View Full Version : Nwn..

Trumpcard
06-19-2002, 05:01 AM
In my hands now :-)

Coming too a retailer near you.

Whats the ETA for Europe Drawde?

Shawn319
06-19-2002, 09:37 AM
i got it too :) so does hogie and so will image and so will lots of people in emu chat room....

Windcatcher
06-20-2002, 01:22 AM
Hmmm...I'll see if I can get it today. If it's that good, I just may take my leave of EQEmu :) (I quit EQ about a year ago).

Arcalyn
06-20-2002, 04:14 AM
Anyone out there?

*looks around but see nothing*

*sounds of battle can be heard from EQemu? na from the halls of NWN*

Trumpcard
06-20-2002, 04:51 AM
I installed it yesterday, but didnt play it.. Some friends showed up and we ended up getting hammered at Hooters instead...

Everyone post your impressions, Ive heard it's great but the interface is a bit on the clunky side..

Baltar
06-20-2002, 07:13 AM
hope it's good. :| If anything, it's a buffer until 3.4 comes out.
Go PATHING.

Symarra
06-20-2002, 08:02 AM
Its good so far, just don't care for the top down view

Baron Sprite
06-20-2002, 10:27 AM
My friend didn't get his copy locally... so now I have to wait for his to get his before I can play... it's taunting me from my hard drive :D

rubydefiance
06-20-2002, 11:50 AM
Hey Trump, at least you have your priorities straight. :D

Lon

Trumpcard
06-20-2002, 12:59 PM
Boobs > Beer > Computer stuff

http://denial.dyndns.org/photos/index.php?currDir=./Hooters&pageType=image&image=101-0123_IMG.jpg

Drawde
06-20-2002, 11:03 PM
Should be out in the UK on the 28th (a week's time).
I wasn't that excited about NWN until I downloaded the toolset beta demo a few weeks ago, I was incredibly impressed at how powerful but easy to use it is, you can create just about any environment, NPC or item imaginable (the component-based system for armour and weapon appearance is very good) in a few minutes (assuming it doesn't crash that is, hopefully the full version should be more stable).
The only thing I'm concerned about is that you can only have a single character, rather than a party as in BG2, IWD etc. This is fine for a first-person RPG like MW or EQ but in a D&D game could make things very difficult.

Trumpcard
06-21-2002, 12:52 AM
Well, you have henchmen you can hire/recruit.

I woke up at 3 am this morning and decided to play a little. I love the interface so far, but I really hate that you dont have more movement in the camera angles, makes it very hard to see sometimes. Overall though, the game gets an A+ in my book though. As soon as the linux server is released, I'll have a full time game running. I wonder how well it's set up to remotely dm, Im guessing it shouldnt be too bad. Ive heard people complaining about the graphics, but I think theyre pretty good considering. Im more interested in the gameplay. I tried to play online a bit, but I kept getting beat to a pulp ! I'll try again a bit later, I can tell it's going to be VERY addictive though.