PDA

View Full Version : NEED a variable I think

gernblan
09-01-2007, 06:37 PM
....that will turn off NPC weapon damage or at least allow it to be mitigated.

On our server, we place high level items on some lower level mobs, like an "easter egg hunt" sorta. While the items are mostly required level, we still allow lower level players to start collecting them at an early age so that they can build their higher level gear and weapon sets as they level up--which will then be waiting for them to use when they reach the required levels.

That being said, the new update (1036) that put weapon bonuses back on NPCs is a good thing, but now we have these low level mobs hitting players really hard, sometimes for 800+ depending on the weapon.

I think what is needed for custom servers like mine is perhaps a way to toggle this on and off for NPCs... OR make the weapons scale down their damage output depending on mob level. Or something.

KLS
09-03-2007, 12:45 AM
Try it after tonight(fixed a bug were item bonuses were getting added over and over in some situations), I also put a rule in to allow only pets to gain benefits from items as well.

gernblan
09-03-2007, 09:58 AM
A seriously good approach to solving this problem.

Thank you. Am trying it, will post results in a few days. We've been running this code since this afternoon.

gernblan
09-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Ok had this turned on for awhile, it's PERFECT.

In this way, Pets can be given item bonuses, and mobs can be controlled no matter what's in their loot tables... this is an absolute boon for solo/group raid oriented servers or servers that do any form of "random loot".

While this setting is NOT for everyone, especially the "PEQ" type live emulator server(s), for a custom server this is a Godsend.

Very elegant solution, KLS. Very flexible.

Thanks!