PDA

View Full Version : Multiple item return on single item handin

EliteSting
08-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Npc seems to skip the quest:summonitem part and goes right to the end where it hands me back my item.

sub EVENT_SAY
{ if($text=~/Hail/i){quest::say("Hello hello! I see you wish to begin your [epic] journey , what do you wish to know?"); } if($text=~/epic/i){quest::say("Well, I can tell you that a long , long time ago there were weapons of incredible power given to the mortals of this world. But through time thier locations have been lost, and thier power has grown dim. Such treasures are not to be handled lightly. Recently however, some of these magnificent pieces of art have come into my possession. Perhaps we can arrange a [trade]?"); } if($text=~/trade/i){quest::say("You wish to trade eh? Well then , for one of these magnificent treatures you must perform a task. There is a most grusome pair of creatures which inhabit The Overthere . They block access into the great chasm , if they should be killed and a piece of thier flesh brought to me, I will reward you. Now go and return with what I ask.");}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if ($class == 'Shaman' || $class == 'Rogue' || $class == 'Monk' || $class == 'Druid' || $class == 'Berserker' || $class == 'Wizard' || $class == 'Magician' || $class == 'Necromancer' || $class == 'Enchanter' || $class == 'Shadowknight' || $class == 'Cleric' || $class == 'Bard' || $class == 'Paladin') {
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 1737 == 1)) {
my %rewards = (
"Shaman" => 10651, "Rogue" => 11057, "Monk" => 10652, "Druid" => 20490, "Berserker" => 68299, "Wizard" => 14341, "Magician" => 28034, "Necromancer" => 20544, "Enchanter" => 10650, "Shadowknight" => 14383, "Cleric" => 5532, "Bard" => 20542, "Paladin" => 10099
);

if(defined($rewards{$class})) {
quest::summonitem($rewards{$class});
quest::emote("Feels deeply satisfied knowing one of his worst enemies has been slain.'");
quest::say("As we agreed. Our deal is complete.")
}
else {
quest::say("I did not ask for this from you, $name.");
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
}
}
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if ($class == 'Warrior') {
quest::summonitem(10909);
quest::summonitem(10910);
quest::summonitem(17859);
quest::emote("Feels deeply satisfied knowing one of his worst enemies has been slain.'");
}
else {
}
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if ($class == 'Ranger') {
quest::summonitem(20487);
quest::summonitem(20488);
}
else {
}
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if ($class == 'Beastlord') {
quest::summonitem(8495);
quest::summonitem(8496);
}
else {
}
}
}

Any suggestions please ?

CrabClaw
08-18-2007, 07:42 AM
Hmm, try trying an elseif instead of an else?

Darkonig
08-18-2007, 10:05 AM
There should only be one EVENT_ITEM subroutine per quest file. You need to combine them all into one. Then place each valid turn in combination in an if clause.

If (plugin::check_handin(...)) {
do something
} elsif (plugin::check_handin(...)) {
do something else
} elsif (plugin::check_handin(...)) {
do whatever this is
}

if (scalar keys %itemcount > 0) {
quest::say("I don't need these items");
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount)
}

the check_handin plugin will remove any items required from %itemcount
when the routine is finished, it will check to see if there are still any items that were turned in but not needed. If so, it will return them.

If you want to allow for multiple quests to be completed with a single hand in, just change the elsif to an if. Each step will remove any items it needed from the turn in.

Nothing will be returned to the player unless you either explicitly summon it and/or use the return_items plugin.

EliteSting
08-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Thanks ! I'll try that.