PDA

View Full Version : Script to remove junk from spawnlogs.. Thanks Blue Adept!

Trumpcard
06-17-2002, 04:51 AM
Got this little sed script from Blue Adepts site, he uses it to remove character data from his spawnlogs. This is for use
on a linux/unix box. If you need it run against any files and do not have access to one, email me with the file, and I'll run it for you and send it back.. Or, send me a link where I can d/l it from, and I'll pass it back after parsing it for you.

His site is at
http://www27.brinkster.com/blueadept/

Here is a script to remove PC's, removed spawns, corpses, and warders from the spawnlog.txt files. Put the spawnlog.txt file and the filter.txt file in the same directory and type "sed -f filter.txt spawnlog.txt > tmp.txt ". (It may take a while for it to parse the file). When it is done, type "mv tmp.txt spawnlog.txt".

Baron Sprite
06-17-2002, 11:55 AM
cool ^_^ thanks

steve
06-17-2002, 02:12 PM
Nice, took my 80mb spawnlog.txt to around 35mb.

Gzip'd it went down to 6.5mb :cool:

Lurker_005
06-18-2002, 05:55 AM
Steve, is that a unique spawnlog, or from tha data blueadapt made available?

If is your own log, please consider sending it to blueadapt, and/or making it available here. There are a few people that can arrange ftp space if needed.

A note about the blueadapt files. spawnlog1.txt has a different format that does not have the level of the mob, or the zone in each line.

I also found some garbage characters in the logs. I included trumpcards spawnlogs, I havn't checked what file the garbage chars were from, I had already combined the files toghther.

steve
06-19-2002, 04:45 PM
It's my personal spawnlog from running ShowEQ on my laptop.

Lurker_005
06-20-2002, 09:04 AM
I know blueadept has asked for spawnlogs, and said he can handle e-mails as large as 7 or 8MB. Or someone want to offer space for him to upload it to?

The more spawns we have recorded, the easier it is to verify the spawn locations, and likelyhood of getting rare spawns.

Trumpcard
06-20-2002, 09:53 AM
email it too me if you dont mind, and I'll host it..

dkiser@innersystems.com