PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with spell editing

Fenthic
04-03-2008, 03:54 AM
I am still new to all this so bare with me please. I got a server running 0.7.0-1103 with PEQ 1102G DB. I know of some of the spell editors I have both OpenSpell and PEQ Database Editor. What we are wanting to do is move some of the spells around, change the level on a few of them, and open some up to other classes. No matter what changes I make in OpenSpell or PEQ it never takes effect in game. Like Spirit of the Wolf we edit it to allow say the magician can have it as well. We get it all changed in OpenSpell or PEQ, magician buys it in game but it says "your class can never use this" when you try to memorize it.

I am guessing i am missing something simple but not seeing it. Is there a file that these programs create that need to be sourced in? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

P.S. I hope this is the right forum for this. If not my apologizes.

ChaosSlayer
04-03-2008, 04:07 AM
lest start with a simple thing.
when you produce an update spell file, it must be copied into:

a) your server files folder
b) to EQ folder of EACH player

another thing- make sure that spell scroll itself is useable by that class.
if you set the spell, but not the scroll, the mage simply will not be able to scribe it.

Fenthic
04-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Yeah that was simple enough. While I had the scrolls updated to accept the new classes and the modified spell file on the server, i didn not added the new files to the client. Moment i transferred it to my client folder the spells are functioning now. Thank you ChaosSlayer, needless to say i feel like a idiot :-D now for missing something so easy.