PDA

View Full Version : Item is out of charges

johnblack100
05-27-2008, 07:12 AM
Hi George,
I seem to be having a problem when trying to add 'click effect item' to a weapon.
For example I added A complete Heal click effect to my weapon
I have your latest version of Eq Item Editor and I can successfully add a click item effect, however when I use it in game I get a message 'Item is out of charges'

Not sure if I am doing something wrong or I need to change something or is there a way to change the amount of charges to the item.

Can you assist?

GeorgeS
05-27-2008, 10:36 AM
I would suggest copying a weapon with a click effect first. Then try add these
casttime=6000
casttime_=6000
clicktype=4
maxcharges=-1
clickeffect=13

Hope it works

GeorgeS

qumdaan
05-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Cheers mate,
all worked out good your instructions help heaps
thanks alot

GeorgeS
05-28-2008, 10:03 PM
One more customer served :)

GeorgeS

erik_llewellyn
05-28-2008, 11:23 PM
I also noted the same message ingame after using your EQ Items program to load my magelo profile. It seemed any item with a click effect loaded to the character as out of charges, yet they were all items with infinite charges. Ex: water sprinkler of nem ank, blazing vambraces, ect. I had to delete the item from my character in game, then summon it to get the click effects to work.

I am not sure if this is because of magelo imports not defaulting to a click count of -1 instead of null or 0, or if it's the EQ Items program not having the value defaulted to -1 if no value is imported.

GeorgeS
05-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the tip - I never thought of looking into the character inventory profile - to see if that's what causing the item charges to go to 0

I'll see if I can figure it out tonight
GeorgeS

GeorgeS
05-29-2008, 10:20 PM
Ok this likely came from magelo import. In the inventory, the charges are 0 when they should be 255 (infinite). Thus the only solution is to use the item editor - click on the item till the stats show, right click to drop the item then drag it back and save. I tried it and it works in game.

GeorgeS

erik_llewellyn
05-31-2008, 09:15 AM
Thanks for looking into this and getting a workaround so fast.

It would be nice if the profile importer automatically changed the charges field to 255, but since not all items have infinite charges, it would require a list to be made, referanced, and updated/maintained wich is way more effort than simple doing as you said ;)