PDA

View Full Version : Server Updates

Scorpious2k
06-20-2008, 05:36 PM
I have spent the last week or so making updates to the server that fix bugs and add features. A total of 19 of them.

Here is the important part and the reason for this post: NONE OF THESE CHANGES WERE MINE!

Every one of these updates were the result of submissions by members of the EQEmu community! Here is a list of them.

TheLieka: Added #IPBan command and updated IP ban code
trevius: Addition of new races to #fixmob
Knightly: Correction of divine intervention text
LordKahel: Support AAs Defensive Instinct & Reflexive Mastery
Derision: Fix for flee runspeed - linear flee speed reduction as HP drops
Derision: Prevent mobs from fleeing if they are being helped by other NPCs
haecz: Distance check for corpse dragging
haecz: Distance check for taunt
greggg230: Merchant price faction/charisma fix
greggg230: Faction will now show on /con for agnostic players
BatCountry: Correction of a zone crash caused by reloading rules
Congdar: Eliminated array index error/zone crash in spells
TheLieka: Ban by IP
cavedude/TheLieka: Ability to limit melee guys from being bound in some zones.
Trevius: Door names can now go beyond the 16 char limit
Derision: New fear adjustment to cause mobs to flee at the correct rates
TheLieka: Limit the number of connections for an IP address
TheLieka: Added /rewind command
Striat: Quest Commands for Temp Race, Texture, Size and Gender Changes

So, when you download the latest and enjoy all the great improvements, don't forget to thank TheLieka, Knightly, LordKahel, Derision, haecz, greggg230, BatCountry, Congdar, cavedude, Trevius, Striat, and everyone else who has contributed to the project and made it happen.

Keep up the good work everyone. And thank you!

trevius
06-21-2008, 04:53 AM
Thanks a TON S2K! I was trying to go through and add those all to my unoficial releases, but this saves me alot of work and they are all great features that have just been waiting to get added. I can't wait to try out the new code!

I see you also added my #fixmob adjustments as well. I noticed that it wasn't mentioned in the change logs, but I checked the source and it was there. I don't need credit for it, but I just wanted to mention it in case anyone wanted to use the command with the new adjustments to make it a bit more useful. I find it pretty handy when looking for spawn types for new zones that aren't listed in the guidebook.

I will check and see if there are any extra SQL lines that could be added for some of these features that aren't already mentioned in the change logs. I think some of them might be missing there and it might be good info for admins running the new code. I will post here if I find any missing SQL lines.

trevius
06-21-2008, 05:41 AM
These SQL updates aren't required, but might be useful for people looking to add the new rules in for some of the new features. I added zone 152 and 202 for nexus and PoK so all classes can bind in them and not just casters. And the rules for fear and MQ were for the 1110 code, but they weren't mentioned in the change log, so I figured it might be nice to mention them here.

Update zone set canbind = 2 where zoneidnumber in (1,2,3,8,9,10,19,23,24,29,40,41,42,45,49,52,54,55, 60,61,62,67,75,82,83,106,152,155,202);

Insert into rule_values values (0, 'Combat:EnableFearPathing', true);
Insert into rule_values values (0, 'Combat:FleeHPRatio', 25);
Insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQWarpExemptStatus', 50 );
Insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQZoneExemptStatus', 50 );
Insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQGateExemptStatus', 50 );
Insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQGhostExemptStatus', 50 );
Insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:EnableMQWarpDetector', true );
Insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:EnableMQZoneDetector', true );
Insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:EnableMQGateDetector', true );
Insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:EnableMQGhostDetector', true );
Insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQWarpDetectorDistance', 100 );
Insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQWarpLagThreshold', 140 );
Insert into rule_values values (0, 'Zone:MQWarpThresholdTimer', 90000 );

Angelox
06-21-2008, 08:35 AM
Scorpious2k;
This Azone patch is very important;
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25369&highlight=azone
I've made the new maps, tested, passed around, and posted the new map files it makes. Works very well, solves many problems.
Need to get it into the source before it gets forgotten.
Thanks!

haecz
06-21-2008, 08:59 AM
Great work guys!

Derision
06-21-2008, 09:03 AM
This Azone patch is very important;
Need to get it into the source before it gets forgotten.

I will be releasing Azone2 within the next week or so which has the ability to specify placeable objects to be incorporated into the map, so Scorp may want to hold off comitting the previous azone patch and consider putting that in instead when it's ready.

I probably would have released it this weekend, but I started working on a little Windows OpenGL model viewer to go along with it (so you can more easily find the id numbers of models you might want to include in the map).

So_1337
06-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Yeah, sorry for the PM Scorp, but none of those 18 fixes had been committed yet, and it was nice to see it done. For those of us too hapless to be able to compile ourselves, the binaries are our saviors =)

I usually try and drop a note in each of the submission threads, when it isn't cluttering things up or derailing a topic. I really hope that everyone on that list is well aware of how much their work is appreciated. If not, send 'em my way, I'll do my part to try and flatter them a bit!

Scorpious2k
06-21-2008, 02:00 PM
I see you also added my #fixmob adjustments as well. I noticed that it wasn't mentioned in the change logs, but I checked the source and it was there.

Sorry about that, I have it fixed now

Scorpious2k
06-21-2008, 02:02 PM
I will be releasing Azone2 within the next week or so which has the ability to specify placeable objects to be incorporated into the map, so Scorp may want to hold off comitting the previous azone patch and consider putting that in instead when it's ready

Good idea. That's what we will do.

I hope you are including the code that makes it work under windows too.

Also as a future enhancement, we should see if we can get it to identify PvP areas like it does water. Then we could add code that makes those areas work. This probably deserves it's own thread in the appropriate forum area.

ChaosSlayer
06-21-2008, 09:03 PM
ok i am confused... i thgotu the "maps" you produced for LOS were those that went into SERVER not into client... you replacing the original CLIENT files?

i must be missing something...