PDA

View Full Version : Spell file help plz

killark
03-16-2008, 12:43 AM
i was playing on ez4x xp then switched to raid addicts then went back to ez4x now my spells are all messup up anyone able to post the correct spell file so i can fix this plz

Secrets
03-23-2008, 07:23 AM
I wouldn't know if I would consider this warez... mods?

It's a text file, but it isn't a titanium client.

I also see a lot of servers offering custom spells, without giving out backups.
But again, is it warez?

If it isn't, i'll post it here, but making sure before I do.

bowmaster
03-27-2008, 07:02 AM
hehe

ive got this problem i sorted it

then formatted now i lost the file

gues sit shoundt since its just sharing 1 file ,

then agen if its warez 50% of servers discus warez then

ChaosSlayer
03-27-2008, 10:47 AM
open spell file
go the end and type "ZZZZZZZ"
save file under new name.
close the file
open saved file
go the end and delete "ZZZZZZZ"

save the file

this file now your own personal property which you can give to anyone you like

TheLieka
03-30-2008, 04:34 AM
... and this concludes the demonstration of our revolutionary Hair Splitter 5000.

ChaosSlayer
03-30-2008, 04:55 AM
... and this concludes the demonstration of our revolutionary Hair Splitter 5000.

don't forget!
When you get our Hair Splitter, you get Post Drama Conditioner FREE :cool:

A question was posted month or two ago asking if distirbution of spell.txt is legal.
One of moderators replied that a text file which can be easily reproduced by hand, CAN be posted on these boards.

cavedude
03-30-2008, 07:51 AM
Are you saying that spells_en.txt is easily reproduced by hand? You're crazier than I am.

TheLieka
03-30-2008, 08:28 AM
I^honestly^don't^see^how^it^could^be^that^hard^to^ reproduce.
^^I^mean,^I^always^type^like^that^anyway.
^
^
^
Dax^

ChaosSlayer
03-30-2008, 08:59 AM
no
i write a program in VB which outputs all that crap in a text file :D

mattmeck
03-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Simple text files = eqhost

the spells file is easy to get, just copy the one from live, it works with titanium...

ChaosSlayer
03-30-2008, 12:54 PM
I would like to say the following.

1. take 30 min of your time and REINSTALL EQ-T.
2. now COPY entire EQ-T folder and paste it somewhere safe, and rename it into "ONLY OPEN IN CASE OF NUCLEAR WAR".

Now every time you screw up, delete, patch to life, or whatever, you just open your reserve copy and get those files from there.

I am SO GLAD I did this when I first got involved with Emu - I have screwed up my eq files at least 20 or 30 times! And if I had to reinstall EQ-T every time, I would have gone insane a while ago.

So, if you do not yet have copied your EQ folder- DO IT NOW :cool:

Angelox
03-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Impossible for me to screw mine up; I have my Titanium directory backed up on a DVD :)

I would like to say the following.

1. take 30 min of your time and REINSTALL EQ-T.
2. now COPY entire EQ-T folder and paste it somewhere safe, and rename it into "ONLY OPEN IN CASE OF NUCLEAR WAR".

Now every time you screw up, delete, patch to life, or whatever, you just open your reserve copy and get those files from there.

I am SO GLAD I did this when I first got involved with Emu - I have screwed up my eq files at least 20 or 30 times! And if I had to reinstall EQ-T every time, I would have gone insane a while ago.

So, if you do not yet have copied your EQ folder- DO IT NOW :cool:

Littlekill
03-31-2008, 06:19 PM
geez, sure is hard around here to get a simple txt file

AndMetal
03-31-2008, 06:46 PM
I think I posted this in another thread, but have no idea where it's tucked away.

Here's a post (http://andmetal.net/smforum/index.php?topic=17.msg128#msg128) from the forums for my server:

Quote from: Xarain on February 10, 2008, 01:33:21 AM (http://andmetal.net/smforum/index.php?topic=17.msg127#msg127)

hmm i am able to summon them too but they appear to be "blank" on my screen - item files missing?

cheers,

It sounds like you don't have the UI files with the later icons. They are contained in the dragitem??.tga files under uifiles\default in your EQ directory. There are 36 (6x6) 40px X 40px icons in each dragitem file. Titanium includes dragitem 1-34 (although 34 only has a couple of icons in it). The later expansions take them all the way up to 59

You can actually download them directly from the official EQ patcher with the following: http://patch.everquest.com:7000/patch/everquest/en/patch1/main/uifiles/default/[filename].gz

So, as an example, this is a link to dragitem59.tga: http://patch.everquest.com:7000/patch/everquest/en/patch1/main/uifiles/default/dragitem59.tga.gz

You can also do the same with the spells_us.txt file, or any other file for that matter: http://patch.everquest.com:7000/patch/everquest/en/patch1/main/spells_us.txt.gz

Then, once you've downloaded the file, you can extract it (I use WinRAR).

I haven't tested it on my client yet, so I'm not sure if it will even work properly, but it should in theory.

Just right-click on that link next to the red text & choose Save As.

Like mattmeck mentioned above, this is compatible with the Titanium client, so it will work fine. And it's directly from the Sony patcher, so it's not warez.