PDA

View Full Version : EqEmu Media Encyclopedia

GeorgeS
03-08-2008, 04:48 PM
EqEmu Media Encyclopedia new!1.0.1 , Latest 3/8/08

This tool enables one to view weapon graphics, shields, human face,arm,body textures.
It also allows spell particle effect viewing using the excellent Ailia's Spell Editor (included). It's a BIG 124MB download.
I figure 25-30 min to DL at my 768kbit rate

Future revisions will just include binaries and not media to keep it easy to update.

GeorgeS

moydock
03-08-2008, 06:45 PM
I think I just crapped myself. Downloading. Thank you so much George!

moydock
03-08-2008, 07:48 PM
Perfectly happy so far George but there are more graphics unfortunately. The order of them is pretty strange but there are some at 300-305ish, 400-405ish etc. Up to 900ish. Then there are a whole bunch at 10,000-10,050. Then 10,100-10,150, then 10,200-10,250, and so on. They're all scattered from the different expansions (sony must be headed by a retarded goldfish).

ChaosSlayer
03-08-2008, 08:50 PM
mmm something tells me that the #w(whatever) code of the item in game DOES NOT correspand to the "idfile" number code

soem fo the weapons shown in 0-200 numbers have way higher "idfile" #code - Centi LS for exmaple, or Velious/ST graphic weapons.

And of course there are WAY more actual weapon models in game. I am prety sure I havent seen a single PoP/LOY/LDON era weapon or later.

The big problem that- the encyclopedia won't realy have any usage unless the user can obtain the actual "idfile" code from it.
SO - going into game and doing #w thing won't realy help you if #w numders DO NOT correspand to "idfile" # codes which are what is actualy needed to assign the graphic to an item

trevius
03-09-2008, 12:07 AM
There are MANY more items not listed on that list. It is a great start, but it would take quite a while longer to make the full list. There are hundreds more.

As for the #wc number id matching up with the item number in the database, it works perfectly. Take IT10653 for example. The number 10653 is the ID for the new short sword graphic. If you use the command #wc 7 10653 in game, it will show you that graphic. Same goes for the stuff in the encyclopedia. For example, the BFG graphic is listed as 198 in GeorgeS new tool and has an image. If you go in game and type #wc 7 198, that will show you the graphic. And if you put IT198 on an item for weapon slots, it will show up with that graphic.

VERY nice work so far though GeorgeS! I am sure this will be very handy to the entire community. These new tools along with your icon one are something that the Emu could have used since it was created. These things will always be handy no matter what changes come :D

GeorgeS
03-09-2008, 03:50 AM
As trevius mentioned, the IT #'s do match in game. I used wc commands to generate these. Now the problem is reverse figuring out what weapons there are. I have something like 90% of the expansions, so may not have all the textures and models.

I'll start looking into getting more models somehow, but it's a bit brute force. I'll start with modelviewer and see what I get from it.

oh btw, the S3D models have the models for all the weapons - so i'm pulling those first. Hopefully will have the entire weapon model later...

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
03-09-2008, 04:49 AM
..just an addendum -

I've found a boat load more weapons - in fact 100's more. I've pulled them into the encyclopedia, and will have it ready later. There will be some code change to encompass these and future ones...

Stay tuned
GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
03-09-2008, 07:28 AM
ah good then we don't have the problem with #wc to idfile correspandance

BTW, George- imho we don't actualy need the spell viewer program =)
as long as .avi files have names correspanding to spell # - it is easier to just view them directly with windows media player =)

still great work on recording the spell effects =)

PS. one important note- are you only recording particle effecst or casting animations too?
Cuase particle effecst is whjat appears when spell is DONE casting, but while you still in the process there is also casting animation. - what about them?

GeorgeS
03-09-2008, 02:58 PM
The spell particle effects are what's shown in the avi (divx) files. No animations are intended to, but can be inferred to in those files from the spell editor. All the #wc weapon files are done and now i'm redoing the code to handle them.

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
03-11-2008, 02:04 PM
Just updated the tool so that weapon and shields are current.
The database now has 484 weapon models!

You can add your own pictures as long as they're .jpg and 400x600 and keep the naming model number convention.
To spawn weapon_10000.jpg let's say, in game type in #wc 7 10000, and the target get the item.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
03-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Geogre - why not break the ME into separate parts to easy the download?
how about making weapons and spells into 2 separate zips?

GeorgeS
03-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Ok, done. 2 seperate files. ATM the webpage look messed up but the links should work fine.

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
03-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Ok, done. 2 seperate files. ATM the webpage look messed up but the links should work fine.

GeorgeS

thank you George =)
the weapon list seem very complite - so far I found all unique looks I remember from the game + tons of more =)

cavedude
03-11-2008, 11:44 PM
This tool is amazing. Very, very helpful. Is there any chance of adding race/texture/helm texture support? I know I'd be glad to donate some time to snap some shots to send to you.

trevius
03-12-2008, 11:45 AM
The images aren't exactly the correct size, but the guidebook has nice race/texture screenshots for non player races. Since the info is already there, it definitely isn't required, but it might be something to consider in the future if anyone ever gets bored. Either importing the current images to the program or even better would be new individual ones with the correct size and scale.

Of course that would mean alot of work, unless someone has a zone file that has every race listed in it so people don't have to zone and figure out which zone has what model to get all of the screenshots needed. This would definitely take more time though, cause you would have to adjust the view for smaller or larger mobs so they fit in the pic properly.

I am pretty sure cavedude was talking about PC races/textures/helms, which wouldn't really take too long. Just need texture 0-3 and then 10-16 I think for male/female of each race. There may be some exceptions for helms.

When he brought that up, it made me think of the reference in the guidebook and ultimately, NPC races would be nice to have along with the other images so they are all in 1 place. This definitely isn't a high priority though. Just something to consider if anyone gets the time.

ChaosSlayer
03-12-2008, 12:05 PM
the current guidebook has images up to GoD
For OoW Anguish has almost all models, except perhaps Murkdigler, Bazu and Discordling - anyhting you won't find in Anguish, is in Wall of Slaughter

DoN and DoD expansion a bit trickers, they have new models spread all over the place. But big chunk of DoN models can be found in Broodlands

the player race images kind of.. umm unnessesary =)
if you are a gm you can see them at ANY moment in game for any race =)
with exeption perhaps for robes

ChaosSlayer
04-04-2008, 03:13 AM
Geogre, found few missing items for your mediapedia =)

you are missing following shields:
11013 - tae ew shield (the huge flat thing with a gemstone, well known in eq world as THE GARAGE DOOR)

11018 - some luclin era shield (prabobly from Shadow Heaven)
11019 - some luclin era shield 2 (with dual eagle heads - Katta?)
11020 - seru shield

ChaosSlayer
04-04-2008, 03:32 AM
one more:

10691 - nautilos shield from LOY

GeorgeS
04-05-2008, 05:57 PM
Ah thanks - goto them. I'll start adding them in

GeorgeS

GeorgeS
04-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Sorry - meant to say - got them, and they will be shortly added in

GeorgeS

ChaosSlayer
04-08-2008, 07:19 PM
few more missing models: 8)

10738 - cool blusih ornate shield with jewels/diamonds
10754 - identical to as above

10833 - clockwork shield with rotating gizmos SMALL
10832 - clockwork shield with rotating gizmos LARGE

10827 - yet another shield
10826 - yet another shield 2
10790 - large shield with horns
10781 - yet another shield 3
10775 - yet another shield 4
10772 - yet another shield 5

GeorgeS
04-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Thanks, added these in today. Since I'm in Japan on business for several weeks, I will wait till I get back to upload the changes.

GeorgeS