PDA

View Full Version : blackburrow stout quest

Mitzrugi
06-23-2008, 03:11 PM
hello all ... I have been trying to write a few quest. It's not to hard with GeorgeS's quest tool but finding the correct item is very hard when there are like 30 by the same name lmao. here is the blackburrow stout quest i made a new item a tattered note (1079) because i could not find the correct tattered note and did not want to interfear with anyother quest/recipe.

* first up in South Qeynos:

################################################## #
# NPC: McNeal_Jocub.pl
# Part of moonstone And blackburrow stout quests
# quest items: moonstone, a case of Blackburrow Stout, A tattered note (i made it 1079 because i didn't know what note was what lol)
# Zone: qeynos
# By ???????
# modified by Mitzrugi
##################################################

sub EVENT_SAY {

if($text=~/Hail/i){

quest::say("Good ta see ya! Now start showin' these poodlewalkers how a real fish drinks!");

}

if($text=~/running low on/i){

quest::say("This is going to sound crazy, but my main supplier of [Blackburrow Stout] is one of the brewers themselves. I have run too low on the fine brew and need someone to [pick up my shipment].");

}

if($text=~/pick up my shipment/i){

quest::say("Take this note to the Qeynos Hills. Somewhere there, you shall find a gnoll at night called Gnasher. Give him the note. Now, get moving!");
quest::summonitem("1079");
}

if($text=~/blackburrow stout/i){

quest::say("Keep it down!! So you've heard of Blackburrow Stout? We sell it here in Fish's Backroom. If the Qeynos Guards knew, well.. it wouldn't be such a good thing. The stout is illegal, It's made by the gnolls. It is one of the finest brews you will ever taste. If you want any.. slide me a [moonstone].");

}

if($text=~/moonstone/i){

quest::say("Looking for moonstones, are we? The only way I know of getting a moonstone is to hunt gnolls for Captain Tillin of the Qeynos Guards."); }

}

sub EVENT_ITEM {

if($itemcount{10070} == 1){

quest::say("Here you go then. Don't go tellin' no Guards where that came from, I would hate to rid myself of a good paying customer.");

quest::summonitem("13107","5");

quest::faction("Not_Found","1");

quest::faction("311","1");

}

if($itemcount{10070} == 4){

quest::say("Here you go then. Don't go tellin' no Guards where that came from, I would hate to rid myself of a good paying customer.");

quest::summonitem("13107","13");

}

if($itemcount{10070} == 3){

quest::summonitem("13107","17");

quest::faction("Not_Found","1"); }

}

if($itemcount{13131} == 1){

quest::say("Good work, pal. Here's a little dough to spend, just don't spend it at any other bar.");

quest::givecash(0,0,3,9);

quest::faction("Not_Found","1"); }

}

#End of FILE Zone:qeynos ID:1107 -- McNeal_Jocub

*now for Qeynos Hills

################################################## #
# NPC: Gnasher_Furgutt.pl
# Part of the Gnashers Head quest And blackburrow stout quest
# Loot items: A Gnoll Head, identifies as Gnasher's Head (13309)
# A Note (18800)
# Zone: qeytoqrg
# By Andrew80k
# modified by Mitzrugi
##################################################

sub EVENT_SAY {

if($text =~ /hail/i ){

quest::say("Who are you? Did McNeal send you? If not, you would do yourself good to leave Gnasher alone. I have friends in high places.");

}

if($itemcount{1079} == 1){

quest::say("Ah. Good for you! Here you are. Take this to McNeal, but next time there will be no stout if there are no weapons.");

quest::summonitem("13131");

}

sub EVENT_AGGRO {

quest::say("Grrrrr!! You'd best run! If Gnasher dies, more than Sabertooths will be after you.");

}

sub EVENT_DEATH{

quest::say("Uuungghh!! You fool. Gnasher have human friends. They not be happy.. Bash you!!");

}

remember this is my first attempt and these are untested, also the faction is not setup correctly however the text and most of the items are there. thanks to all of you quest writers out there for showing me the way.

~Mitzrugi~

xxarthurxx
06-23-2008, 03:27 PM
I remember doing this quest 20x over after coming back from a long night in Black Burrow, thanks much for the submission. As for the factions i noticed most are not known. Does anyone have or know of a list of factions that corresponds to the EQEmu faction numbers? this would be very helpful!

cavedude
06-23-2008, 03:52 PM
All factions can be found in the faction_list table of the database. The Not_Found stuff came years ago when a script did a mass job of pulling quest data down from the web. Back then, the faction database wasn't as complete as it is today, so many factions will marked as unknown.

I'll get this quest in, and correct the factions, Thank you!

Mitzrugi
06-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Thanks CD, also don't forget that I just made a random copy of a tattered note. I still don't know the real note from the other tattered notes. Thanks

Mitzrugi
06-25-2008, 03:54 AM
found the correct tattered note id number:

a tattered note (18800) NOT (1079)

sorry about useing the wrone number in the posted code.

~mitzrugi~

cavedude
06-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Updated, thanks!