PDA

View Full Version : Going Postal - Complete (or nearly so)

realityincarnate
03-02-2008, 08:38 AM
I've been working on this off and on for a couple of weeks, and I finally have most of the quest working. The notable exceptions are the deliveries from Innothule swamp and West Karana, neither of which seem to have items in the database that actually correspond to them. It would be possible to reuse the same letters for more than one quest, but it seems like a poor idea as the letters are all lore.

So, without further ado, here's the massive list of npc scripts for the bard mail quests.

Tralyn_Marsinger.pl zone: Qeynos

#############
#Quest Name: Bard Mail Quest
#Author: RealityIncarnate
#NPCs Involved: Tralyn Marsinger, Eve Marsinger, Lislia Goldtune, Felisity Starbright, Jakum Webdancer, Ton Twostring, Idia, Sivina Lutewhisper, Ticar Lorestring, Marton Stringsinger, Drizda Tunesinger, Travis Two Tone, Silna Songsmith, Siltria Marwind, Tacar Tissleplay, Kilam Oresinger, Lyra Lyrestringer
#Items Involved: Bardic letters: 18150-18167
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if ($text=~/hail/i) {
quest::say("Hail, $name - If you are interested in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some mail then you should talk to my wife, Eve.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18150 => 1) || plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18151 => 1)) {
quest::say("Incoming mail - very good! Please take this gold for your troubles.");
quest::givecash(0,0,quest::chooserandom(3,4,5,6),0 );
quest::exp(50);
quest::faction(192,10); #league of antonican bards
quest::faction(184,10); #knights of truth
quest::faction(135,10); #guards of qeynos
quest::faction(273,-30); #ring of scale
quest::faction(207,-30); #mayong mistmoore
}

elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18153 => 1) || plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18154 => 1)) {
quest::say("Incoming mail - very good! Please take this gold for your troubles.");
quest::givecash(0,0,quest::chooserandom(8,9,10,11, 12),0);
quest::exp(100);
}

else {
quest::say("I have no need for that.");
plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
}
}

# End of File zone: qeynos

Eve_Marsinger.pl zone:Qeynos

#############
#NPCs Involved: Tralyn Marsinger, Eve Marsinger, Lislia Goldtune, Felisity Starbright, Jakum Webdancer, Ton Twostring, Idia, Sivina Lutewhisper, Ticar Lorestring, Marton Stringsinger, Drizda Tunesinger, Travis Two Tone, Silna Songsmith, Siltria Marwind, Tacar Tissleplay, Kilam Oresinger, Lyra Lyrestringer
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Hail, $name - Are you [interested] in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some [mail]?");
}

if($text=~/i am interested/i){
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to Highpass and to Freeport. Will you [deliver] mail to [Highpass] or [Freeport] for me?");
}

if($text=~/deliver to highpass/i){
quest::say("Take this pouch to Lislia Goldtune in Highpass. You can find her at the entrance to HighKeep. I am sure she will compensate you for your troubles.");
quest::summonitem("18152");
}

f($text=~/deliver to Freeport/i){
quest::say("Take this letter to Felisity Starbright in Freeport. You can find her at the bard guild hall. I am sure she will compensate you for your troubles.");
quest::summonitem("18155");
}

if($text=~/what mail/i){
quest::say("The League of Antonican Bards has a courier system made up of travelers and adventurers. We pay good gold to anyone who will take messages from bards such as myself to one of our more distant offices. Are you [interested]?"); }

}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18165 => 1)) {
quest::say("More mail - you have done us a noteworthy service! Please take this gold for your troubles. If you are interested in more work, just ask me.");
quest::givecash(0,0,quest::chooserandom(11,12,13,1 4,15),0);
quest::exp(150);
}

else {
}
}

#END of FILE Zone:qeynos

Lislia_Goldtune.pl zone:Highkeep

#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Hail. $name - Are you [interested] in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some [mail]?");
}

if($text=~/I am interested in delivering mail/i){
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to Freeport and to Qeynos. Will you [deliver] mail [to Freeport] or [to Qeynos] for me?");
}

if($text=~/deliver to freeport/i) {
quest::say("Take this pouch of mail to Ton Twostring. You can find him at the bard guild hall. I'm sure he will compensate you for your trouble.");
quest::summonitem("18164");
}

if($text=~/deliver to qeynos/i) {
quest::say("Take this letter to Tralyn Marsinger. You can find him at the bard guild hall. I'm sure she will compensate you for your trouble.");
quest::summonitem("18154");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {

if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18152 => 1) || plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18156 => 1)) {
quest::say("More mail - you have done us a noteworthy service! Please take this gold for your troubles. If you are interested in more work, just ask me.");
}

else {
}
}
#END of FILE Zone:highkeep

realityincarnate
03-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Felisity_Starbright.pl zone:freportn

#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Hail. $name - If you are interested in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some mail you should talk to Ton Twostring."); }
}
sub EVENT_ITEM {
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18158 => 1) || plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18157 => 1)) {
quest::givecash(0,0,quest::chooserandom(6,7,8,9),0 );
quest::exp(80);
}

elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18159 => 1)) {
}

elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18155 => 1)) {
quest::givecash(0,0,quest::chooserandom(11,12,13,1 4,15),0);
quest::exp(150);
}

else {
}
}

#END of FILE Zone:freportn

Ton_Twostring.pl zone:freportn

#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Hail. $name - Are you [interested] in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some [mail]?");
}
if($text=~/what mail/i){
quest::say("The League of Antonican Bards has a courier system made up of travelers and adventurers. We pay good gold to anyone who will take messages from bards such as myself to one of our more distant offices. Are you [interested]?");
}
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to Highpass, Kelethin, and Qeynos. Will you [deliver] mail to [Kelethin], [Highpass], or [Qeynos] for me?");
}
if($text=~/deliver to kelethin/i){
quest::say("Take this pouch to Idia in Kelethin. You can find her at the bard guild hall. I am sure she will compensate you for your troubles.");
quest::summonitem("18167");
}
if($text=~/deliver to highpass/i){
quest::say("Take this pouch to Lislia Goldtune in Highpass. You can find her at the entrance to HighKeep. I am sure she will compensate you for your troubles.");
quest::summonitem("18156");
}
if($text=~/deliver to qeynos/i){
quest::say("Take this pouch to Eve Marsinger in Qeynos. You can find her at the bard guild hall. I am sure she will compensate you for your troubles.");
quest::summonitem("18165");
}

}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18164 => 1) || plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18166 => 1)) {
}

else {
}
}
#END of FILE Zone:freportn

Jakum_Webdancer.pl zone:gfaydark

#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Hail. $name - If you are interested in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some mail then you should talk to Idia."); }
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {
if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18161 => 1)) {
quest::givecash(0,0,quest::chooserandom(3,4,5,6),0 );
quest::exp(50);
}

elsif(plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18160 => 1) || plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18162 => 1) || plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18163 => 1)) {
quest::givecash(0,0,quest::chooserandom(6,7,8,9),0 );
quest::exp(80);
}

else {
}
}
#END of FILE Zone:gfaydark

realityincarnate
03-02-2008, 08:46 AM
Idia.pl zone:gfaydark

#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
}

if($text=~/am interested/i){
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well. right now I have one that needs to go to Freeport. Will you [deliver] mail to [Freeport] for me?");
}

if($text=~/What mail/i){
quest::say("The League of Antonican Bards has a courier system made up of travelers, adventurers, and [agents]. We pay good gold to anyone who will take messages from bards such as myself to one of our more distant offices. Are you [interested]?");
}

if($text=~/agents/i){
quest::say("Lyra Lyrestringer, Tacar Tissleplay, Kilam Oresinger and Siltria Marwind all report to Jakum Webdancer.");
}

if($text=~/deliver freeport/i){
quest::say("Take this pouch of mail to Ton Twostring. You can find him at the bard guild hall. I'm sure he will compensate you for your trouble.");
quest::summonitem("18166");
}

if($text=~/what agents/i){
quest::say("Lyra Lyrestringer, Tacar Tissleplay, Kilam Oresinger, and Siltria Marwind all report to Jakum Webdancer.");
}
}

sub EVENT_ITEM {

if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 18167 => 1)) {
quest::givecash(0,0,quest::ChooseRandom(8,9,10,11, 12),0);
}

else {
}
}
#END of FILE Zone:gfaydark

Sivina_Lutewhisper.pl zone:qrg

#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if ($text=~/hail/i) {
quest::say("Hail, $name - Are you [interested] in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some [mail]?");
}
if ($text=~/mail/i) {
quest::say("The League of Antonican Bards has a courier system made up of travelers and adventurers. We pay good gold to anyone who will take messages from bards such as myself to one of our more central offices. Are you [interested]?");
}
if ($text=~/interested/i) {
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well, right now I have one that needs to go to Qeynos. Will you [deliver] mail to [Qeynos] for me?");
}
if ($text=~/deliver to qeynos/i) {
quest::say("Take this letter to Tralyn Marsinger in Qeynos. You can find him at the bard guild hall. I am sure he will compensate you for your troubles.");
quest::summonitem(18150);
}
}

# End of File Zone:qrg

Ticar_Lorestring.pl zone:erudnext

#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
}
if($text=~/what mail/i){
quest::say("The League of Antonican Bards has a courier system made up of travelers and adventurers. We pay good gold to anyone who will take messages from bards such as myself to one of our more central offices. Are you [interested]?");
}
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well, right now I have one that needs to go to Qeynos. Will you [deliver] mail to [Qeynos] for me?");
}
quest::say("Take this letter to Tralyn Marsinger in Qeynos. You can find him at the bard guild hall. I am sure he will compensate you for your troubles.");
quest::summonitem("18151");}
}
#END of FILE Zone:erudnext

Marton_Stringsinger.pl zone:halas

#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
}
if($text=~/mail/i){
}
if($text=~/interested/i){
}
quest::summonitem(18153);
}
}
#END of FILE Zone:halas

realityincarnate
03-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Drizda_Tunesinger.pl zone:feerrott

#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
}
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well, right now I have one that needs to go to Freeport. Will you [deliver] mail [to Freeport] for me?");
}
if($text=~/What mail/i){
quest::say("The League of Antonican Bards has a courier system made up of travelers and adventurers. We pay good gold to anyone who will take messages from bards such as myself to one of our more distant offices. Are you [interested]?");
}

if($text=~/deliver to freeport/i){
quest::say("Take this letter to Felisity Starbright. You can find her at the bard guild hall. I'm sure she will compensate you for your trouble.");
quest::summonitem("18157");
}

#END OF FILE zone:feerrott

Travis_Two_Tone.pl zone:nektulos

#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
}

if($text=~/what mail/i){
}

quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well, right now I have one that needs to go to Freeport. Will you [deliver] mail to [Freeport] for me?");
}

if($text=~/deliver to Freeport/i){
quest::say("Take this letter to Felisity Starbright in Freeport. You can find her at the bard guild hall. I am sure she will compensate you for your troubles.");
quest::summonitem("18158");
}

}
#END of FILE Zone:nektulos

Silna_Songsmith.pl zone:rivervale

#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
}

if($text=~/what mail/i){
}

if($text=~/I am interested/i){
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well, right now I have one that needs to go to Freeport. Will you [deliver] mail to [Freeport] for me?");
}

if($text=~/deliver to freeport/i){
quest::say("Take this letter to Felicity Starbright. You can find her at the bard guild hall. I'm sure she will compensate you for your trouble.");
quest::summonitem("18164");
}

}
#END of FILE Zone:rivervale

Siltria_Marwind.pl zone:butcher

#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
}
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well. right now I have one that needs to go to Kelethin. Will you [deliver] mail [to Kelethin] for me?");
}
if($text=~/What mail/i){
quest::say("The League of Antonican Bards has a courier system made up of travelers, adventurers, and agents. We pay good gold to anyone who will take messages from bards such as myself to one of our more distant offices. Are you [interested]?");
}

if($text=~/deliver kelethin/i){
quest::say("Take this letter to Jakum Webdancer. You can find him at the bard guild hall. I'm sure he will compensate you for your trouble.");
quest::summonitem("18160");
}

}

#END OF FILE Zone: butcher

Tacar_Tissleplay.pl zone:felwithea

#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {

if($text=~/Hail/i){
}

if($text=~/what mail/i){
}
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well, right now I have one that needs to go to Kelethin. Will you [deliver] mail to [Kelethin] for me?");
}

quest::say("Take this letter to Jakum Webdancer in Kelethin. You can find him at the bard guild hall. I am sure he will compensate you for your troubles.");
quest::summonitem("18161");
}

}
#END of FILE Zone:felwithea

Kilam_Oresinger.pl zone:kaladima

#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
}
if($text=~/what mail/i){
}
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to - well. right now I have one that needs to go to Kelethin. Will you [deliver] mail to [Kelethin] for me?");
}
if($text=~/deliver to Kelethin/i){
quest::say("Take this letter to Jakum Webdancer in Kelethin. You can find him at the bard guild hall. I am sure he will compensate you for your troubles.");
quest::summonitem(18162); }
}

#END of FILE Zone:kaladima

Lyra_Lyrestringer.pl zone:akanon

#############
#################

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i){
quest::say("Hail $name. Are you [interested] in helping the League of Antonican Bards by delivering some [mail]?");
}
if($text=~/what mail/i){
}
quest::say("I have messages that need to go to... well, right now I have one that needs to go to Kelethin. Will you [deliver] mail to [Kelethin] for me?");
}
quest::summonitem("18163");
}
}

#END OF FILE Zone:akanon

realityincarnate
03-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Doh! It looks like I messed up the capitalization on every instance of ChooseRandom in those scripts. It should be quick work with search & replace to fix, but I guess I should have made a final in-game test after adding the randomized gold amounts.

Angelox
03-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Doh! It looks like I messed up the capitalization on every instance of ChooseRandom in those scripts. It should be quick work with search & replace to fix, but I guess I should have made a final in-game test after adding the randomized gold amounts.

Make a new thread with fixes, and I'll delete this old one if you want

cavedude
03-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Committed! Thank you! I'll see about tracking down those two missing items, hopefully Lucy grabbed them so I can manually add them.

I corrected ChooseRandom, no problem.