PDA

View Full Version : MySQL Connector/ODBC 3.51 Installer

wysh
05-25-2008, 09:20 PM
I've been trying to get GeorgeS's tools to run for an hour or so now. I'm a little stumped. I downloaded the ODBC Drivers from his page, and when I attempted to install them I am stuck with:

"Error 1918.Error installing ODBC driver MySQL driver 3.51 Driver, ODBC error -: . Verify that the file MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver exists and that you can access it."

So I googled MySQL ODBC 3.51 and downloaded the appropriate msi installer from the MySQL page. Same error. Then I tried the exe, which also failed. I then searched for "myodbc dll" and came up with nothing.

I'm trying here, but not qutie certain about what I'm trying to do. If I download GeorgeS's ODBC Drivers, then shouldn't I be in the process of installing the MySQL ODBC driver? Am I right to think that this is telling me that I don't have the very file I am trying to install?

Search yieleded more MySQL issues, but nothing like this, which leads me to believe I am missing something big and easy. I'm no expert at any of this, just trying to scrap by with Cavedude's PEQ installer set up for MiniLogin.

GeorgeS's little tutorial at the bottom of his page didn't seem to apply exactly. Where should I look?

GeorgeS
05-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Weird error -- are you running vista? If so, then no ODBC drivers should be required. Vista at least on my test machine worked out of the box.

There should be no problem with XP however, just run the exe or installer. Makre sure you are the administrator. It has to be something with admin access, since I've installed this on very other machine at home - 2 quads running either XP or Win2K, 1 vista laptop (works without ODBC) and an xp laptop - all work ok. This has to be something specific with your machine.

Can anyone help him out?

GeorgeS

wysh
05-25-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm running XP. I should note that it is a gutted version of XP, TinyXP Beast Edition to be specific. Perhaps I am missing some kind of key installation?

wysh
05-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Here's another clue that may help-- When I run Grid Editor.exe from the GeorgeS_EQEmu_Files, I get this error:

"Run-time error '91': Object variable or With block variable not set"

Excuse my ignorance, maybe this is something obvious. Do I need some kind of VB drivers?

GeorgeS
05-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Yeah the TinyXp has minimal drivers and perhaps no VB/.net runtimes. That edition won't work at all. Certain services are not running compared to the full XP install. You should run the full XP home/pro edition.

GeorgeS

trevius
05-25-2008, 09:52 PM
I would guess this is related to the weird version of XP you are running. Is this for some kinda portable device? Any chance you can run normal XP?

Most apps are designed with certain OS's in mind and without knowing exactly what TinyXP is, it is hard for me to say if the ODBC driver install should work or not. If you try to install a windows only app on a Linux PC, you are obviously going to run into problems. I suspect you are having a similar issue. There must be something missing from the core of the OS that is causing it. You should do more research on your version of XP if you can find anything to help with that...

Also, maybe if you download and install .net framework, it might be one thing to try.

wysh
05-25-2008, 10:03 PM
Hmm, damn. I do have the .NET framework, though. Maybe someday I'll reformat. Thanks for the help, guys!