PDA

View Full Version : New Updated Icons

GeorgeS
02-24-2008, 05:25 AM
I just redid all the item icons due to so many being messed up from users over the years. So from a fresh titanium source, I spliced up all the icons, added transparency (255/0/255 pink) and then cut them into 40x40 icons. With a Batch GIF converter, all were converted. In my icon viewer, you will immediately see the differences. I fixed each and every one yesterday. It was a herculean effort, but I'm glad I did this finally!

Download the newest icon viewer for the newer icons. These icons are now inlcuded in all my other tools as well.

Included now are the spell icons shown along with item icons in this tool.

If anyone needs any graphic/icons converted, just let me know.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
02-24-2008, 07:29 PM
awsome =)
George, I want to name NPC after you =)
I am thiking gnome engineer with a quest to assemble something uber =)

trevius
02-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Very nice work. The tool is cleaned up nicely from the original version.

I know it has been mentioned before, but adding a viewer to see actual in-game item graphics would be awesome. If I get time, I will start going through the list by using #wp <slotid> <itemgraphic>. I will make my race an invisible man and take screenshots of the items. Primarily this will be for weapons or any primary/secondary items. Most armors all look the same. All that would be needed for armor would be a plate set, chain set, leather set and cloth set including every robe graphic. This would be quite a project, but once completed, it would be an awesome reference to have IMO.

If I do get this rolling, I can send you the files if you are interested, GeorgeS.

moydock
02-25-2008, 10:29 AM
Very nice work. The tool is cleaned up nicely from the original version.

I know it has been mentioned before, but adding a viewer to see actual in-game item graphics would be awesome. If I get time, I will start going through the list by using #wp <slotid> <itemgraphic>. I will make my race an invisible man and take screenshots of the items. Primarily this will be for weapons or any primary/secondary items. Most armors all look the same. All that would be needed for armor would be a plate set, chain set, leather set and cloth set including every robe graphic. This would be quite a project, but once completed, it would be an awesome reference to have IMO.

If I do get this rolling, I can send you the files if you are interested, GeorgeS.

Yeah that would be really useful. I was thinking of doing that myself but I didn't realize there was a command like that. How does it work? #wp? I can't figure it out.

trevius
02-25-2008, 11:32 AM
An example would be "#wp 7 1" and that should put a basic short sword graphic <item model number ID 1> in your primary hand slot <slot ID 7>. This graphic change should work for all characters, not just GMs, but it only shows up to the client (no one else will see it). It also only lasts until the player zones.

Someone I know has been working on a list of descriptions for these graphics. They already have a very nice list of a few hundred of them so far. I won't include much of their work without approval from them. But, here is a small example of item model numbers:

1 - Basic Short Sword
2 - Basic Two Hander
3 - Hatchet Axe
4 - Basic Bow
5 - Small Dagger
6 - Small Brown Stick
7 - Metal Club
8 - Big Brown Stick
9 - Metal Axe

The list they are making is very useful, but a picture is worth a thousand words.

moydock
02-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Are you sure the command is #wp? When I do #wp 7 1, It just tells me i'm using the command wrong and that it's correct usage is #wp add/delete.

trevius
02-25-2008, 11:55 AM
OOPs lol. Ya, that is the command to add or remove waypoints lol. The one I meant to put is "#wc 7 1". That one should work for you. Sorry about that lol!

moydock
02-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Hah, I figured, thanks man works great.

GeorgeS
02-28-2008, 03:50 AM
Trevius - I am extracting the models for a visual encyclopedia tool, and if they want to offer their work as a collaboration, due credit will be of course given. I would rather not replicate that volume of work, but I'm ready to go forth on this tool, since it's widely requested around here.

GeorgeS

trevius
02-28-2008, 11:09 PM
They are working on a list of descriptions only at this point. If that will help with your work for the encyclopedia tool, I can certainly ask them if it is ok to share it here. They are pretty nice and would most likely be willing to share. I just didn't want to post it here without their permission.

GeorgeS
02-29-2008, 03:08 AM
Thanks,

I took it upon myself to extract all the weapons yesterday. Also, I extracted the shields and am working on all armour.
Also, spell animations are next...

The tool looks fantastic so far

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
02-29-2008, 03:33 AM
oh I can't wait 8-) 8-) 8-)

Jibbatwinkers
02-29-2008, 04:21 AM
Hey Georges the nice person he was talking about was me. There are a lot of values I have tracked down and my and another friend and GM on Zebuxoruk work on this on our down time. It started as a project to find new item graphics that others might not have seen before.

I usually don't keep up on the EQEmulator.net forums. I've been looking for a way to give back to the EQEmu community in some way and luckily Trevius points me in the right direction when he sees something that he knows I can help with. Anyways contact me at ahamix@gmail.com and you can tell me what you are looking for and I can help you with anything you want.

Always glad to help GeorgeS as I'm a user of a few of the tools you have. Hope to talk to you soon.

GeorgeS
03-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the offer, I'll email you monday.

So far I've got all the spell animations done. Now just to compress the data to make it possible to be downloaded.

Also, all weapons in game are also done.

So far the data is around 300mb... so compression needs to be better.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
03-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Geogre- what format is it in?
like pdf file with screnshots ?

cuase for encyclopedia we don't realy need ultra high bitmap quality a jpg quality screnshot would prabobly do

GeorgeS
03-03-2008, 02:43 PM
The static files are bitmaps, thus no problem there.

The animations are Xvid (or DivX) , and what I'm planning on doing is having the animations as a separate DL (~50mb), if people want it. The rest will be DL as normal. Program will work without the animations anyway, but the spell effects are really cool.

GeorgeS

I'm also trying to get the memory handle for the current spell editor so it would auto-link to my program. If you select a spell from the editor, my program would read the animation value in memory and display the animation. The programaticaly syntax is called an 'hwnd', a unique property read by a low windows call.

trevius
03-04-2008, 11:29 AM
If you convert the images to JPG instead of BMP (bitmap format), the file size will drop to probably 10% of what it is now. Maybe even less depending on the JPG quality you use when converting. If you need help finding a program to convert them, I am sure I can find a free simple one for you to use.

BMP stores pixel by pixel information so it takes up MUCH more data than a JPG which uses algorithms to reduce the size of the file. The image quality will be slightly lower, but it should be perfectly fine for what you are doing. I normally only use BMP files when creating web graphics or doing high res graphic design that can't have any compression.

I am guessing you probably already know all of this, but I figured I would post it just in case. Maybe I read your message wrong about the files being in BMP format.

GeorgeS
03-04-2008, 02:48 PM
I have not decided on a format yet (they're in PNG now) but jpg will be the best for sure. It all about compromise. I have commercial batch converters for this.

The animations are now in DivX and 150x200 in size. So thus all 240 of them do add up despite huge bitrate reductions. (avg size is 350K/animation). Nothing can be done more to these. The DL is 60mb for the reduced size ones and 120mb for the normal/good quality animations. I spent huge time and effort on this, so this is a done deal for me. I doubt you ever have to re-download them. The tool should be pretty cool if I can grab the windows handle for the current spell editor and interface with it. Otherwise, it's a pretty cool stand-alone app.

GeorgeS

trevius
03-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Sounds freakin' amazing! And ya, it would be awesome if there was a simple way to set spell editors to point to the directory you install the divx videos and then maybe put something in to pull up the spell effect when a spell is loaded in the editor. Just as long as the files don't have to be included in the spell editor so that every time you download an update for the spell editor, the download is 50+MBs. That size isn't an issue for the people downloading them, but it might cause issues with hosting that has limited bandwidth usage.

AndMetal
03-04-2008, 09:06 PM
That size isn't an issue for the people downloading them, but it might cause issues with hosting that has limited bandwidth usage.

That brings up something interesting... I wonder how feasible it would be to use Flash Video (http://www.jeroenwijering.com/?item=FLV_Video_Compression) (like YouTube)? It makes it ridiculously easy to incorporate into web pages as a standalone (thinking Wiki or something similar), and would probably be equally as easy to package in an executable. The only things I'm not sure about is what the differences in file size would be and how easy it would be to facilitate playback into a standalone app.

Might be worth taking a look at...

trevius
03-05-2008, 12:06 AM
The only issue with that is the compression on video from services like youtube really sucks and you want something halfway decent to see the spell animations clearly. Divx encodng is awesome for the resulting file size it has. You can get a full length movie in HD quality for a few hundred megabytes. The only thing that comes close that I know of is AVI.

sesmar
03-10-2008, 12:19 AM
Thank for the updated Icons, I just updated the set I have been working with today. You even had a few new ones I did not have yet. They look a lot better than the older version I had. Thanks a lot.

GeorgeS
03-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Heck you're welcome!
Perhaps someone can check to see if there are even more recent ones to add - someone who still plays live... They are in the everquest folder in uifiles, and there should be a file numerically later than dragitem34.tga

GeorgeS

mattmeck
03-10-2008, 02:36 PM
goes up to 59 now.

GeorgeS
03-11-2008, 01:57 PM
..Thanks for the info everyone. I am now extracting the icons - and there are just so many more!

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
03-18-2008, 01:39 PM
All the tools should have the newest icons avail -somewhere over 2400 in total - up to and incl. dragitem59.tga

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
03-18-2008, 02:47 PM
George - so what happened to the spell icons? =)

GeorgeS
03-19-2008, 02:59 PM
hehe - who twisted my arm to make them go away :)

GeorgeS