PDA

View Full Version : take a look at this info MOFO hehe

chocobo
06-23-2002, 06:16 PM
EverQuest Patch version 1.2.2
(c) 2000 Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

EverQuest file update failed. If the problem persists, contact your network administrator or internet service provider for assistance.
(patch.everquest.com:7000TCP)

* ERROR *: Host not found. No DNS entry for host.

If this is your first time playing EverQuest, refer to "Troubleshooting Your Connection" in "EverQuest_Manual.txt"in your EverQuest folder.

Now the EQ people said i need to contact my isp. and tell them about the dns entry for host so hoping it works. and if any one can tell me how this even happened.
All i can tell you is that i think i did it by using emu without eqw and using patcher then changing host? maybe yall help me out a lil trying to get to the bottom of this!
;)

a_Guest03
06-24-2002, 04:32 AM
I worked at an ISP for a while, so I'll take a stab at it. First, make sure you're connected to the internet before trying to update. Second, if you have a firewall, make sure it's functioning correctly. Third, check if you have DNS entries in your dial-up settings. If it's automatic from the end of your ISP, just tell them that you had a problem connecting to them (AFTER doing steps 1 & 2 and making sure it still doesn't work). They might give you numbers to just type in. If that doesn't work, I'll pluck your feathers.

Watch your back, Chocobo! I'm scary, according to the poll! :mad:

Good luck!

"What do you guys think about Al Gore? Well, that is a man that I would like to.... YES!" The bum in the Steak & Shake by Ohio State University, before asking for money

Jon
06-24-2002, 07:57 AM
ahhhhh! its a guest! KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL IT!!!

chocobo
06-24-2002, 03:56 PM
hahaThis poll doesnt make sense does it just relized that?:p omfg haha

chocobo
06-29-2002, 11:57 AM
hey Jon send me an email buddy about the system. Chocobo_x83@hotamail.com. Ill send a pic as soon as i can contact you freind, as i see you have been banned haha omfg . btw what was that for saw the great avatar muhahaha lol.:p

somedude
07-01-2002, 08:38 AM
chocobo pm me, email is down so I cant email you :( I had to use recovery cd and it deleted EVERYTHING except windows xp, so I had to reinstall my cable modem etc etc etc