PDA

View Full Version : New Tool - Icon Viewer Reference

GeorgeS
02-18-2008, 03:41 PM
EqEmu IconViewer 1.0 , Latest 2/18/08 - This tool enables one to view icons and their icon# to assist in item creation.

Left click to view next icon page. Mouse hover to view icon tooltip text (icon#)

Available from my site. First tool there

GeorgeS

trevius
02-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Nice little tool there! I normally use ACDSee, but that means I was having to scroll through them all. With this, I can see all of them really quickly.

Thanks for yet another tool, GeorgeS :)

moydock
02-21-2008, 11:27 AM
Looks good George. Let me ask you this though, would it be possible to do the same thing but with the in-game weapons graphics? Like the IT18 type values. That would be a godly.

ChaosSlayer
02-21-2008, 04:30 PM
George, how about a simular tool to get Spells Icons ids for new Spell editor recently made? (by Bleh i belive)
I belive you even reviewed that one.

GeorgeS
02-22-2008, 03:36 AM
I'll look into the spell icons later. Seems a simple enought task if the icons are accessible

GeorgeS

AndMetal
02-22-2008, 07:59 AM
George, how about a simular tool to get Spells Icons ids for new Spell editor recently made? (by Bleh i belive)
I belive you even reviewed that one.

Bam (http://www.andmetal.net/eqemu/custom/icons-spell_gems.zip).

They're stored in gemicons??.tga in the uifiles/default directory of the EverQuest client. They're 24x24 pixels each.

GeorgeS
02-22-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the link. So I did look for these and found gemicons0X.tga and spells0X.tga. Which do you need or want to reference?

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
02-22-2008, 03:56 PM
as far as know the spell editor makes refernces to:

id# of how does spell icon looks in your buff window and in your spell book
and
id# of how does spell icon looks when memorized on your spellbar

AndMetal
02-22-2008, 05:41 PM
as far as know the spell editor makes refernces to:

id# of how does spell icon looks in your buff window and in your spell book
and
id# of how does spell icon looks when memorized on your spellbar

Just to clarify, the icons I posted above are for the new_icon column (field 144 counting from 0). It is used for the spell gem icon (in memorized spells), the buff icon (in the buff window), AND the spell book's icon. I'm pretty sure the other 2 icon columns (the 2 columns before components, not sure which column # they are) are for older versions of the client, but haven't been removed by the EQ Developers because it would totally jack up the spell file to remove info. So, as far as I can tell, the spells??.tga files are basically obsolete.

GeorgeS: do you have an easy way to extract the icons & create a transparent background from the dragitem files? That is the bane of my existence, having to do so by hand with Photoshop (for the icons in the Live version of the client that hasn't been extracted yet).

GeorgeS
02-24-2008, 05:19 AM
For the dragitem icons, I just redid those today so they are perfect now.
My workflow is to write a vb6 program which cuts them up after I put them in 1 large .bmp. Then added 255/0/255 (pink) as their background, then with a batch bmp to gif converter, made them transparent (using pink as that color)

Download the newest icon viewer for the newer icons. I also put the icons in all my other tools as well.

Included now are the spell icons shown along with item icons in this tool.

So the rationale to redo these is because these have circulated and someone ruined them at some point. Transparency was not correct, so after 4 hours, I finished the epic project. In my item editor, you should see the difference. Also the icon viewer shows them off nicely...

If anyone needs any graphic/icon done, just let me know.

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
03-15-2008, 05:56 AM
Just an update 1.1

All recent icons on live are now done. All tools have the current icons as well. There are about 2500 icons, double that of before. All are retouched by hand so they look perfect.
The tool now can be DL to view the icons. Icons are included in the download...

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
03-15-2008, 06:08 AM
hmm question- but are those items included in Titanium client?
will they actualy show in our games?

GeorgeS
03-15-2008, 06:19 AM
Yes, if the folks have updated dragitem.tga files.
They are there for reference and future use in my tools.
Many people tell me they create items that are post titanium (but are current on live), thus the icons are needed for those folks. I get about 2 emails a day regarding the need for this...

All the tools are updated to take advantage of the new icons.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
03-15-2008, 06:26 AM
i am not sure how a Titanium player can update those files wihout actualy geting them.. which is considred a warez =)

also george- in the new viewer- the spell icons are gone =)

GeorgeS
03-15-2008, 06:31 AM
The files are FREELY dl from SONY -

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
03-15-2008, 06:39 AM
could you please point me to an official link?

GeorgeS
03-15-2008, 06:47 AM
..within mozilla/firefox
http://patch.everquest.com:7000/patch/everquest/en/patch1/main/uifiles/default/dragitem34.tga.gz

There you go - publically available

..all files are available

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
03-15-2008, 06:59 AM
umm i am confused
This is just 1 file with only a few icons inside....

GeorgeS
03-15-2008, 07:07 AM
They're downloaded according to the UI folder structure, then recreated into individual files as I have done. All the dragitem files are DL by changing the number of the file
as in
http://patch.everquest.com:7000/patch/everquest/en/patch1/main/uifiles/default/dragitem1.tga.gz

loads icon file 1 and so on.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
03-15-2008, 07:31 AM
ahh i see.
this must be my Iexplorer browser then
i tried to do something like this - swaping numbers but IE keeps giving me an error

ChaosSlayer
06-26-2008, 09:49 PM
btw George, so what happened to Spell Icons?

you had them in first version of the viewer, then you added more item icons and spell icons kind of went POOF...