PDA

View Full Version : FC5 and 1086 Compile error

John Adams
01-26-2008, 06:23 AM
Last version I compiled on Linux was 1069 and it went ok. I just downloaded the latest CVS (1/25/2008) and am getting a Stop error compiling 'world'.

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/eqemu/build/EQEmuCVS/Source/world'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../common/logsys_eqemu.o', needed by `world'. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eqemu/build/EQEmuCVS/Source/world'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I can attempt to regress until I find a build that works I guess. Any ideas what might be causing this? Is it a makefile, because I don't see a code line mentioned?

TIA,
-J

John Adams
01-26-2008, 06:31 AM
Well I have part of my problem sorted out. It seems some files are missing from the EQEmuCVS. Is this not the correct CVS address?

:pserver:anonymous@eqemulator.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/eqemulator checkout EQEmuCVS
The files appear to be missing, like Anniversary.*, watermap.*, and the aforementioned logsys_eqemu.cpp.

And, is there no longer a Utils folder in CVS? Maybe there never was one. I'll just use the downloadable source for now.

What am I doing wrong?

cavedude
01-26-2008, 06:32 AM
You are missing /common/logsys_eqemu.cpp which doesn't exist in CVS, you have to grab the source download and copy that file, the 5 /common/patches/Annivesary* files, and /zone/watermap.cpp/ and watermap.h. None of those files have changed in a while so you can pull them from any build.

John Adams
01-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Thanks, Mr Dude, for the speedy response. Any reason they are not a part of CVS? Just not validated yet?

btw, I found the ./utils folder... it's not in Source. :) oopsie. I think the paths in the makefiles are wrong then, maybe.

cavedude
01-26-2008, 06:57 AM
They probably just didn't get added to CVS from the developer SVN. I'll ask FNW if he can cvs add them.

John Adams
01-26-2008, 07:02 AM
I might have snuck an edit in after you posted, CD. Can you also ask him to check the make paths for ./utils? once I copied the folder into Source, all compiled ok.

And one last thing if you have his ear ~grin~

eqextractor, eqcollector, spell_explorer, and azone - do they really need to still be in the makefiles? The first two are in the main Makefile, the last is in the utils Makefile. I find I have to comment or delete those lines every release. Not a problem, but if they are not used anymore, we could comment them out. The only ./utils I think we need is cleanipc anyway.

Shaidar21
02-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Aye here here! ... Ok so I am a lazy bum... no offense caveman ;) but it would make sense to remove things that are only used for development when releasing to the public.