PDA

View Full Version : Froglok Shaman Armor

realityincarnate
03-01-2008, 03:33 AM
This script will add in the quests for the Yun Initiate armor used by newbie Froglok shamans. These also require some editting of the tradeskill recipes in order to work properly.

#Yun_Master_Arglug.pl - zone: rathemtn

# Yun Master Arglug
# Froglok Newbie Shaman armor
#by Realityincarnate

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i) {
quest::say("Welcome back, young Yun. I hope your training is going well. Unfortunately, I have been unable to keep up to date on your progress, but should you need advanced training in any individual skills, I am here to help you with that. As well, I am here to help guide you through your growth as a Shaman in the Guktan Army. The spirits will also be your guide, and with the skills that you learn here, you will be better equipped to serve the Army. If you plan on following the path of a [Shaman], I have some tasks for you to complete, if it suits your interest.");
}

if($text=~/shaman/i) {
quest::say("I thought as much. I am glad that you have chosen to become a Shaman. Let's get started on your training. I will give you a list of items that you will need to collect, as well as a magical assembly kit in which to combine these items. Once you have successfully combined the items, it will create a material that you will use to craft a suit of armor that will protect you from the dangers of the training grounds. If you are ready to begin your task, I will give you the assembly kit and instructions for collecting the items required to craft your armor. Are you ready to receive your [assembly kit]?");
}

if($text=~/assembly kit/i) {
quest::say("Excellent, then it is time that we get started. Here is the assembly kit used to combine the different items required to craft your own Yun Initiate's Armor. Each piece of armor will require different items to craft. These items will be available from both our outpost, as well as the training grounds near here. When you are ready to receive a recipe for a specific material, simply tell me which armor piece you [wish to craft]. I hold the recipes for Yun Initiate's [Helms], [Bracers], [Boots], [Armguards], [Legplates], [Gloves] and [Breastplates]. Keep in mind that the items required to make some of the larger pieces of armor will be a bit more difficult to get. You may want to wait until you are more experienced before attempting to obtain the components.");
quest::summonitem(17392);
}

if($text=~/helm/i) {
quest::say("Wise choice, young recruit. The helm is one of the most important pieces of armor that one could ever hope to obtain. Protection of your head at all times is a must. To create the material needed to craft your helm, you will need to gather a water moccasin tail, two mosquito eyes, and a chunk of digested earth, and combine them in your assembly kit. Once you have the correct material, you will need to combine the items together in a forge, along with this mold, to craft your Helm of the Yun Initiate.");
quest::summonitem(51064);
}

if($text=~/bracers/i) {
quest::say("A bracer is a simple, but effective piece of armor. It enables some deflection of small blows to the wrists in melee-based combat. The bracer is one of the most basic sections of armor to craft, as well as being the easiest of all the armor pieces to collect the correct items. To create the material needed to craft your bracer, you will need to gather a crab spider's carapace, the poison sack of a bleeder, and two airborne spores, and combine them in your assembly kit. Once you have the resulting material, you will need to combine it together in a forge, along with this mold, to craft your Bracer of the Yun Initiate.");
quest::summonitem(51062);
}

if($text=~/boots/i) {
quest::say("A pair of boots would be a wise choice for a young recruit. Our training grounds are often dangerous, and plagued with various perils. Boots would offer some excellent protection for your feet, as well as some protection from the elements. To create the material needed to craft your boots, you will need to gather two kobold talons, an amulet from an undead froglok, and a ball of pulpy fungus, and combine them in your assembly kit. Once you have the correct material, you will need to forge the items together, along with this mold, to craft your Boots of the Yun Initiate.");
quest::summonitem(51066);
}

if($text=~/armguards/i) {
quest::say("Armguards are one of the pieces of armor that no froglok should be without! They offer protection for the arms, and some for the shoulders, as well. A good thing if a block goes awry! To create the material needed to craft your armplates, you will need to gather two chunks of mosquito meat, a large fungal spore, and a giant snake fang, and combine them in your assembly kit. Once you have the correct material, you will need to forge the items together, along with this mold, to craft your Armplates of the Yun Initiate.");
quest::summonitem(51065);
}

if($text=~/legplates/i) {
quest::say("Legplates are one of the more difficult items to craft; however, they offer a significant amount of protection for a young recruit. Since the legplates are a bit larger then most other pieces of armor, the components required to craft the material comes from some of the larger, and more dangerous creatures in the training grounds. To create the material needed to craft your legplates, you will need to gather two bull
alligator teeth, one larval carapace, and one pristine kobold paw, and combine them in your assembly kit. Once you have the correct material, you will need to forge the items together, along with this mold, to craft your Legplates of the Yun Initiate.");
quest::summonitem(51068);
}

if($text=~/gloves/i) {
quest::say("Excellent! Gauntlets are the choice of smart recruits. One of the first things that one should do is protect your hands, since your hands are very important, especially in melee combat! To create the material needed to craft your gauntlets, you will need to gather two pristine bleeder skins, one crab spiderling fang, a mushroom spore, and combine them in your assembly kit. Once you have the correct material, you will need to forge the items together, along with this mold, to craft your Gauntlets of the Yun Initiate.");
quest::summonitem(51063);
}

if($text=~/breastplates/i) {
quest::say("You wish to craft a breastplate? Do you think you are skilled enough to obtain the materials needed to craft it? Well, I hope that you aren't wrong; it would be tragic if we lost a recruit because he was too zealous, too soon. Regardless, as you have asked, I will give you the recipe to craft the breastplate. To create the material needed to craft your breastplate, you will need to gather two burly kobold ears, some moccasin poison, and two bull alligator spines, and combine them in your assembly kit. Once you have the correct material, you will need to forge the items together, along with this mold, to craft your Breastplate of the Yun Initiate. After you have completed your breastplate, I may have another [task] for you to complete.");
quest::summonitem(51067);
}

if($text=~/task/i) {
quest::say("I speak of this with you, only because I believe you have proven yourself to be a recruit of impeccable reputation, and feel that you will not let me down. Not long ago, a small artifact was lost, though the details of how were never discovered. What we do know, is that a small band of froglok traitors, and exiles took the item. The artifact was not extremely powerful, it had more sentimental value than anything else, but, if you could retrieve it, you would save me the trouble of having to hunt them down myself.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if($itemcount{51093} == 1) {
#text made up
quest::say("Thank you for retrieving the artifact, young one. Your training is now complete, and I present to you the last of the equipment granted to Yun Initiates, the cudgel of our order. May it serve you well in your travels.");
quest::summonitem(51095);
}
}

#end of file

realityincarnate
03-01-2008, 03:39 AM
These are the recipes that need to be added to the database. All are no-fail combines:

*Yun Initiate Armor Materials: container = 17392

Yun Helm Material - components: 51027, 2x 51028, 51029
success returns item 51050

Yun Bracer Material - 51021, 51022, 2x 51023
success = 51048

Yun Boot Material - 2x 51030, 51031, 51032
success = 51052

Yun Armplate Material - 51039, 2x 51040, 7005
success = 51051

Yun Legplate Material - 2x 51033, 51034, 51035
success = 51054

Yun Gauntlet Material - 2x 51024, 51025, 51026
success = 51049

Yun Breastplate Material - 2x 51036, 51037, 2x 51038
success = 51053

*Yun Initiate Armor: container = 17

Helm of the Yun Initiate - 51050, 51064
success = 51069

Bracer of the Yun Initiate - 51048, 51062
success = 51071

Boots of the Yun Initiate - 51052, 51066
success = 51073

Armplates of the Yun Initiate - 51051, 51065
success = 51070

Leggings of the Yun Initiate - 51054, 51068
success = 51074

Guantlets of the Yun Initiate - 51049, 51063
success = 51072

Breastplate of the Yun Initiate - 51053, 51067
success = 51075

If these recipes are just added to the database, the material combines will not function properly. After one of the most aggravating troubleshooting sessions I can recall, I figured out why. Apparently, after the trolls were moved to Neriak, the troll armor quests were altered to have the same components as the froglok quests. When two recipes have the same component lists, the server won't currently let you make either of them.

I'm not sure which set of troll armor quests are preferable, since the Neriak quests are most like Live, but the current status still has trolls located in Grobb. If anyone is interested, I'll post modified versions of the troll quest and recipes in the next reply.

realityincarnate
03-01-2008, 03:42 AM
Here are the modifications to the Troll shaman quest armor that restore it to the original, Grobb quests. If these changes are made, both the troll and froglok quest combines will function properly.

Prashnak.pl - zone: grobb

####################
# Prashnak.pl -
#
# Zone: Grobb - grobb
#
# Quests: Spiritcharmers Armor, Spiritcharmer Final Job (Staff)
#
# Revised by RealityIncarnate 2-29-08; restored to Grobb quests

sub EVENT_SAY {

if ($text=~/Hail/i) {
quest::say("Hullo $name, who yoo be? You need be a [Shaman] or me not talk to yoo");
}

if ($text=~/i am a shaman/i) {
quest::say("You is Shaman? Well me is too so I can give yoo some tings to do if yoo want to make yer own [armor]");
}

if ($text=~/what armor/i) {
quest::say("Me can tell yoo where to get tings to craft yer own armor. Yoo den take dese tings with dis armor kit and combine dem. When you have yer armor material take it too da forge and with da pattern I give yoo to make yer armor. I can give yoo recipe fer [Coif], [Bracers], [Sleeves], [Boots], [Legplates], [Gauntlets] and [Tunics]. When yoo ready yoo tell me whut piece you [want to craft]");
quest::summonitem(61095); # Spiritcharmers Assembly Kit
}

if ($text=~/want to craft coif/i) {
quest::say("Here is yer pattern, once yoo have combined 2 Bricks of Crude Bronze, 1 Ruined Wolf Pelt, 1 Fire Beetle Eye and 1 Water Flask in yer kit place it in da forge along with dis pattern to create yer Spiritcharmer Chainmail Coif");
quest::summonitem(22671); # An Enchanted Coif Pattern
}

if ($text=~/want to craft bracers/i) {
quest::say("Go out into da forest and seek out 1 Brick of Crude Bronze, 2 Snake Fangs, 1 Zombie Skin and 1 Short Ale. Once yoo have combined dem in yer kit to make da bracer material take it to a forge along with dis pattern to create yer Spiritcharmer Chainmail Bracer.");
quest::summonitem(22672); # An Enchanted Bracer Pattern
}

if ($text=~/want to craft sleeves/i) {
quest::say("If Sleeves are what yoo wish to craft yoo will need to get 2 Bricks of Crude Bronze, 1 Burned Out Lightstone, 1 Black Mamba Skin and 1 Bottle of Milk den combine dem in yer kit to fashion da necessary material. Take dis pattern to da nearest forge with that material to create yer Sleeves of the Spiritcharmer.");
quest::summonitem(22673); # An Enchanted Sleeves Pattern
}

if ($text=~/want to craft boots/i) {
quest::say("If yoo want to make Boots of da Spiritcharmer yoo will need 3 Bricks of Crude Bronze, 1 Giant Wood Spider Femur, 1 Ruined Bear Pelt and 1 Snake Egg. Combine dem together to make yer mold and put it in da forge along with dis pattern to make yer boots.");
quest::summonitem(22674); # An Enchanted Boots Pattern
}

if ($text=~/want to craft legplates/i) {
quest::say("If yoo wants leggings go get 4 Bricks of Crude Bronze, 2 Snake Eggs, 1 Low Quality Bear Skin and 1 Red Wine den combine dem in yer kit to create yer Legplates material.");
quest::summonitem(22675); # An Enchanted Legplates Pattern
}

if ($text=~/want to craft gauntlets/i) {
quest::say("To create da Gauntlet materials please collect 3 Bricks of Crude Bronze, 1 Fresh Fish, 1 Spider Venom Sac and 2 Bat Wings. When yoo done and have made yer material put it in da forge with dis pattern to make yer gauntlets.");
quest::summonitem(22676); # An Enchanted Gauntlets Pattern
}

if ($text=~/want to craft tunic/i) {
quest::say("I'm happy to see that yer training is coming along so well $name. I have no doubt in my mind that yoo are ready to craft yer Tunic. Go collect 5 Bricks of Crude Bronze, 1 Garter Snake Tongue, 1 Ruined Bear Pelt, 1 Calcified Ulna, 1 Giant Snake Fang and 1 Calcified Foot Bones. Come back after yoo are finished, I have a [job] for yoo.");
quest::summonitem(22677); # An Enchanted Tunic Pattern
}

if ($text=~/what job/i) {
quest::say("I want yoo too get some tings for me that I need for me special trollie. Get me 2 Woven Grass Amulets, 1 Black Mamba Skin, 1 Blood Drenched Cloak and I will give you a nice shiny ting.");
}

}

sub EVENT_ITEM {

if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 16166 => 1, 14550 => 2, 22620 => 1)) { # Woven grass amulet x 2, black mamba skin, blood drenched cloak
quest::summonitem(61100); # Staff of The Spiritcharmer
quest::exp(100);

} else {

quest::say("I have no need for this $name, you can have it back.");
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);

}

}

#END of FILE Zone:grobb ID: 40074

These are the recipe modifications that must be made to the current Spiritcharmer materials:

Spiritcharmers Coif Material(recipe #9587) - components: 2x 19697, 13782, 10307, 13006

Spiritcharmers Bracer Material(#9589) - 19697, 2x 13067, 13074, 13018

Spiritcharmers Boots Material(#9591) - 3x 19697, 19659, 13781, 13088

Spiritcharmers Gauntlets Material(#9593) - 3x 19697, 13019, 14018, 2x 13068

Spiritcharmers Legplates Material(#9595) - 4x 19697, 2x 13088, 13750, 13030

Spiritcharmers Sleeves Material(#9597) - 2x 19697, 10299, 16166, 13087

Spiritcharmers Tunic Material(#9599) - 5x 19697, 16168, 13781, 16187, 7005, 16181

cavedude
03-01-2008, 05:18 AM
Thanks! I'll get this in soon. I noticed that the Frogs and Vah Shir both had no noob armor quests written, so this is a good start.

I also have to change Gukta back to Grobb and insert all of the Grobb quests on http://projecteq.net/quests - That'll be a pain! ;) Do you know the current status of Grobb quests?