpets. But now when the weapon procs the zone crashes!