PDA

View Full Version : Its Here !

Sakrateri
01-05-2008, 09:23 PM
The files needed for this can be found on my forums once you register, As I am not sure of the legality of giving programs that hack exe's I am not going to post it here BUT It seems to work with every version of EQ ( even tried with an up to date version and it worked fine) and if you have any version that it does not work with please let me know which one.

The EQEMU server is also available there BUT again, REMEMBER this is in no way a finished product and needs lots of work still, however you can play and kill mobs and see old graphics, spells and mobs. Just Please, Please work together by posting fixes here and I think together this will be a solid working server.

I do not have alot of time right now so i figured it best to give it out to all the smart people here and together with what time we have then it will all come together... Please enjoy

Cripp
01-06-2008, 05:04 AM
Nice !!!!!!!!!! gona check this out today... will edit with some feedback later...

<3

edit2: got it working finally.. works great :D a bit buggy in some areas but its great !

thanks sak.

Sakrateri
01-06-2008, 05:14 AM
Note:

If you install this into the ORIGINAL everquest you will only be able to make races that where included with that version.

If you install into Kunark or velious you will be able to make an Iksar.

If you install into anything above that you will have the option to make a Vah Shir race.

Angelox
01-06-2008, 05:26 AM
Note:

If you install this into the ORIGINAL everquest you will only be able to make races that where included with that version.

If you install into Kunark or velious you will be able to make an Iksar.

If you install into anything above that you will have the option to make a Vah Shir race.

This is interesting - my point has always been, once you start with the expansions, the original game begins to die. I think there should be a cut-off point somewhere, or at least a provision for a cut-off point (in all clients), as to where to stop adding expansions, at least for now. If I were to work on classic zones and put in all this detail, I hate to see it go to waste because the newer zones have better drops, etc. I've already done so much in the original zones, and most of it is unnoticed.

leslamarch
01-06-2008, 05:30 AM
Sakrateri,
What GUI are you using to source in the database, or did you just cmd line for it. Oh and what version of MySql are you using to run this?
Thanks

leslamarch
01-06-2008, 05:51 AM
Thanks for all the hard work it is very much appreciated

Sakrateri
01-07-2008, 04:19 AM
did you get it working ok leslamarch?

rogue50
01-08-2008, 02:22 AM
truely amazing

TheLieka
01-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Sweet! Just grabbed my copy. Thanks for the work Sak! I can't wait to get this set up.

Dax

koldar
01-18-2008, 04:27 AM
I agree Angelox. I try to not play any zone after the Kunark expansion. That is the only expansion I played on the live servers. If I go to one of the post-Kunark zones, it's usually to see what crazy ideas the soe devs had. And many of us classic eq gamers do appreciate your work to make the zones as accurate as we can remember. :)

Juniorcanes12
01-22-2008, 10:09 AM
hey im confused. so ur server is on eqemu now? i tryed playing it off ur website on my own babe server ... but im confused on how to set up eqemu to play it?

Juniorcanes12
01-23-2008, 08:10 AM
What do i need to do to play on the old eq server from the very scratch? im a newb

Jonathan5
02-17-2008, 07:29 AM
Where are the files? I checked your forums and couldn't find them.

Vonyor
04-11-2008, 01:31 PM
This looks awesome. I JUST got here though and I am still figuring things out, but I sooooo want this.

aknosis
05-10-2008, 03:23 AM
This is the eq I remember enjoying playing! Long time ago brings about many memories... nice work.