PDA

View Full Version : waypoints help

leslamarch
02-16-2008, 04:38 AM
Hello all,
I have been trying to get a npc on patrol to stop for 60 seconds and at that same waypoint to sit and shout something. the only part of this that is working is the stopping, it appears to be correct but i'm sure i'm missing something.

With the doanim will he sit for the full duration of the pause? or should i look at this a different way?

sub EVENT_WAYPOINT
{
if ($wp == 22)
{

quest::shout("I have reached waypoint 22");
quest::pause("30");
quest::doanim("33");
}

}

thanks for the help
~LL~

ChaosSlayer
02-16-2008, 06:15 AM
from what i read over the boards- NEVER EVER EVER use "pause" command - it freezes entire zone action =)

and if you allreday have the the way point set up - why don't assign the stop delay directly in the grid?

leslamarch
02-16-2008, 06:40 AM
from what i read over the boards- NEVER EVER EVER use "pause" command - it freezes entire zone action =)

and if you allreday have the the way point set up - why don't assign the stop delay directly in the grid?

I guess i should have stated that was the first method i tried, I had the npc pause for 60 seconds in grid. He did stop just like the pause makes him pause, but he never does the quest::shout or quest::doanim("33");.

I even went as far as mixing them up, so i was just thinking i missed something simple. oh well not the end of the world.
Thanks Though
~LL~