PDA

View Full Version : Is the CVS repository current ?

Bulle
03-30-2008, 01:08 AM
I am installing some EQEmu server on my Linux box and I grabbed the Development branch from CVS. When I did that I found no difference with a CVS check-out I had done a few weeks ago.

Is the EQEmu source code regularly committed to CVS, or just in chunks ? Or do I have a problem with my command-line ? Here is the command I use for checking-out (must come straight from the Wiki if I remember well) :

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@eqemulator.cvs.sourceforge.net :/cvsroot/eqemulator co -r Development -P EQEmuCVS

The real question is : is that the way to get the latest current version, or should I just download the latest source TGZ file which dates back from 2008/02/29 ? I have read several posts where people mention significant changes in the combat code and I wanted to make sure I am current with that.

moydock
03-30-2008, 09:25 AM
If you look at the download page there hasn't been an update in a month.
http://www.eqemulator.net/download.php

Bulle
03-31-2008, 03:27 PM
This is true, for the download page. Last update is end of February. I was wondering whether the CVS repository would hold "intermediate" code commits. The download directory seemed most current. Hence my question.

corvanus
04-09-2008, 10:46 PM
im not sure on this one to be honest before i started going on the forums a while back they updated the source alot faster seems to be a bit of a dry spell or something

Cripp
04-09-2008, 10:57 PM
the MAIN tag has the current source.. same as downloads page.
http://eqemulator.cvs.sourceforge.net/eqemulator/

corvanus
04-10-2008, 12:16 AM
i believe hes asking about if ther eis any work done on any of the other branches like development branch because he wants to work with the very latest code not whats in downloads

Cripp
04-10-2008, 12:51 AM
the very latest code is where i just said.. the MAIN tag in the sourceforge CVS.. it gets updated there before the builds on the downloads page.

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@eqemulator.cvs.sourceforge.net :/cvsroot/eqemulator co -P EQEmuCVS

cavedude
04-10-2008, 06:46 AM
Also to note, the downloads section is always no more than a day behind CVS. (Usually about 12 hours or so) So, if downloads hasn't been updated in a while, neither has CVS.

Cripp is correct, you want the MAIN branch, Development isn't updated anymore.

Bulle
04-10-2008, 05:52 PM
That clears it out, thank you. I guess I can stick to the downloads if it is updated at almost the same time as CVS.