PDA

View Full Version : Quest::Cleric Supplies

shaznito
02-26-2008, 04:57 PM
Hello, Since I have a live account now I am able to do these quest alot more sufficient. me and my wife doubled check everything and made sure it functioned properly.

All works and if you're wondering why I put $race in there, that is because no one but "Halflings" can do this quest I tested with other races including a level 52 half-elf ect all on live. plus I added database support being that there was no berries to forage. I'm pretty sure there is some extra stuff I'll add over time if missing.

#############
#Quest Name:Cleric Supplies
#Author:Shaznito
#NPCs Involved:Beek Guinders
#Items Involved:Berries, Black Wolf Skin, Ruined Wolf Pelt
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {

if($text=~/hail/i){

quest::say("waves enthusiastically and says, 'Hay, ho, there, young Halfling! I'd love to yak it up with you but I'm a bit busy at the moment, trying to find some [help].");

}

if($text=~/what help/i){

quest::say("Well, we're experimenting with some tanning methods but we're running low on supplies. We need to find someone to go out and [gather some things]. Seems no one wants to do an honest day's work any more. I'd do it myself but, errrr, my, uhhh, foot hair has been hurting lately... yes, that's it.");

}

if($text=~/I will gather some things/i){

quest::say("Ahhh, excellent! Okay, first, we'll need a couple of wolf pelts. They don't have to be perfect, completely ruined would work just fine, hehe. I'll also need a black wolf skin and a handful of berries. The berries you should be able to find out in the Thicket. I hear they grow in a small canyon near the lone tower. Hurry, hurry!");

}

}

sub EVENT_ITEM {

if ($itemcount{13045} == 1 && $itemcount{13782} == 2 && $itemcount{13758} == 1) {

if ($race 'Human', 'Barbarian', 'Erudite', 'Wood Elf', 'High Elf', 'Dark Elf', 'Half Elf', 'Dwarf', 'Troll', 'Ogre', 'Gnome', 'Vah Shir', 'Froglok' 'Iksar',)

quest::say("Hey, great! You found the materials! We'll get to work right away. If you find any more, please come by again. Here's a little something for your troubles, friend.");

quest::summonitem(15207);

quest::faction(259, 10);

quest::faction(208, 10);

quest::faction(133, 10);

quest::exp(50);

quest::givecash(23,13,0,0);

}

plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);

}

#END of FILE Zone:rivervale ID:19111 -- Beek_Guinders

This is for the database

INSERT INTO `forage`(`id`,`zoneid`,`Itemid`,`level`,`chance`) values (429,33,13045,0,100)
INSERT INTO `forage`(`id`,`zoneid`,`Itemid`,`level`,`chance`) values (429,202,13045,0,100)
INSERT INTO `forage`(`id`,`zoneid`,`Itemid`,`level`,`chance`) values (429,3,13045,0,100)
INSERT INTO `forage`(`id`,`zoneid`,`Itemid`,`level`,`chance`) values (429,224,13045,0,100)

Please let me know what you think and make sure I'm not overlooking anything.

shaznito
02-26-2008, 05:27 PM
I couldnt find the edit button but please note that id 429 should be changed after the first line example 430, 431, 432 ect... sorry about that.

shaznito
02-26-2008, 06:48 PM
Well, seems I forgot to refresh the server when I added this line in
if ($race 'Human', 'Barbarian', 'Erudite', 'Wood Elf', 'High Elf', 'Dark Elf', 'Half Elf', 'Dwarf', 'Troll', 'Ogre', 'Gnome', 'Vah Shir', 'Froglok' 'Iksar',)

It really messed things up, for some reason while testing I used #reloasquest works most the time but oddly enough this one sliped.

What I was meaning to do was only allowing Halflings to complete the quest as in live. If someone could help me with that and I removed plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);

because it wasnt working like I wanted either, on live if you give him items and they dont add up he will return them to you and say this "'Whoooops! I'll need the two ruined wolf pelts along with the berries and black wolf skin before I can reward you, $name. Don't dawdle"

well thats about it for live testing :) anyone else let me know or send me a pm thanks.

AndMetal
02-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Please let me know what you think and make sure I'm not overlooking anything.

Just a few tweaks...

#############
#Quest Name:Cleric Supplies
#Author:Shaznito
#NPCs Involved:Beek Guinders
#Items Involved:Berries, Black Wolf Skin, Ruined Wolf Pelt
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/hail/i) {quest::emote("waves enthusiastically and says, 'Hay, ho, there, young Halfling! I'd love to yak it up with you but I'm a bit busy at the moment, trying to find some [help].");}
if($text=~/what help/i) {quest::say("Well, we're experimenting with some tanning methods but we're running low on supplies. We need to find someone to go out and [gather some things]. Seems no one wants to do an honest day's work any more. I'd do it myself but, errrr, my, uhhh, foot hair has been hurting lately... yes, that's it.");}
if($text=~/I will gather some things/i) {quest::say("Ahhh, excellent! Okay, first, we'll need a couple of wolf pelts. They don't have to be perfect, completely ruined would work just fine, hehe. I'll also need a black wolf skin and a handful of berries. The berries you should be able to find out in the Thicket. I hear they grow in a small canyon near the lone tower. Hurry, hurry!");}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 13045 => 1, 13782 => 2, 13758 => 1) && $race eq "Halfling") {
quest::say("Hey, great! You found the materials! We'll get to work right away. If you find any more, please come by again. Here's a little something for your troubles, friend.");
quest::summonitem(15207);
quest::faction(259,10);
quest::faction(208,10);
quest::faction(133,10);
quest::exp(50);
quest::givecash(23,13,0,0);
} else {
quest::say("Whoooops! I'll need the two ruined wolf pelts along with the berries and black wolf skin before I can reward you, $name. Don't dawdle");
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
}
}

#END of FILE Zone:rivervale ID:19111 -- Beek_Guinders

Fewer spaces = easier to read.
Changed 1st say to an emote, otherwise it will say "says 'waves enthusiastically and says '...'".
Using plugin::check_handin removes the items from itemcount, and only gives back unused items. You may want to test this to make sure it's giving the desired result.
Added check to see if you're a Halfling. Might need some more dialogue & tweaking for what happens when you're not a Halfling. Right now it gives the dialogue about what you need, and will return the items.
If you don't have all the items, gives the dialogue about the items he needs.

INSERT INTO `forage`(`id`,`zoneid`,`Itemid`,`level`,`chance`) values (429,33,13045,0,100)
INSERT INTO `forage`(`id`,`zoneid`,`Itemid`,`level`,`chance`) values (430,202,13045,0,100)
INSERT INTO `forage`(`id`,`zoneid`,`Itemid`,`level`,`chance`) values (431,3,13045,0,100)
INSERT INTO `forage`(`id`,`zoneid`,`Itemid`,`level`,`chance`) values (432,224,13045,0,100)

Need to make sure each of the IDs are unique (as was mentioned in the 2nd post :-) ).

Other than that, you should be good to go.

cavedude
02-27-2008, 12:33 AM
Submitted, just watch the existing code in pl files, you left out the noob note handin ;)

The db entries weren't needed as berries are built into the code as being foragable (since they can be foraged in nearly every zone) and the 3 ground spawns in Misty are already in.

Oh, and in the case of a class check being in a hand-in check, it should trigger plugin::return_items(\%itemcount); and give the players back their items.

shaznito
02-27-2008, 05:29 AM
Ah, Thanks you guys rock!
I'll try and be more thuro next time around only excuse's I can use is sleep and jumping off live to emu and 2 pcs gets me confused. Just need to take things one step at a time I can get more done.

shaznito
02-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention that reason why I didn't use an emote was that they never did on live when I did the quest to get the information.
and I was just wondering why on peq quest page under rivervale and author it say cavedude? not that it matters just was wondering is all.

cavedude
02-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Because my username submitted it and marked it complete. In order to have those functions, you need Quest Team access which I generally grant to people on the PEQ forums who've submitted a few quests and have demonstrated a working knowledge of our quest system. Quest Team access gives you direct access to the quests, so they have to be as error free as possible. I check each quest that goes in, but not very thoroughly, if I did that's all I'd do! ;)

shaznito
02-27-2008, 11:57 AM
That makes perfect sense, I mean no offence just a question.

Thanks!

buffhouse
07-17-2008, 04:50 AM
I haven't checked it recently but I know I've done this quest on live with Dark Elf enchanter. They might have changed it but on live in the Olden Days you had to be at least indifferent with cleric guild to be able to hand in. I think people were using wolf form to hand in at indifferent long long time ago as cleric guild is scowl ready to attack with any hateful god (Innoruk, Cazic-Thule, etc.). You could get ally faction with everyone there and still be at threatening with clerics and paladins. But I know any race that doesn't worship a god could do this quest one way or another. Cazic thule shamans could do it but innoruk SK's, shamans couldn't ever get enough starting faction.