PDA

View Full Version : OpenZone 7.9

Windcatcher
10-10-2007, 12:01 PM
The orcs took longer than anything else...

1. Fixed an engine bug that could cause a crash.
2. Fixed a bug where the ground editor would show textures flipped.
3. Added GeorgeS' orc model (with five subtypes) to the creature library.

The orc models are all a bit different than the ones GeorgeS submitted--I had to make them have the same overall bodily proportions and I had to fix some problems (and had to make them match my skeleton). I also had to change the boots on one because both the live client and SimpleClient demand textures for everything. Since they all have different meshes, they'll likely only work with SimpleClient. I have no idea what the live client will do with them. Try them with it at your own risk :)

You can get it here:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/OpenZone_7.9.zip?use_mirror=osdn

Wind

mattmeck
10-10-2007, 01:27 PM
Hot damn Wind!!

Nice to see all the years of work you have done getting so much use / help!

Sakrateri
10-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Thanks again WC , that makes it easier :)

Windcatcher
10-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Unfortunately I found yet another bug in the ground editor and will be releasing 8.0 at some point. It's not a showstopper, though, so I might take the time to do some other things to the program as well.

gernblan
10-13-2007, 11:25 AM
WC, thank you for such an amazing set of tools.

Am I good with them? Nope.

Do I understand them yet? Nope.

Am I excited that these tools make new zones possible? YES.

Sakrateri
10-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Well this is the OZ Q&A forum so if you need help just ask.

Sakrateri
10-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Hy WC, remind me once again, What forms of textures does OZ support? BMP and what else? Ive looked and know you said at one time but cant find it.....TGA?? or ? thanks. Not DDS right?

Windcatcher
10-14-2007, 06:04 AM
I used to have support for .TGA files but I doubt it works anymore. I tend to only use .BMP and that's all I've tested in a very long while.