PDA

View Full Version : Azone Patch

Derision
06-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Here is a patch to fix some issues with the version of azone distributed with the server source:

http://www.rama.demon.co.uk/azone.patch

The differences against the stock code are:

Fixes a couple of instances where polys are missed out of a facelist, leaving 'holes' in the ground.
Handles the different size of the Vertex struct in V3 EQGs
Handles all the Titanium EQGs without the need for manual offset hacking
Includes geometry up to Z=3000 rather than Z=620 (Using Z=620 misses the higher parts of zones such
as Frontier Mountains and Dreadlands).

It was mentioned to me that the fear code had some issues in the EQG versions of TutorialB and Lavastorm,
so I generated some new ones with this patch applied and did some testing in those two zones and didn't
see any instances of feared mobs disappearing through walls (although my testing was limited).

KLS
06-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Works well, even on some maps that have been problematic in the past such as east wastes.

Angelox
06-01-2008, 10:03 PM
I'd say this is a pretty major fix, I can't find anything walking through hills or walls anymore.
Rest of the "hoppers" are gone too.

Thanks Derision!

cavedude
06-01-2008, 10:25 PM
I'd have to agree, this patch works very well.

trevius
06-02-2008, 01:38 AM
I don't fully understand what that does, so my question is; Does this replace the need for .map files for each and every zone to have LoS? Or is that something completely different? And if this does effect LoS, does that mean that using this will allow the newer Titanium zones like DoD and DoN to work with proper LoS so they can finally be populated and used?

If so, then that is AMAZING lol!

Thanks, and sorry for my ignorance. I haven't read much on the subject of azone, eqg, or .map files to know much of what they do other than I am pretty sure .maps tell the server the 3D layout of the zone for LoS on spells and mob agro.

Or, is this patch just for pathing? Even still, it sounds great and I will be checking it out for sure! I love major breakthroughs like this :D

KLS
06-02-2008, 02:22 AM
Azone is the utility that produces the .map files. Currently it has some issues with some maps, even some older ones but especially with some newer ones that this addresses.

John Adams
06-02-2008, 03:12 AM
I've always been interested in this little app. I got it to compile with the patch on Linux (FC8) but when I run it on draniksewersa.eqg, it just says unable to open draniksewersa.eqg or s3d. So just to test, I copied over an older zone (dreadlands.s3d) and this one started the Loading dreadlands.s3d, then failed with a Segmentation fault.

Anyone care to give us a refresher course on how this works? Seems a few of you got it to work with no problem. So I must be missing something.

Thanks,
-J

KLS
06-02-2008, 05:41 AM
I'm not really sure on the mechanics of running it under a unix system. I actually wasted a day porting it to windows(hooray that was ... fun). Quite simply azone [zonename]. It will add the ext on it's own so it would be azone tutorialb and not azone tutorialb.eqg for example. Beyond that I'm not sure what would cause any such problems, perhaps someone else can comment.

Derision
06-02-2008, 06:04 AM
I copied over an older zone (dreadlands.s3d) and this one started the Loading dreadlands.s3d, then failed with a Segmentation fault.

Anyone care to give us a refresher course on how this works? Seems a few of you got it to work with no problem. So I must be missing something.

On Linux it is just a case of make & run.

Are you using binary mode in ftp when copying the files over to your Linux box ?
Just on a hunch I copied one over using ftp and didn't specify binary mode and I get a segfault in S3d_Init:

entwiss@zaphod ~/EQEmu-0.7.0-1091/utils/azone $ ulimit -c unlimited
entwiss@zaphod ~/EQEmu-0.7.0-1091/utils/azone $ ./azone arena
Loading arena.s3d...
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
entwiss@zaphod ~/EQEmu-0.7.0-1091/utils/azone $ gdb ./azone core
GNU gdb 6.7.1
Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu"...
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

warning: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.
Reading symbols from /lib/libz.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libz.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/libstdc++.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/libstdc++.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/libm.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libm.so.6
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/libgcc_s.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.2/libgcc_s.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/libc.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libc.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/ld-linux.so.2
Core was generated by `./azone arena'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0 0x0804ee96 in S3D_Init (obj=0xbfdc96fc, fp=0x8057008) at s3d.c:82
82 obj->files[running] = ftell(fp) - 12;
(gdb)

If you are using an ftp command line client, always enter the 'bin' command before using put or get.

John Adams
06-02-2008, 12:56 PM
Ahh ok, I'll try again. Using FileZilla and I think it's set to automatic.

I'll report back if I just noob'd it. :) Thanks both.

John Adams
06-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Nah oh well, still gives me the Segmentation fault on dreadlands.s3d using Binary in FileZilla and Windoze command line FTP. I'll mess with it on a few other zone files later.

John Adams
06-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Ok the 5 minute rule is a little ridiculous. Sorry about the spam.

Following your commands, here's my simulation;

[root@vmg-swg azone]# ulimit -c unlimited
[root@vmg-swg azone]# ./azone dreadlands
Loading dreadlands.s3d...
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
[root@vmg-swg azone]# gdb ./azone core.31660
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.6-45.fc8rh)
Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu"...
Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".

warning: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.
Reading symbols from /lib64/libz.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib64/libz.so.1
Reading symbols from /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib64/libm.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib64/libm.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib64/libgcc_s.so.1...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib64/libgcc_s.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib64/libc.so.6...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib64/libc.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
Core was generated by `./azone dreadlands'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0 0x00000033aba79010 in strcmp () from /lib64/libc.so.6
(gdb)

Oh shit. I just remembered this was a 64-bit OS. Is that a problem? :)

Angelox
06-02-2008, 01:15 PM
I made a new map pack and am uploading it to Rathe Forums downloads area. it has all the updated map zone files from the Titanium expansion - it is a large file so it takes a while, I'll post here when its ready.

Derision
06-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Oh shit. I just remembered this was a 64-bit OS. Is that a problem? :)

I've not used 64-bit Linux, but it wouldn't surprise me if that is the problem, e.g. the code makes assumptions that certain data types are a given size (e.g. a long integer is 32 bits). If the size or alignment of data types is different for code generated by 64-bit GCC, then that would break things.

Angelox
06-02-2008, 02:30 PM
The files are posted at Legacy of the Rathe (http://eq.ismg.ch/mirkwood/news.php) "general files" in "downloads". You have to be a member in order to see the downloads area - called "New updated Map pack". I also dumped the water maps from Titanium, in case the original dump I got elsewhere was incomplete (posted under "Latest WaterMaps").

John Adams
06-02-2008, 02:43 PM
I've not used 64-bit Linux, but it wouldn't surprise me if that is the problem, e.g. the code makes assumptions that certain data types are a given size (e.g. a long integer is 32 bits). If the size or alignment of data types is different for code generated by 64-bit GCC, then that would break things.

Ok, sorry for not mentioning that. I forgot, myself... that VM is so old. I'll make a new FC8 x86 VM and try it again.

trevius
06-02-2008, 08:55 PM
The files are posted at Legacy of the Rathe (http://eq.ismg.ch/mirkwood/news.php) "general files" in "downloads". You have to be a member in order to see the downloads area - called "New updated Map pack". I also dumped the water maps from Titanium, in case the original dump I got elsewhere was incomplete (posted under "Latest WaterMaps").

Thanks, Angelox!

I wanted to note that you will have to register on his site before you will be able to see the download.

Also, I was wondering if you redid all of them, or only certain ones?

Angelox
06-02-2008, 09:19 PM
I made a GIANT batch file and in it are all s3d zone files i could find in the Titanium edition directory. I figured that's all we really need for this - it must have been around one gig of sd3s when I finally got them all cropped out. I pretty much covered them all. The water maps might have more maps too. What I had before was a mixture of maps I made and downloaded, but now I'm pretty sure I got them all covered with this package, what you see in this package is what I re-did.

Angelox
06-02-2008, 10:10 PM
John tells me there's still 100+ zones not in the package - I see Azone does eqg files too now, so I'll do them and post also in a while.

John Adams
06-03-2008, 12:40 AM
Aye, I couldn't connect here for a while so I hit you up on your site :)

You could get fancy and use a "for" loop if you wanted to just go through all zone files. But I guess more than zones have the extension s3d and eqg... If you are doing this on linux, I am not sure of the bash command similar to DOS "for / do"

xxarthurxx
06-03-2008, 12:56 AM
John tells me there's still 100+ zones not in the package - I see Azone does eqg files too now, so I'll do them and post also in a while.

Thanks so much Angelox! I will be waiting for these impatiently :D

Angelox
06-03-2008, 09:56 AM
I only have limited space at the Rathe Forums, and I guess i used it up with the maps package. I'm waiting for Leara to open me up some more for the eqg package. Meanwhile, here's a temporary spot (http://btconline.net/~cyndi22/files/eqg_maps.tar.gz) where you can grab it.
When you de-compress this one and unload them into your /Maps be careful what you overwrite! You may already have the proper maps from the s3d dump. I left out Lavastorm and Nektulos since we already have the good ones from the sd3.
But Bazaar and a few more are there and I use the original.
I noticed many more maps that got made (i didn't have) in this one.
If anyone sees any other map they want made, post and i'll do it.

erde
06-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Thanx Angelox!

I have setup a mirror for the map archives.

eqg_maps.tar.gz (http://78.46.74.105/eqg_maps.tar.gz)
NewMaps.tar.gz (http://78.46.74.105/NewMaps.tar.gz)
NewWaterMaps.tar.gz (http://78.46.74.105/NewWaterMaps.tar.gz)

So_1337
06-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Great work Derision, and thanks for the hosting and mirrors, Angelox and Erde :)

John Adams
06-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Nice work, Angelox. Thanks for doing this. I'll test them out today. I am a little confused by what you mean by "we already have good ones from s3d". Aren't the eqg's newer zone formats? I know no one likes the Titanium Nektulos (gods, please let me use the one from the Live Progression servers!) but I do not so much mind Lavastorm or Bazaar as it is in Titanium.

Maybe you can make a smaller pack with just the dupe zones in it? Then the admin can decide what to apply.

Angelox
06-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Well, it's not what we like, but what we got - for example, Lavastorm is already spawned with the old sd3 , so if you go to eqg update, you have to respawn and redo everything.

I also noticed something I believe is new with these maps;
I've been working on all the boats these past weeks, since I added the new maps, boats would turn up in the air or under water - I guess what happened is, with the old Maps, boats used the Z coord from their spawnpoint, and ignored what ever Z coords that were in the grid waypoints. With the new maps, Z coord is now used in grids, so if you had a Z coord you made while setting the WPs too high, your boat will be headed there. What I did was, go back to the grids and set all the Z coords too the original spawn point of the boat (this is the way it should have been anyways). Anyways, when ever we finish the new AX_CLASSIC database update, all those fixes will be there.

Angelox
06-03-2008, 04:49 PM
I also just got the "eqg_maps.tar.gz" file posted at Rathe Forums.

trevius
06-04-2008, 06:30 AM
WOOT! Those eqg maps work great! Unless I am wrong, I think we now FINALLY have full access to use all zones in Titanium!

Thanks a TON, Angelox and Derision!

Angelox
06-04-2008, 10:51 AM
WOOT! Those eqg maps work great! Unless I am wrong, I think we now FINALLY have full access to use all zones in Titanium!

Thanks a TON, Angelox and Derision!

I shouldn't be getting any credit for this, Derision is the man to thank , he's done some incredible things for this project; to me, he is a Developer, just like some of the others that have done good work here. I wonder if there are any plans to put this update in the source?
I know what it feels like to not have access to Azone, because either it doesn't compile, or have a windows server - Then, have to beg for weeks just to get some new map files.
This Emulator is still alpha right? even if it were beta, I think ALL reasonable fixes need to go in the source asap.

TheLieka
06-04-2008, 11:51 AM
For ServerOps that want to continue using the original zones (nektulos, lavastorm, arena, oasis, sro, nro, etc) are there updated .map files of the old versions of these zones as well?

Thanks,
Dax

Angelox
06-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Yea, first unpack the eqg converted maps, then unpack the new (s3d) map pack on top , over write anything there. This will give you all the old zones with the updated maps.

John Adams
06-04-2008, 12:28 PM
This Emulator is still alpha right?
That's probably both the funniest and scariest thing I've read in years.

This is a pretty damn long alpha, 0.7.0 for 2 years now? :)

Angelox
06-04-2008, 01:31 PM
That's probably both the funniest and scariest thing I've read in years.

This is a pretty damn long alpha, 0.7.0 for 2 years now? :)

At one time, I was thinking of pushing for Beta status - really, the game is totally playable now, no reason to keep it as an alpha.
But in reality, there are so few of the people that own the source, really care about anything at all, it's not worth the effort.
Best thing to do, is probably what we're dong now; post diffs and updates and we'll swap what we have. This is how my AX databases got started; I wasn't willing to wait for someone to make changes when they felt like it.

Derision
06-04-2008, 05:11 PM
I wonder if there are any plans to put this update in the source?

I don't want to take this thread off-topic, but to be fair to KLS, who is doing a great job as the main (only?) active Developer, I wouldn't commit this code to CVS either until it had been tested for more than a couple of days :)

Scorpious2k
06-04-2008, 06:05 PM
KLS, who is doing a great job as the main (only?) active Developer

Not the only one any more, for the record.

Scorpious2k
06-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Getting back on topic - sort of - has anyone done a windows version of azone, or am I looking at an old version?

Angelox
06-04-2008, 06:59 PM
I don't want to take this thread off-topic, but to be fair to KLS, who is doing a great job as the main (only?) active Developer, I wouldn't commit this code to CVS either until it had been tested for more than a couple of days :)

I didn't mean KLS or anyone else who is doing work on this project - on the topic of when to put new code into the source, You Derision, are a trusted coder, new code needs to be tested, the best way to test it, is to publicize it in the main source so we all can try it out, post feed back - Thats what this is all about. How will we ever know if we don't test it?
When I download new source, I don't expect it to be perfect, I understand it might have bugs, and the Devs might want feedback on that.
Someone just starting here with codefixes, you might want to watch - but you don't need that, what you need is for your code to be tested so you can fix the bugs, just like we did with the water codes and the mob hopping.

Really glad to have your help Scorpious2k, very appreciated and needed!

KLS
06-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Getting back on topic - sort of - has anyone done a windows version of azone, or am I looking at an old version?

When I put this in source I have some changes that should make it *easier* to compile on windows as well.

Scorpious2k
06-04-2008, 07:39 PM
When I put this in source I have some changes that should make it *easier* to compile on windows as well.

Then I will wait and see what you have done. I had started doing the same thing.

quadroplex
06-05-2008, 08:05 AM
It boggles my mind that it was only developed for nix in the first place, seems kind of ass backwards to me considering EQ is a windows app, it requires the eq client zone files, and most people do still use windows to at minimum play the game.

John Adams
06-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Linux.

Tastes Great.
Less Filling.

quadroplex
06-05-2008, 03:39 PM
linux is ok dont get me wrong, but for gaming? Its not quite so hot to trot takes alot more work to get a game running on linux then it does on windows, not to mention this project is os independant so nothing in the official source distro should be os dependant

John Adams
06-05-2008, 05:29 PM
I wouldn't consider running (windows) games on the linux platform. I am speaking solely from a server administration standpoint. Things just run better on linux imo.

trevius
06-06-2008, 12:19 AM
Running Linux is superior to Windows in so many ways for running a server that anyone with the technical skills to do so, should without doubt do it.

Advantages of Linux over Windows:

1. No player ghosts caused when players exit the game. On Windows, these plague server performance for RAM, CPU and most importantly upload bandwidth.

2. All networking is done better for database editing changes remotely. Changing the database on the Linux Server from a remote PC (even a windows PC) is just as fast as editing it on the server itself. Remote database changes (especially using tools like GeorgeS' Tools) take 10+ seconds per change if you are making them from a windows to windows connection.

3. System resources are noticeably less when running Linux instead of Windows. I can get 100+ players on and only be using around 1GB of RAM and 25% average CPU load, and not even touch the Virtual memory (and I have 2GBs of RAM).

4. Stability seems to be considerably better with Linux. Zones still crash if they are overloaded when players are AEing a ton of mobs, but it seemed much worse on windows.

5. Webmin tools to remotely manage every aspect of your server.

6. Security is much better on Linux than Windows.

The only negative part of Linux that I can think of is that it is considerably more complex to setup than Windows, but the wiki by Andmetal gives a perfect step by step guide to get the server up and running. I also plan to add some more notes that I have learned along the way with the Debian build that I think will help people tune their server and get additional features working for it.

ChaosSlayer
06-22-2008, 01:29 AM
i am conplitly confused.... did you guys released NEW package of .maps for the server????

cuase I keep seeing "overwright sd3 and egg..." arent those client files????
someone PLEASE enlighten me =)

Derision
06-22-2008, 03:47 AM
i am conplitly confused.... did you guys released NEW package of .maps for the server????

cuase I keep seeing "overwright sd3 and egg..." arent those client files????
someone PLEASE enlighten me =)

The new package of .maps is for the server. Azone reads the .S3D and .EQG files from the client and uses the information in them to generates the .map files which you then copy into the Maps directory on your server. Nothing is actually changed or added on the client side of things.

If people are saying 'overwrite s3d and eqg', what they mean is overwrite the .map files generated from the .s3d and .eqg files.

ChaosSlayer
06-22-2008, 12:00 PM
ah thank you much i was getting so confused, i see a couple links posted for downloads- which one is the latest one?

Angelox
06-22-2008, 12:21 PM
ah thank you much i was getting so confused, i see a couple links posted for downloads- which one is the latest one?

Go to Rathe Forums and download "New updated map pack" this should have everything included, void the fixed arena PVP zones, but that's a quick download posted here at the forums.

ChaosSlayer
06-22-2008, 12:52 PM
thanks Angelox.
I am trying to register at your site but I am getign an error "your email is invalid" =)

Angelox
06-22-2008, 12:55 PM
thanks Angelox.
I am trying to register at your site but I am getign an error "your email is invalid" =)

Ok let me check it out -

Angelox
06-22-2008, 01:06 PM
ChaosSlayer check your PM

ChaosSlayer
06-22-2008, 01:55 PM
ok i got the files, but when i try to open them with Winzip I get an error - unable to open after reading 0 entries.

thought .tar is supose to work with winzip... (updated it too just now)
any sugestions?

Derision
06-22-2008, 01:58 PM
ok i got the files, but when i try to open them with Winzip I get an error - unable to open after reading 0 entries.

thought .tar is supose to work with winzip... (updated it too just now)
any sugestions?

I use WinRAR and that opens tar.gz files OK. I don't know about winzip.

ChaosSlayer
06-22-2008, 02:03 PM
ah thanks - rar works great!

ok final question.

does new maps made for both new/old nektulus/Lava?

I been told that new nektulus is somehow broken? or is working now?

also new lava seem to be nicer than old one

so I am trying to figure which are which

one more question- where do water maps go? soem place as other maps?

Angelox
06-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Download the eqg map pack and overwrite with the new map you want - the full map pack defaults to whatever zone is currently working with the present databases.
I think if you want the new Lava or Nect, then you have to spawn it and fix zonelines
watermaps go in with the /Maps

ChaosSlayer
06-22-2008, 02:19 PM
so there is no .map for new lava?

by spawn you mean - mobs? mobs i don't realy care for since i will redoing them anyway from scratch

and any idea on how to create new zone lines? since new lava has like 2 extra zone outs?

thanks =)

Angelox
06-22-2008, 02:27 PM
so there is no .map for new lava?
by spawn you mean - mobs? mobs i don't realy care for since i will redoing them anyway from scratch
and any idea on how to create new zone lines? since new lava has like 2 extra zone outs?
thanks =)

I'm not sure exactly how the maps work - but I kept older, S3d converted maps where old/already spawned zones exist.
But the newer eqg converted maps are posted at the Rathe too. You could get whatever map you wanted, and overwrite what you have now.
As for zonelines, that's probably hard coded in the client, so unless Titanium client has the provisions for them, it may not work.
If I were doing the zone, I wouldn't waste much time on trying to figure it out (I'm a C++ dummy), I'd use invisible "NPC zoners ", they work just as good, and that way I could get on with spawning the zone.

Angelox
06-22-2008, 02:44 PM
First, let me "elaborate" on that zone line thing - maybe the new zone lines are coded into the new maps?

All the map are new (s3d or eqg), because Derision has updated Azone with more features, read this thread from the start, and you'll see. Azone also makes/includes more eqg maps (the newer zones don't use s3d, only eqg), and improves what was there too- so all the maps are improved.

This was a reply to a post I thought I saw here from you Chaos, but its' gone now.

ChaosSlayer
06-22-2008, 02:54 PM
I'd use invisible "NPC zoners ", they work just as good, and that way I could get on with spawning the zone.

aye thats what i was thinking

I just tested few things around.

the NEW Lava seem to load ok, the zoning from new lava to old zones (SolA, Nektulus) work fine. the zoning into new DoN zones don't work (not realy important however)

of course I am most concern for LOS - if there is no LOS map for new Lava it won't be playable

among the maps I got of your site- there is only ONE .map for Lava and its NOT in the eqg package so i assume its the OLD Lava LOS .map? (there is no another Lava map in the eqg package)

there is also only ONE nektulusa.map - which is assume is NEW nektulos.
there is nektulus map in the "newmaps"

Derision
06-22-2008, 02:54 PM
First, let me "elaborate" on that zone line thing - maybe the new zone lines are coded into the new maps?

The .map files have no zone line information in them, purely geometry for Line-of-Sight and BestZ calculations.

The .wtr (water map files) do include areas that are marked as zone lines in the S3D files, however this information is currently not used by the server (and is not complete enough to use, i.e. it is just marked in the .wtr file as a zone line, with no information as to which zone it leads to).

The client may however use the zone line information from the S3D for deciding when to ask the server to move it to a new zone. It's not an area I've looked at.

Angelox
06-22-2008, 03:08 PM
among the maps I got of your site- there is only ONE .map for Lava and its NOT in the eqg package so i assume its the OLD Lava LOS .map? (there is no another Lava map in the eqg package)
there is also only ONE nektulusa.map - which is assume is NEW nektulos.
there is nektulus map in the "newmaps"

I know what happened; since I have the eqg files for those zones deleted on my client, the batch didn't catch them.
give me a while, and I'll make/post the new maps for you

ChaosSlayer
06-22-2008, 03:11 PM
I know what happened; since I have the eqg files for those zones deleted on my client, the batch didn't catch them.
give me a while, and I'll make/post the new maps for you

ok thanks =)

I am curious thought why did you had new nektulos and not old one- since your server suppose to be classic =)

this is of course given i read file names right- may want to check on that.

but overall if ist not too much trouble- please generate .map for all 4:
old nek
new nek
old lava
new lava

thanks again =)

Angelox
06-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Seems lava map got made, but Nektulos did not -
Bad file header in ZON nektulos
Error reading ZON from nektulos.eqg
I posted what did get made at Rathe

ChaosSlayer
06-22-2008, 05:45 PM
thanks Angelox!

one more thing- does anyone have an in game map for old nektulus?
(you know those ingame maps that come out with LOY)

cuase Titanium comes with new map which is not any good if will be using old zone =)

ChaosSlayer
06-22-2008, 06:08 PM
ahh good news I found OLD in game maps followign ancient link from famous EqAtlas

http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?groupname=seq&filename=colormaps.zip&use_mirror=internap

this SHOUDL contains in game maps for old nektulus and old lava

BTW, apperently on live they changed nektulus once again. Nek 3.0 now looks 99% like original old Nek (layout wise) but done in new graphics

trevius
06-22-2008, 06:48 PM
You can probably also find most ingame maps at www.mapfiend.net

Angelox
06-22-2008, 06:54 PM
What I understand from what I've seen is, S3d files remain unchanged. I still have a triology CD, and have compared the s3d files there with titanium s3d's, and what i saw was all the same. You can look into the the s3d files(now and before), and see the same stuff.
What changes the zones and their "look" are in the *.eqgs, <zone>_assets.txt, <zone>_chr.txt.
probably, when you go to change your Nektulos zone, you will have to alter some of these client files, and then anyone who plays, will need your altered files.
In tutorialb i was able to bring the new style tradskill ovens, forges, etc., also the cave that exists there - but I had to alter the *.txt files mentioned. anyone who wants to see this, has to do the same with their client.

Angelox
06-22-2008, 06:56 PM
thanks Angelox!

one more thing- does anyone have an in game map for old nektulus?
(you know those ingame maps that come out with LOY)

cuase Titanium comes with new map which is not any good if will be using old zone =)

Did you download the client map pack I have posted at Rathe? you will see both old and new maps stacked, in those zones- I Imagine you could separated them

ChaosSlayer
06-22-2008, 07:05 PM
You can probably also find most ingame maps at www.mapfiend.net

yeah, minor problem with them that they have only newest maps - you won't find old nek/lava there

Angelox- yeah I see them now thanks =)

ChaosSlayer
06-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Angelox, there is something I just realised.

the NEW Nektulus file goes under a diffirent name- it goes under "nektulosa"
which is a recognized zone name coded into client

which means, by logic, you should be able to have BOTH zones enable at the same time without any problems - prety much like tutorial, tutoriala and tutorialb - are 3 diffirent zones - they do not overwright each other.

perhaps this information can help you to produce a .map for NEW nektulos?

cavedude
06-23-2008, 12:16 AM
nektulosa is Nektulos 3.0, and there is a map for it. nektulos.s3d is nektulos 1.0 and also has a map. The one that is missing is nektulos 2.0 which is nektulos.eqg, but really, we aren't missing much. PEQ isn't ever going to use that zone since both 1.0 and 3.0 are vastly superior. You can use two nektulos at the same time, however you must choose between 1.0 and 2.0, you can't run both.

ChaosSlayer
06-23-2008, 12:39 AM
ahh, how come no one ever mentioned this before - of course I would love to have 3.0

cavedude
06-23-2008, 12:43 AM
I'm not entirely sure if the Titanium client supports nektulosa. Anniversary does, but since that doesn't work too well with EQEmu it doesn't matter much. There's only one way to try, drop the nektulosa files from Anniversary or Live into the Titanium client, and #zone nektulosa. The PEQ database already has the entries for every zone Anniversary supports so server side it should be fine. The client would be the problem in this case...

ChaosSlayer
06-23-2008, 12:51 AM
So file for 3.0 which comes with Titanium don't work? thats sad

KLS
06-23-2008, 01:02 AM
There's two versions of nektulos.eqg, the one that comes with the titanium client(2.0) and the most recent one that you can get off the live patcher(3.0); titanium client can't render the most recent one though so it's worthless to us (but very well done if you've had a chance to hop on live and see it).

Nektulosa is a small zone, the size of a few rooms in a dungeon at best, it's most notably used in a common group fairy monster mission from nektulos.

ChaosSlayer
06-23-2008, 01:44 AM
so its actualy the instanced one of nektulus, not nektulus itself

John Adams
06-25-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm glad you cleared that nektulos stuff up. There was the original nek from when I was a baby inkie... then there was some crappy nek that looked like a dark, gloomy forest which comes with Titanium and I hate hate hate...

Then, there was the sublime one that was used on the Progression servers the last time I played EQ. If that's 3.0, that's the one I am after. :)

John Adams
06-29-2008, 02:08 PM
I guess as others have tried, I replaced my nektulos.* files with what is currently in the Live client, and zoned in. Total blackness, and it "sounded" like every NPC in the game was right on top of me. It was too scarey, I had to zone out! ;)

So I guess Nek v3.0 won't work for now :( plus, you can't really patch that out to your players anyway, I suppose.

Babul
09-15-2008, 03:29 AM
Hi Angelox I am using your Db and downloaded the zones from your site, but I still had problems with Nektulos hole.. I renamed it on the titanium client and now i see the zone but I am having problems the mob are out of LoS when using spells you can see them nd attack them only with weapons.

What is the problem and where/how to fix?

thanks